You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 8:56pm

1938 World Cup Qualifiers

Spun off here from the Indian News thread.

I will post the Americas Qualifiers shortly.

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 9:25pm

RE: 1938 World Cup Qualifiers

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine

Woot the 30s the golden age of Peruvian Football

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 9:32pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Tanthalas

Quoted

Yeah, um... I know the scores already, and you won't like me much.

I swear the Chile vs. Peru match was the result of a random rolling... 8o

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 9:38pm

Quoted

Quoted

Quoted

Yeah, um... I know the scores already, and you won't like me much.

I swear the Chile vs. Peru match was the result of a random rolling... 8o

LIES I say LIES, its a Conspiracy to keep Peru from being the Best in the World... :P

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 9:50pm

The Americas Qualifications

April 25
Brazil and Mexico dueled for a place in the World Cup at Tlalpan, Mexico City. The game was fierce but dominated by the Brazilian team, which scored a goal in the final minutes of the first half, and picked up a second score from a penalty kick. Despite ferocious Mexican attempts to score, Brazilian goal-keeper Carlos Arona shut out every shot.

Score: Brazil 2, Mexico 0

April 30
The second game of the Americas qualifiers pitted the two North American rivals, the United States and Canada, against each other in Quebec. An storm interrupted the match, drenching the players in a cold rain and turning the pitch into a field of mud. The Americans came out swinging, kicking off and scoring a goal at the three-minute mark, but the rainstorm and the mud was blamed for their gradual loss of cohesion as the game dragged on. The Canadian team rallied against the flagging Americans and ended the second half with a beautiful goal that slipped through the fingers of the American goal-keeper. The Canadians dominated the second half, scoring two more goals, with the final dramatic score occurring as the American goalie caught the ball, slipped in the mud, and dropped it to roll into the goal.

Score: Canada 3, US 1

May 4
Argentina and Columbia squared off in Bogota today, where Argentina secured her place in the World Cup, going 3-0 against the Columbians. The Argentine team showed unusually good teamwork and skill that paid off as they made all three goals in the first half. The overworked Columbian goal-keeper blocked a dozen shots on goal but the Argentine team always quickly brought the game back to Columbia's side of the field, aided in part by a stiff wind from the far end of the field. In the second half, the Columbians rallied to counterattack, with the wind now at their backs; but the Argentines again demonstrated their teamwork by holding the Columbians back. The Columbian counterattacks nevertheless forced the Argentines back, and in the second half they only managed two shots on the Columbian goal, both blocked by the Columbian goalkeeper.

Score: Argentina 3, Columbia 0

May 10
The final game of the Americas Qualifiers for the World Cup matched off rivals Peru and Chile in the stadium at Santiago. The game turned out to be vicious, with a number of players being sidelined because of injuries incurred during the game. The Chilean team, led by team captain Eduardo Medina, scored a quick goal to open the game, and then deflected a furious Peruvian counterattack, where a Peruvian forward and a Chilean defender collided at full speed. While the Peruvian forward was able to rejoin the game, Chilean player Ismay Letelier limped off the field with a broken nose and ribs. The Chilean team pressed the attack again, scoring a second goal right as the first half ended, although the Chilean team captain was yellow-carded for arguing with one of the referee's calls. The second half saw a further contest as two more players were sidelined for injuries, mainly sprains. In the final minutes, Chilean team captain Medina was tripped by Peruvian defender Yancarlo Jeminez, who then spit at the Chilean player. Before the referee could intervene with a red card, Medina's compatriot Allejandro Pellegrini jumped on Jeminez and put him in a choke-hold, which resulted in both Pellegrini and Jeminez being tossed out of the game with red cards. Nevertheless, Medina was given a penalty shot and scored the third goal of the game, ending the match.

Score: Chile 3, Peru 0

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 9:55pm

I logged the rolls using an online DiceBot; you can see the process.

I actually didn't want to match Peru and Chile up against each other, because if I lost, I figured it'd be rubbed into my face, and if I won, I'd be accused of cheating. :rolleyes:

((Perdedor, if I didn't understand your system right, we can re-run it if necessary.))

