You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, January 17th 2009, 8:10pm

Where's Hooman???

I haven't seen Hoo post since December 13th. Has anyone heard from him?

Saturday, January 17th 2009, 9:12pm

I emailed him last week but haven't heard from him unfortunately. A quick search on the web doesn't pull up any news stories about him, though it did give me a picture and basketball results...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Red Admiral" (Jan 17th 2009, 9:23pm)

Tuesday, January 20th 2009, 11:28am

I've not heard anything from him since before Christmas. I'm sure he's just snowed under at work.

If he doesn't reappear I might move ahead and post further war stories. I'm sure you all want to know how it ends and there are some more naval battles to come yet!

Tuesday, January 20th 2009, 12:22pm

I think I have a snail-mail address, I'll drop him a postcard!!

Tuesday, January 27th 2009, 2:43pm

I have e-mailed Testpilot to see if he knows why Hooman is presently absent.

Tuesday, January 27th 2009, 5:15pm

I've also e-mailed him as well without a reply. I'm sure things are fine however.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Tuesday, January 27th 2009, 11:18pm

The Irish Snail

Haven´t got your snail yet. She either was too fast for our local mail service to catch and deliver - wouldn´t surprise me at all - or she missed the ferry leaving Ireland. Dunno. Will wait a wee bit longer...

Thanks to everybody worrying if I´m okay. I am, actually. The automotive industry where I ran my business in during the past 20 month encountered some troubles as you may have read in the newspapers. Even thought German producers are less affected this meant budget cuts and the like with the inevitable result for me that I was without a job just before christmas. Now, with a pregnant wife at home such situation offered not much long term perspective. So I used my connections and am now back at work with a new project for an old customer of mine - Airbus in Hamburg. However, this also means a lot to do as I have to run through a steep ramp-up in the A380 programm for which I never worked before.

So...This left me with little time to actively participate during the week while on weekends she-who-must-be-obeyed and that little "alien" inside her consumes most of my time and thinking otherwise.

Anyway, I thought I better let you know I´m fine and all is well. Sorry for not answering any emails and the like and thanks again for taking care.

If possible I will try to be more frequently around again. Some interesting designs have been posted I probably have to comment on and I really like what´s happening in the news, especially that Irish plot caught my attention.

Cheers,

HoOmAn

Tuesday, January 27th 2009, 11:28pm

There he is! Welcome back, and glad you got gainfully employed again! (And congratulations on the little fella coming up soon!)

Quoted

I really like what´s happening in the news, especially that Irish plot caught my attention.

Thanks! Credit CG with the idea, by the way!

Wednesday, January 28th 2009, 12:49am

Best Dr. Frankenstein Voice....

[SIZE=4]IT'S ALIVE!!!!![/SIZE]

Glad to see everything is ok!!

P.S. Misplaced the snail-mail address, poor snail must be knackered crawling around Germany looking for you.
Be so kind as to put out a lettuce leaf for it, so as to intice it in the right direction!!

Wednesday, January 28th 2009, 1:24am

A bun in the oven did you say?

Congrats on the little "Mini-Hooman" on the way!! Glad to hear your employed again, you'll need it for all the evil stuff "Mini-Hooman" will need for his future world domination plans.

Wednesday, January 28th 2009, 7:19am

Congratulations!!!

Wonderful news!

Your first? If so, a bit of advice. Get sleep now! As much as you possibly can! Once the baby arrives, NOBODY sleeps unless the baby sleeps too! I was lucky. Both of mine (now 15 and 12) started sleeping 4-6 hours at a time by four months.

Oh, and raising children is only the most satisfying thing you will ever do.

:)

Wednesday, January 28th 2009, 9:24am

Its good to hear you're ok Stephan. Congratulations on both getting married and the baby.

Wednesday, January 28th 2009, 9:29am

Great to hear your ok, congrats on the baby!

Wednesday, January 28th 2009, 10:15am

Congratulations!!!

It's good to hear, you are okay !!!!

[SIZE=4]:baby:[/SIZE] [SIZE=4]:baby:[/SIZE] [SIZE=4]:baby:[/SIZE] [SIZE=4]:baby:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]:baby:[/SIZE] [SIZE=4]:baby:[/SIZE] [SIZE=4]:baby:[/SIZE] [SIZE=4]:baby:[/SIZE]

You did a great job !!!!!!! ;)

HoOmAn

Wednesday, January 28th 2009, 10:29pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Red Admiral
Its good to hear you're ok Stephan. Congratulations on both getting married and the baby.

F***! I´m married ? How could this happen and nobody told me?!?!?!

Erhm.....We are not yet married even thought there ARE plans. But one (baby) step after the other. She-who-must-be-obayed has very detailed plans what her gown should look like - and that does NOT include a large round belly... ;o)

HoOmAn

Wednesday, January 28th 2009, 10:32pm

RE: A bun in the oven did you say?

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
Congrats on the little "Mini-Hooman" on the way!! Glad to hear your employed again, you'll need it for all the evil stuff "Mini-Hooman" will need for his future world domination plans.

It actually will be a "Mini-Hoomanine" so we were told and it´s a bit early for congratulations. Date of birth is calculated for June - so we managed the early and most difficult stages (for the baby) but still have to face the most troublesome (for the mom).....

Btw, has anybody in here experience where to find fresh strawberries in winter?

HoOmAn

Wednesday, January 28th 2009, 10:37pm

To help the snail

"puts out a lettuce leaf in front of the door*

Wednesday, January 28th 2009, 10:38pm

Congrats on all the good news.

As for fresh Strawbs, they are grown in places like Kenya all year round, so a supermarket somewhere near you must stock them.

Wednesday, January 28th 2009, 10:47pm

I just heard yesterday that my college roommate and his wife just had their first little tyke arrive on Saturday. From what they said, it was kinda a panicky c-section since Little Stu's heart rate was dropping and they didn't think he'd survive. But out he came and the problem was taken care of, so they got to go home last night. *Whew*

Wednesday, January 28th 2009, 10:52pm

RE: A bun in the oven did you say?

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin

It actually will be a "Mini-Hoomanine" so we were told and it´s a bit early for congratulations. Date of birth is calculated for June - so we managed the early and most difficult stages (for the baby) but still have to face the most troublesome (for the mom).....

Btw, has anybody in here experience where to find fresh strawberries in winter?

Id offer to ship ya some, but I dont think they would be very fresh by the time they got there...