You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, January 26th 2009, 6:34am

A kinda stupid but important question

are we sticking strictly to the +3 year rule on aircraft?

(i'm asking for a very important reason as it dictates a eclipse Development, and thus my news)

Monday, January 26th 2009, 6:39am

We have had a few arguments about that in the past, and I'm not certain they're entirely solved. For my part, I've considered the following rule to be ironclad:

+3 years for propeller planes
+0 years for jets, etc.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Brockpaine" (Jan 26th 2009, 6:40am)

Monday, January 26th 2009, 7:18am

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
We have had a few arguments about that in the past, and I'm not certain they're entirely solved. For my part, I've considered the following rule to be ironclad:

+3 years for propeller planes
+0 years for jets, etc.

so +3 for anything that flys with a Piston Engine and a propeller got it, +0 for anything else (basicly jets and rocket planes) Got it. Kinda sucks LOL I had an awsome Idea for a Jet fighter today.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Tanthalas" (Jan 26th 2009, 7:24am)

Monday, January 26th 2009, 7:29am

Quoted

Originally posted by Tanthalas
so +3 for anything that flys with a Piston Engine and a propeller got it, +0 for anything else (basicly jets and rocket planes) Got it. Kinda sucks LOL I had an awsome Idea for a Jet fighter today.

Well, there are some... differences of opinion. I tend to prefer more conservative courses... for instance, Bulgaria just introduced it's first home-designed monoplane in 1937. :D

Monday, January 26th 2009, 8:01am

Quoted

Quoted

Originally posted by Tanthalas

Well, there are some... differences of opinion. I tend to prefer more conservative courses... for instance, Bulgaria just introduced it's first home-designed monoplane in 1937. :D

all my aircraft are Eclipse International (I think its in Switzerland or somthing I never realy decided), but its handy to be able to play cutting edge moron with someone.

Monday, January 26th 2009, 8:06am

I see it as you can do whatever you want prototype wise, but cannot have the plane enter service until it meets the +3 rule. So you can build a YF-22 for all I care, but of course it won't do you any good for another 60 or so years. Well you could sell it to a museum as a piece of modern art...

Monday, January 26th 2009, 8:10am

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
I see it as you can do whatever you want prototype wise, but cannot have the plane enter service until it meets the +3 rule.

Now see, I feel that's something of a dangerous precedent, as it encourages brinksmanship and gets people to try to bend the +3 rule. "Well, no one complained when I made the first prototype three years ago! Why can't I have my toy daddy waaaaah."

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Brockpaine" (Jan 26th 2009, 8:11am)

Monday, January 26th 2009, 8:14am

Quoted

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
I see it as you can do whatever you want prototype wise, but cannot have the plane enter service until it meets the +3 rule.

Now see, I feel that's something of a dangerous precedent, as it encourages brinksmanship and gets people to try to bend the +3 rule. "Well, no one complained when I made the first prototype three years ago! Why can't I have my toy daddy waaaaah."

I tend to agree, which is why I asked.