Quoted

[13:38] Brock: First match, Chile versus Peru: 1 = Victory for Chile, 2= Victory for Peru.
[13:38] Brock: !1d2,10
[13:38] DicedFate: Brock rolled { (1d2->1)=1, (1d2->2)=2, (1d2->2)=2, (1d2->1)=1, (1d2->1)=1, (1d2->1)=1, (1d2->2)=2, (1d2->1)=1, (1d2->1)=1, (1d2->1)=1 } = (1,2,2,1,1,1,2,1,1,1) = 13
[13:39] Brock: Chile = 7, Peru = 3
[13:40] Brock: !1d3, Score for the game
[13:40] DicedFate: Sorry Brock, I don't understand Score. perhaps you should !set Score=something first.
[13:40] Brock: Idiot
[13:40] Brock: !1d3: Score for the game
[13:40] DicedFate: Brock rolled (1d3->2) = 2 : Score for the game
[13:41] Brock: !1d2-1: How many points lead:
[13:41] DicedFate: Brock rolled (1d2->1)-1 = 0 : How many points lead:
[13:41] Brock: Score was 2-0.
[13:42] Brock: Second match, Canada versus the US: 1 = Victory for Canada, 2 = Victory for US.
[13:43] Brock: !1d2,10
[13:43] DicedFate: Brock rolled { (1d2->2)=2, (1d2->1)=1, (1d2->2)=2, (1d2->1)=1, (1d2->1)=1, (1d2->1)=1, (1d2->1)=1, (1d2->2)=2, (1d2->1)=1, (1d2->1)=1 } = (2,1,2,1,1,1,1,2,1,1) = 13
[13:43] Brock: ...Canada = 7, US = 3.
[13:43] Brock: !1d3: Score for the game
[13:43] DicedFate: Brock rolled (1d3->2) = 2 : Score for the game
[13:43] Brock: ...this looks familiar.
[13:44] Brock: !1d2-1: How many points lead:
[13:44] DicedFate: Brock rolled (1d2->2)-1 = 1 : How many points lead:
[13:44] Brock: Hm, Canada beats the US 2-1.
[13:45] Brock: Third match, Brazil versus Mexico; 1 = Victory for Brazil, 2 = Victory for Mexico.
[13:45] Brock: !1d2,10
[13:45] DicedFate: Brock rolled { (1d2->1)=1, (1d2->1)=1, (1d2->1)=1, (1d2->1)=1, (1d2->1)=1, (1d2->2)=2, (1d2->1)=1, (1d2->1)=1, (1d2->2)=2, (1d2->1)=1 } = (1,1,1,1,1,2,1,1,2,1) = 12
[13:45] Brock: DOMINATION. :P
[13:45] Brock: ...odd that the 1s have won everything so far.
[13:46] Brock: Brazil = 8, Mexico = 2
[13:46] Brock: !1d3: Score
[13:46] DicedFate: Brock rolled (1d3->1) = 1 : Score
[13:46] Brock: ...that makes it simple.
[13:47] Brock: Fourth match, Argentina versus Columbia: 1 = Victory for Argentina, 2 = Victory for Columbia.
[13:47] Brock: !1d2,10
[13:47] DicedFate: Brock rolled { (1d2->1)=1, (1d2->2)=2, (1d2->2)=2, (1d2->2)=2, (1d2->1)=1, (1d2->1)=1, (1d2->1)=1, (1d2->1)=1, (1d2->2)=2, (1d2->1)=1 } = (1,2,2,2,1,1,1,1,2,1) = 14
[13:47] Brock: Argentina = 6, Columbia = 4.
[13:48] Brock: !1d3: Score
[13:48] DicedFate: Brock rolled (1d3->3) = 3 : Score
[13:48] Brock: !d3-1: Points in the lead.
[13:48] DicedFate: Brock rolled (1d3->1)-1 = 0 : Points in the lead.
[13:48] Brock: Ouch, shutout.
[13:51] Brock: Hm, and if it's 7 out of 10, we make it one up?
[13:52] Brock: ...so Chile beats Peru 3/0, Canada beats US 3/1, Brazil beats Mexico 2/0, and Argentina beats Columbia... 3/0.
[13:53] Brock: Yay.
[13:53] Brock: === END ROLLING ===

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 9:59pm

I still say the fix was in...

OTL Peru didnt enter in the 1938 World Cup, but they won the 1939 South Amarican tournament.

:P

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Tanthalas" (Jan 29th 2009, 10:00pm)

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 10:05pm

Quoted

OTL Peru didnt enter in the 1938 World Cup, but they won the 1939 South Amarican tournament.

You can try again then. :P

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 10:12pm

Quoted

Quoted

You can try again then. :P

well I still say you fixed the results... Peru should have atleast scored a goal... :D Now puting on my South Amarican Dictator hat im going to have to have them all shot.

