You are not logged in.

Monday, February 23rd 2004, 10:26pm

The United German Workers’ Free Press

[SIZE=3]A Communique from the Kommunistische Partei Deutschlands[/SIZE]

Salutations, workers of the world!

Truly it astonishes us that the repressive, hateful Right avoids prosecution, considering what they spend their time doing: spreading hate, vandalizing homes and businesses, and killing . Granted, they are now banned at the political level by most of the nation, but the governments and the judiciary can not be bothered to prosecute them for their crimes.

Consider the recent obliteration of Walter Rathenau; and we use that word rather than “murder” because that is what happens to a person subjected to machine gun fire and grenade explosions . Rathenau was no friend to the peace-loving workers of the nation - he was, after all, an industrialis t, and thus an oppressor of the masses . But the Right decided he was a sympathizer and traitor (as virtually everybody seems to be), and two of their patsies were sent out to kill him. Sure, they’re now dead as well, but had they been smart and let themselves be arrested, they’d likely be free men in just a year or two!

We’re not sure what the government was thinking when it decided to go through with a memorial service for him. They knew that the Right would take the opportunity to rampage , and that’s what they did. Riots in Berlin, Munich, and what, seven other cities? Dozens dead, homes and small businesses burned. Yet just a handful of the criminals were arrested. That old war criminal Ludendorff was one of those, but we think he’ll never even go to trial.

Speaking of trials, the Riechsmarine’s new toy, Emden , is undergoing its workup. The navy is already ordering stuff for more toys but apparently can’t decide what they want. First they order triple gun mounts, then they change their minds to double gun mounts. Guns are guns ; what difference does it make?

Friends, if you think that is bad, wait until the Reichsmarine insists on building tiny battleships with tiny guns in a few years. Imagine the dread the French will feel when their enormous dreadnoughts pass by our government’s little ships ! “Ooh, mon captain, look, ze German battleship zat weighs 24,000 tons. It carries zome twelve inch guns; three of those zhips could zink one of ours. It is tres bien that they only get to have four!”

Comrades, we hope that this has given you food for thought - given the economic crisis, it may well be the only bread you enjoy today.

Monday, February 23rd 2004, 10:53pm

Note for you newcomers...

Please note that the United German Worker's Free Press stuff that I post is, in a sense, a made-up editorial piece. It is not necessarily grammatically or politically correct, because I don't expect that a rabble of paranoid communists in 1922 would be.

That said, the underlying events mentioned - the Nazi ban, Rathenau, rioting, and Emden - can be considered factually accurate in Wesworld history.

J

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Friday, February 27th 2004, 10:50pm

I love it...

Doc, I really love your style. :o) Even though it´s somewhat irritating to read about this alternate german history it is much fun. Keep it coming.

Btw, why ordering doubles? I guess, I know....

Cheers,

HoOmAn

Sunday, February 29th 2004, 1:14am

Quoted

Originally posted by The Rock Doctor
Please note that the United German Worker's Free Press stuff that I post is, in a sense, a made-up editorial piece. It is not necessarily grammatically or politically correct, because I don't expect that a rabble of paranoid communists in 1922 would be.

But it is bloody good flavour text!!
Keep it coming please!