You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 4:48am

New Mexican Aircraft for 1937

Azcarte is pleased to present a new twin engined airliner. Aeromexico has already placed an order for 30 planes, with the government placing an order for a further 5 fitted out as executive transports. Also BAM (Siam) has expressed interest in acquiring the license to the plane.

Note based on OTL DC-5:

General characteristics

Crew: six
Capacity: 16-22 passengers
Length: 62 ft 6 in (19.05 m)
Wingspan: 78 ft (23.77 m)
Height: 19 ft (6.05 m)
Wing area: 824 ft² (76.55 m²)
Empty weight: 13,680 lb (6,202 kg)
Loaded weight: 20,000 lb (9,072 kg)
Powerplant: 2× Wright GR-1820-F62 Cyclone radials, 850 hp (635 kW) each

Performance

Maximum speed: 227 mph (325 km/h)
Range: 1,600 mi (2,575 km)
Service ceiling 23,700 ft (7,225 m)

Azcarte has also finished work on a 10 man glider. One hundred hav already been ordered by the Mexican Army.

Specs to come.

From TNCA comes the O-3 Saltamontes. It is designed to replace the O-2Ms as a light observer and liason aircraft.

Specs to come (think Piper L-4)

Also from TNCA comes a special research aircraft. The E-1 is as of now a very closely guarded secret. Nothing at all has been released to the public or even to allies. Officially it does not exist.

Powerplant: 1 300lb thrust pulsejet
Remaining specs: Coming soon...

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 6:35am

For some reason I can only see some of the pics.

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 7:07am

I pitty the poor pilots testing the V1 bomb...

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 8:34am

Quoted

I pitty the poor pilots testing the V1 bomb...

Quite right. "I don't hate the Mexican Pilots - I pity the fools." :D

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 11:52am

I got a book over Christmas that has some details of pulsejet development work in Germany. A pattern emerges of; vibrations destroyed test rig, heat destroyed test rig, noise started causing damage etc.

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 12:27pm

Which makes one wonder, how many good pilots does Mexico have left?

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 12:46pm

They did not have any good pilots to begin with. :P :D
*runs away and hides in bunker*

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 12:49pm

I thought we'd agreed to keep jet technology on it's historical timeline?

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 1:12pm

As far as I know, only a few did... and I will say this again: All or nothing at all. That is my opinion.

I am not sure what Mexico's drive is for stuff like this. SATSUMA has to deal with the fiends of SAER so Japan is looking at all kinds of thing that might be able to give them an edge (whether they work or spectacularily fail). Personally I think the creation of SAER, while logical, was a bad thing as it seriously upsets the balance in Wesworld and Japan would certainly look to all kinds of things to restore the balance as much as possible (One reason why Yamato ended up a lot bigger than it used to be).

A few things that are around are a development from older stuff and ideas (Like to rockets mounted on the various planes which was a result from a continuous development of the Le Prieur rockets from WW1 (though no longer bearing any resemblance with those rockets, they are still called Le Prieurs in honour of the man who brought Aviation to Japan in 1909) and Japan's version of 'Napalm'... which is actually not really napalm but some stuff that was used some 1500 years ago (=> Greek Fire)).

... the Giant Flying Wok from Nakajima that I have planned is something else though (a bad idea I picked up from warbirds.jp)... :D

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rooijen10" (Jan 18th 2009, 1:12pm)

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 1:43pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
As far as I know, only a few did... and I will say this again: All or nothing at all. That is my opinion.

That preaty clear looking at Japans encyclopedia, having every toy under the sun...

Quoted

I am not sure what Mexico's drive is for stuff like this. SATSUMA has to deal with the fiends of SAER so Japan is looking at all kinds of thing that might be able to give them an edge (whether they work or spectacularily fail). Personally I think the creation of SAER, while logical, was a bad thing as it seriously upsets the balance in Wesworld and Japan would certainly look to all kinds of things to restore the balance as much as possible (One reason why Yamato ended up a lot bigger than it used to be).

I think SAER was a logical responce to an alliance that virtually controls all of the Pacific, the majority of Asia and threatens/intimidates the remaining nations that are not part of it, in addition to meddling in as many South American and European affairs as they possibly can....but thats just my opinion. ;)

Unfortunately I don't buy the alliance as an excuse to advance as many technological inovations as possible, I chalk that up to power gaming.