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 10:58pm

The qualifiers are three games per team in two groups; with the winner and runnerup in each group going to the World Cup. At least that the way is set in Asia.

Still got:

Japan vs. DEI
Australia vs Siam (already did it and is a 1-1 tie)
Bharat vs China
Persia vs Chosen

Japan vs Siam
Australia vs DEI
Bharat vs Persia
China vs Chosen

Right now Group 11:
Japan 1-0-0 with 4 goals
DEI 1-0-0 with 3 goals
Australia 0-1-0 with 1 goal
Siam 0-1-0 with 0 goal

Right now Group 12:
Persia 1-0-0 with 2 goals
Bharat 0-0-1 with 2 goals
Chosen 0-0-1 with 2 goals
China 0-1-0 with 0 goals

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 11:02pm

Oh, so this is like the first round, and I should mix up the teams and run two more rounds?

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 11:03pm

Mexico lost in Mexico City? Gotta shot the referee...

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 11:05pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox

Im just executing the whole team, Obviously it wasnt the team that played in the Olympics in Berlin or the team that would win the South Amarican Championship in 39 (they must have all bene hurt or somthing as OTL it was the same team)

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 11:09pm

Where is the World Cup being held anyways? Is it in Europe or South America?

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 11:10pm

I'm running two more games apiece. Currently have:

Brazil vs. US
Argentina vs. Peru
Chile vs. Canada
Mexico vs. Columbia

Scores shortly.

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 11:11pm

Quoted

Paris, I think.

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 11:25pm

Quoted

Quoted

Im just executing the whole team, Obviously it wasnt the team that played in the Olympics in Berlin or the team that would win the South Amarican Championship in 39 (they must have all bene hurt or somthing as OTL it was the same team)

You will of course charge fees to the best seats :D

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 11:26pm

Quoted

Historicly it was in France

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 11:34pm

Don't execute your team just yet, Tan; they might pull something off like they just did. ;) Writing up the scores...

Though it looks like the Mexican footballers need to find a new coach.

Friday, January 30th 2009, 12:07am

May 11
The US team, although defeated by the Canadians in the previous match, again came out swinging against the Brazilian team on their home field, pulling off a surprising upset victory. This time, blessed with sunny May weather, a supportive American crowd and a stern lecture from their team captains, the Americans shocked the Brazilians by two early goals. The Brazilians rallied in the second half, scoring once on the American team with an outstanding bicycle-kick goal, but they were unable to prevent the US from sealing their victory with a third goal in the final minutes of the game.

US 3, Brazil 1

May 14
Peru, humiliated by the Chileans in their previous match, clawed their way to a home-game victory over the Argentines despite the excellent Argentine teamwork. Both sides were scoreless until the final five minutes, though the Peruvian goal-keeper blocked a dozen shots, ten of them made by the Argentine star forward Jorge Aguilar. During one of the Argentine attacks a brilliant interception by the Peruvians sent both teams racing back down the field, where the Peruvians scored the only goal of the match with only four minutes left to play. Despite a furious Argentine attempt to tie the match, the Peruvians held off the assault and won the game.

Peru 1, Argentina 0

May 16
The Chilean team, flush from victory against Peru, went head to head with the likewise victorious Canadian team on the field in Montreal. The two teams appeared to be evenly-matched and it appeared that despite all efforts, the game would end in a scoreless tie. But in the last thirty seconds team captain Medina cut the ball out of a knot of Canadian defenders and made a long pass to forward Victor Lux, who scored with only seven seconds left on the clock.

Chile 1, Canada 0

May 25
Mexico and Columbia, both defeated in the previous round, entered the game in Bogota knowing that only the victor held a shot at staging a comeback, and knowing the other team would give this game their all. Both teams played fiercely, but to the roars of their home crowd, the Columbian team managed to press the Mexican team back. The Columbians scored first, followed by a rapid turnaround as the Mexicans drove the ball down the field and scored a beautiful shot that deflected off the goalposts. In the second half, the Columbians scored twice more in rapid succession, ending the game firmly with a 3-1 victory. The game was marred by unusually warm temperatures of 115F / 46C, and two players (one Mexican and one Columbian) collapsed from the heat during the second half.

Columbia 3, Mexico 1

Game 1: Brazil versus US, US wins 3-1
Game 2: Peru versus Argentina, Peru wins 1-0
Game 3: Chile versus Canada, Chile wins 1-0
Game 4: Mexico versus Columbia, Columbia wins 3-1

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Brockpaine" (Jan 30th 2009, 12:47am)