You are not logged in.

Monday, January 26th 2009, 6:34am

A kinda stupid but important question

are we sticking strictly to the +3 year rule on aircraft?

(i'm asking for a very important reason as it dictates a eclipse Development, and thus my news)

Monday, January 26th 2009, 6:39am

We have had a few arguments about that in the past, and I'm not certain they're entirely solved. For my part, I've considered the following rule to be ironclad:

+3 years for propeller planes
+0 years for jets, etc.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Brockpaine" (Jan 26th 2009, 6:40am)

Monday, January 26th 2009, 7:18am

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
We have had a few arguments about that in the past, and I'm not certain they're entirely solved. For my part, I've considered the following rule to be ironclad:

+3 years for propeller planes
+0 years for jets, etc.

so +3 for anything that flys with a Piston Engine and a propeller got it, +0 for anything else (basicly jets and rocket planes) Got it. Kinda sucks LOL I had an awsome Idea for a Jet fighter today.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Tanthalas" (Jan 26th 2009, 7:24am)

Monday, January 26th 2009, 7:29am

Quoted

Originally posted by Tanthalas
so +3 for anything that flys with a Piston Engine and a propeller got it, +0 for anything else (basicly jets and rocket planes) Got it. Kinda sucks LOL I had an awsome Idea for a Jet fighter today.

Well, there are some... differences of opinion. I tend to prefer more conservative courses... for instance, Bulgaria just introduced it's first home-designed monoplane in 1937. :D

Monday, January 26th 2009, 8:01am

Quoted

Quoted

Originally posted by Tanthalas

Well, there are some... differences of opinion. I tend to prefer more conservative courses... for instance, Bulgaria just introduced it's first home-designed monoplane in 1937. :D

all my aircraft are Eclipse International (I think its in Switzerland or somthing I never realy decided), but its handy to be able to play cutting edge moron with someone.

Monday, January 26th 2009, 8:06am

I see it as you can do whatever you want prototype wise, but cannot have the plane enter service until it meets the +3 rule. So you can build a YF-22 for all I care, but of course it won't do you any good for another 60 or so years. Well you could sell it to a museum as a piece of modern art...

Monday, January 26th 2009, 8:10am

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
I see it as you can do whatever you want prototype wise, but cannot have the plane enter service until it meets the +3 rule.

Now see, I feel that's something of a dangerous precedent, as it encourages brinksmanship and gets people to try to bend the +3 rule. "Well, no one complained when I made the first prototype three years ago! Why can't I have my toy daddy waaaaah."

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Brockpaine" (Jan 26th 2009, 8:11am)

Monday, January 26th 2009, 8:14am

Quoted

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
I see it as you can do whatever you want prototype wise, but cannot have the plane enter service until it meets the +3 rule.

Now see, I feel that's something of a dangerous precedent, as it encourages brinksmanship and gets people to try to bend the +3 rule. "Well, no one complained when I made the first prototype three years ago! Why can't I have my toy daddy waaaaah."

I tend to agree, which is why I asked.