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 2:09pm

Quoted

That preaty clear looking at Japans encyclopedia, having every toy under the sun...

I disagree. I only have a few. Italy has the rest. :D
(quite a few bad ideas have been formed in my mind by visiting the Italian encyclopedia)

Quoted

I think SAER was a logical responce to an alliance that virtually controls all of the Pacific, the majority of Asia and threatens/intimidates the remaining nations that are not part of it,

Well, that is your opinion. We threaten and intimidate because we feel threatened and intimidated... uhm... disregard that comment. :)

Quoted

in addition to meddling in as many South American and European affairs as they possibly can

Meddling? Us?? We would never do such a thing! We would not dare! :rolleyes:

Quoted

Unfortunately I don't buy the alliance as an excuse to advance as many technological inovations as possible, I chalk that up to power gaming.

Easy for you to say. You're big and got many big buddies. You're not in the same position, you big mean Atlantean bully! ;(
Yeah. Alliance is not the proper reason. 'Gigantic Evil Steamroller Alliance that will flatten you 1,000,000 times over' is better... :)

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 2:20pm

Quoted

I disagree. I only have a few. Italy has the rest. großes Grinsen (quite a few bad ideas have been formed in my mind by visiting the Italian encyclopedia)

I've no idea what you mean.

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 2:39pm

I thought you played Eagle-eyed Italy, not Ostrich Atlantis. :D

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 3:18pm

Quoted

Quoted

I think SAER was a logical responce to an alliance that virtually controls all of the Pacific, the majority of Asia and threatens/intimidates the remaining nations that are not part of it,

Well, that is your opinion. We threaten and intimidate because we feel threatened and intimidated... uhm... disregard that comment. :)

Yes I'm sure Armenia, Azerbaijan, Afganistan and an emaciated Kingdom of Saudi Arabia are VERY fearsome foes.

Quoted

Quoted

in addition to meddling in as many South American and European affairs as they possibly can

Meddling? Us?? We would never do such a thing! We would not dare! :rolleyes:

Oh but you would and its not surprising, but it does add to the methods SATSUMA uses to "eliminate" their "grave threats" which is why it was worth noting. Problem is SATSUMA tends to lump in countless other nations due to their paranoia and it tends to add to their problems as a result.

Quoted

Quoted

Easy for you to say. You're big and got many big buddies. You're not in the same position, you big mean Atlantean bully! ;(
Yeah. Alliance is not the proper reason. 'Gigantic Evil Steamroller Alliance that will flatten you 1,000,000 times over' is better... :)

Last time I checked SATSUMA had 2 nations with some of the largest populations in the world and a large, uninterrupted territoral expanse.....and I won't even get into the bully arguement because most if not all rifts Atlantis has had has been a result of SATSUMA agression towards smaller nations.

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 4:26pm

Quoted

Is that why you keep posting "Atlantean Bombers"? Which, I should note, I really don't understand, seeing as Atlantis isn't a member of SAER, has no obvious conflicts with Japan or for that matter any SATSUMA nation.

SAER didn't have to form; it was driven by SATSUMA's aggression and paranoia. SATSUMA is directly responsible for the creation of SAER.

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 5:06pm

Quoted

Yes I'm sure Armenia, Azerbaijan, Afganistan and an emaciated Kingdom of Saudi Arabia are VERY fearsome foes.

Actually, I was thinking of something else.

Quoted

Last time I checked SATSUMA had 2 nations with some of the largest populations in the world

Ah sure... and I suppose that everyone in those two nations are soldiers. If that were the case, then I won't argue about that and if not... well, I won't argue about that either.

Quoted

Is that why you keep posting "Atlantean Bombers"? Which, I should note, I really don't understand, seeing as Atlantis isn't a member of SAER, has no obvious conflicts with Japan or for that matter any SATSUMA nation.

Uhmmm...
*quickly edits post*
Atlantean Bombers? I don't know what you are talking about. Don't you mean Spaghetti bombers? :D

Quoted

SAER didn't have to form; it was driven by SATSUMA's aggression and paranoia. SATSUMA is directly responsible for the creation of SAER.

