You are not logged in.

Tuesday, January 27th 2009, 8:03am

OOC: The only question is if you want to hold it before Hoo returns?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Vukovlad" (Jan 27th 2009, 8:03am)

Tuesday, January 27th 2009, 8:11am

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad
OOC: The only question is if you want to hold it before Hoo returns?

Seeing as he has a claim that overlaps the others, then I'd see Hoo's participation as pretty much necessary for the success of an Antarctic Treaty. It wouldn't hurt to have some non-Antarctic powers sign as observers, too.

Edit: And where IS Hoo? It's been more than a month since I've seen him post.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Brockpaine" (Jan 27th 2009, 8:14am)

Tuesday, January 27th 2009, 7:26pm

Quoted

Quoted

A Punishment Regiment perhaps! Being forced to eat each other to survive, the two remaining ones get a repriave and then executed for cannibalism.

*Snerk*

Sounds more like a Japanese Army unit than a Chinese Army unit.

What?! Sounds more like a Russian Army unit to me!!! :D

Quoted

and Chile will note that the overlapping claims are "undecided at present".

So what's wrong with "Antarctic Cooperation Zones"? :)

Quoted

Just note that that map is wrong as it is missing the entire Australian claim, which starts next to the Filipino claimand goes from there until halfway in the SAE-French claim.

Maybe it's because the Australian claim was made after this map was made?

Quoted

Which is why the US and Germany will simply watch whatever goes on there with bemused expressions.

Well, if I am not mistaken, during Canis's reign, the US made use of both Japanese and Filipino zones. Not sure about the Filipino zone, but when interested, the US (and Germany as well) is always welcome to make use of the JASEO and MEVOS accomodations.

... They might want to take along their own food.There's only sushi and rice on the menus of those bases. :)

Quoted

For the purpose of clarification, the Dominion of Canada inquires with the pertinent nations the exact nature of their interest in the territory in Antarctica;

Why should Canada worry about what happens on Antarctica when they themselves have plenty of ice to their North (ice that pretty much protects its entire northern coastline)? :)

I'm not sure about the rest of Antarctica, but Japan has Mount Erebus in its zone, which to me seemed interesting enough to require an observation station there (Fire vs Ice). Also in Wesworld, Shirase Nobu was the first man to reach the South Pole. So the bases on Antarctica can also function as stepping stones to the South Pole for future travellers to the South Pole.

Erebus is the continent's largest volcano by volume, and second only to Mount Sidley in altitude. Also it's the southernmost active volcano on Earth. Mt. Siddley is in the French zone next to the Japanese zone so the French, too, have something interesting in that particular zone.

... and don't forget that that Stargate on Antarctica is in in Japan's sector as well. :)

Quoted

It's unlikely Chile will deploy troops, but the Ejercito and Armada will launch a few mapping and geographic expeditions.

If Chile wants, they could borrow one of the Kainan Maru class exploration vessels for that purpose if they have no specialized ships available for that job.

Quoted

Canada offers to host a conference and mediate any relevante disputes below the 66°S Parralel.

Japan believes it to be more fitting to hold it in the nation who reached the South Pole first (i.e. Japan), but will accepts Canada's offer on one condition: that it is to be held at Chateau Lake Louise in the Province of Alberta...

:)

Tuesday, January 27th 2009, 7:33pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10

Quoted

It's unlikely Chile will deploy troops, but the Ejercito and Armada will launch a few mapping and geographic expeditions.

If Chile wants, they could borrow one of the Kainan Maru class exploration vessels for that purpose if they have no specialized ships available for that job.

Thanks, but I've been working up a ship (converted Antarctic sealing ship) of my own which should do the job quite well. And barring that, I've got allies with big polar exploration ships.

Wednesday, January 28th 2009, 1:20am

Indeed, the Russian Arctica and the Atlantean Adventure are available for emidiate use untill Chile has its ship(s) available for use.

Hrolf: Canis discussed using Palmer Station, in the Atlantean claim, should the Americans find Sushi and Rice abit unsatisfying 5 minutes after eating the offer is still open.

As for the conferance, how about Yellowknife in the dead of winter?, so the delegates can get an abit of an idea of what conditions they are sending their troops....I mean scientists into.

Wednesday, January 28th 2009, 4:48pm

Quoted

Canis discussed using Palmer Station, in the Atlantean claim, should the Americans find Sushi and Rice abit unsatisfying 5 minutes after eating the offer is still open.

Well, from all the things in the news, the two Japanese stations are the only ones on Antarctica (at the moment). The only time that 'Palmer Station' was mentioned is in the ' Big Ass Map: Rough Draft' thread where you mentioned 'historical Palmer station'... which is 1965-68... meaning the Americans, expecting to arrive at some nice place to stay, would arrive at nothing. :)

Quoted

As for the conferance, how about Yellowknife in the dead of winter?, so the delegates can get an abit of an idea of what conditions they are sending their troops....I mean scientists into.

The same can be achieved in Banff/Jasper National Parks, which in my opnion are more spectacular than Yellowknife and can be done in the summer as well. Just dump them in the middle of the Columbia Icefield. :)

Wednesday, January 28th 2009, 5:28pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
Well, from all the things in the news, the two Japanese stations are the only ones on Antarctica (at the moment). The only time that 'Palmer Station' was mentioned is in the ' Big Ass Map: Rough Draft' thread where you mentioned 'historical Palmer station'... which is 1965-68... meaning the Americans, expecting to arrive at some nice place to stay, would arrive at nothing. :)

Seeing as its in my claim I'd say its my decision whether or not it exists as historical or has been set up in secret.:) Afterall why would I have an Antartic exploration vessel if it didn't have anywhere to sail to?

Wednesday, January 28th 2009, 6:01pm

To bring to stuff to Antarctica to build an Antarctic Station to begin with? To me it seems like a waste of good storyline material to let it just appear out of thin air.

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 4:10am

Theres alot thats happened in Atlantis proper I haven't even posted nevermind outside it!

Adventure has the capacity to carry 5,200 tons of cargo so I'd say she'd have transported the base already.