But what made us aggressive an paranoid? Exactly. The nations that formed SAER.
*runs away from angry mob from the SAER nations* :D

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 6:02pm

What this SEAR vs SATSUMA stuff doing here? If you guys are going threadjacking at least make it interesting... :D

Quoted

I thought we'd agreed to keep jet technology on it's historical timeline?

Pulsets are not exacly the same thing as jets, and they have been around since 1932 in OTL. They are also very simple to design and build.

Quoted

Which makes one wonder, how many good pilots does Mexico have left?

All of them, that's why I've been flying and crashing unmmaned testbeds for the past two years. It's taken two years to get the pulsejets to a stage were it is somewhat safe to actually put a person in the plane. Its going to take another two years to get to the point were I have a reliable testbed. Which brings us to 1939.

Quoted

I am not sure what Mexico's drive is for stuff like this.
Well OTL's Mexico's Aircraft industry of the time was actually pretty advanced. However, other factors prevented any of those planes from ever entering production.

Also, well I'm an Aerospace Engineering student. My ships can be obsolete but my planes better be decent.

Mexico also has probably the smallest Factory to Actual Industrial Capability ratio of all the countries here. That means that all that money that would go towards the Navy is being funneled elsewhere, in this case the Airforce.

And finally between rockets, true jets, and pulsejets, the pulsejets are by far the simplest to design and build. So while having more cash than OTL the Mexican Aircraft Industry still does not have the resources of other larger countries, so it went for the cheapest solution.

The Argentinians already have rockets, the Italians have already flown a reliable 'jet' aircraft, and Whittle has already recieved funding ahead of schedule. So I don't see why an unflown, unreliable, testbed is creating so much fuzz.

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 7:00pm

Pulsejets are comparatively simple, but designing one straight up from nothing is a different matter. It took the Germans 5 years between 1935 and 1940 to build static test engines. Work was temporarily stopped due to problems in 1941 but more improvements were made by Schmidt with a view to increasing thrust at high speed. Argus had their own program which had test flights in 1941 and then a number of other aircraft.

Monday, January 19th 2009, 3:25am

Quoted

Quoted

Actually, I was thinking of something else.

Oh thats right, Atlantis is the boogyman of the week for SATSUMA, silly me! I'll have to stop sending Atlantean troops to SATSUMA soil....oh thats right I haven't!

Quoted

Quoted

Last time I checked SATSUMA had 2 nations with some of the largest populations in the world

Ah sure... and I suppose that everyone in those two nations are soldiers. If that were the case, then I won't argue about that and if not... well, I won't argue about that either.

Riddle me this Sarcasm man, if for example India has a population of 389,236,865 people (in 1922) and they mobilize 2% of their population, how large an army do they have? How about even just 1%?

Quoted

Quoted

Uhmmm...
*quickly edits post*
Atlantean Bombers? I don't know what you are talking about. Don't you mean Spaghetti bombers? :D

Heh I noticed that bravado too and then I thought its really not appropriate discussing someones wet dreams. :)

Quoted

Quoted

But what made us aggressive and paranoid? Exactly. The nations that formed SAER.
*runs away from angry mob from the SAER nations* :D

Ah yes poor inocent SATSUMA saw the formation of an alliance arrayed against their "fictional" actions. You guys really sell yourself short some days!

My guess is others in the region saw how SATSUMA handled France and Indochina and saw the writing on the wall. You may grant independance to your former colony's but if they don't join SATSUMA they can simply swap masters. Case in point, Indochina's claim on the Paracels. India and the rest of SATSUMA was willing to recognise Indochina's independance so long as they agreed to follow SATSUMA's opinion. The minute Indochina laid claim to the Paracels they became a French puppet again.

I can only emagine similar events occuring with other alliance's, not to mention offers similar to the Karachi agreement. Territory for peace!

Monday, January 19th 2009, 4:55am

Quoted

Pulsejets are comparatively simple, but designing one straight up from nothing is a different matter. It took the Germans 5 years between 1935 and 1940 to build static test engines. Work was temporarily stopped due to problems in 1941 but more improvements were made by Schmidt with a view to increasing thrust at high speed. Argus had their own program which had test flights in 1941 and then a number of other aircraft.

Very true. However, unlike the OTL Germans, the Mexican pulsejet program has the full support of the Government and alot more cash.That said I am aiming for a reliable 400lb thrust pulsejet by 1939, of course the Germans will have true jet engines with twice as much thrust by then.