You are not logged in.

Saturday, December 13th 2008, 11:15pm

Anyone playing Supremacy 1914?

see title

Saturday, December 13th 2008, 11:40pm

Hmm, never heard of that game. I am however heavily into Call of Duty: World at war at the moment. Fully leveled up pondering wether or not to hit the prestige level. I'm quite fond of the weapons I've unlocked!

Saturday, December 13th 2008, 11:50pm

Not the quite the same thing S14 is more of an advanced online RISK

Saturday, December 13th 2008, 11:57pm

I'm rather digging Red Orchestra at the moment, as well as its recent addon, Mare Nostrum.

Sunday, December 14th 2008, 12:49am

Hmm I'll have to get into Red Orchestra again then I suppose, I can't see CoD5 being as realistic as RO any time soon. There are very few tank maps and its mostly run and gun like Cod4. Man I miss the orriginal COD, it had some really good mods and custom maps out there. I only hope 5 reaches the same level of popularity.

Anyone here play counterstrike? Did for a bit (quite alot when it first came out) but it seems to attract all the riff raff.

Sunday, December 14th 2008, 12:56am

Red Orchestra is perhaps one of the best shooter games for weapons realism that I've run into. I understand that one of the developers is quite a collector, and when they started modeling the guns, he brought his in so they had the actual examples on hand. I love the fact that you actually have to bring up the iron sights to stand half a chance of hitting something, just like it'd be in real life.

Mare Nostrum is kinda fun too - it's the Africa campaign. The poor British tanks... erg. The 40mm guns are just door-knockers versus a Tiger.

As to Counterstrike, I never really liked it. It doesn't help that it's so closely connected to Half-Life, which without fail manages to make me seasick. (For the same reason, I never go to movie theatres.)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Brockpaine" (Dec 14th 2008, 1:47am)

Sunday, December 14th 2008, 3:25am

So shooters are the preferred games here?

Sunday, December 14th 2008, 4:14am

At least for me, yup. I've never found a good naval game, though back in the early 1990s, "Wolfpack" was a lot of fun for me. (Oh, how I loved depth-charging the pants off those U-boaters...)

Sunday, December 14th 2008, 5:58am

I prefer RPGs myself. Risk, Axis & Allies, Civ II, Age of Empires, Command and Conquer...

Haven't hear of Supremacy 1914, will check it out.

Sunday, December 14th 2008, 6:11am

Hm. The one I enjoyed - even if it took forever to play - was the board game Rise and Fall of the Third Reich.

Although we had two flukes on different occasions. The first time, I played Russia, and through idiocy and inexperience, got beaten by Italy. As in invaded and conquered. :rolleyes:

The second time I played, I played Britain and Poland. Through another player's stupendously bad luck and my own equally amazing good luck, my Poles wiped out eighteen German divisions and came one hex away from conquering Berlin! Completely unrepeatable performances all around.

Sunday, December 14th 2008, 10:50am

Quoted

my Poles wiped out eighteen German divisions and came one hex away from conquering Berlin! Completely unrepeatable performances all around.

Make for a great AH newspaper front page, a photo of 7TPs with the Brandenburg Gate in the backround. POLES TAKE BERLIN!

Cheers,

Sunday, December 14th 2008, 11:57am

Well I play Starcraft Counter-Strike and Duke Nukem 3D.
I'm also in to flight simulators. Flanker 2.5 and Il2 Sturmovik.
As for a good naval game I play "Fighting Steel".
I'm looking forward to "Distant Guns"

And never forget Sid Mayer's "Civilization". no number

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Marek Gutkowski" (Dec 14th 2008, 11:58am)

Sunday, December 14th 2008, 8:00pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
At least for me, yup. I've never found a good naval game, though back in the early 1990s, "Wolfpack" was a lot of fun for me. (Oh, how I loved depth-charging the pants off those U-boaters...)

Battlestations Midway on the 360 is a fun game, and the Naval Ops series on the PS2 is great

Sunday, December 14th 2008, 8:19pm

I prefer shooters myself, I've found the newer RTS games are too futuristic and too limiting for my taste. Command and Conquor Red Alert was my favorite because you could build stuff till the cows came home and fight realistic armour battles, with the right maps anyway. The Tesla tanks were abit too futuristic but none the less VERY cool.

The new Call of Duty has modeled the weapons very well and there are so many challenges, perks and weapons to unlock it makes it an interesting challenge to complete and hey they even attempted to compete with some of the zombie games out there with a Nazi-Zombie mod.

Still not enough maps and realism servers (too many super rank run and gun servers) but the games just come out so I'm crossing my fingers that it will be as good as the first CoD at its peak.

...and when the hell is the new Starcraft coming out?!!

Sunday, December 14th 2008, 8:42pm

Never played Call of Duty, but back in college we played a lot of Medal of Honor.

One of the guys in my dorm challenged me to a MOH match over the LAN. Little did I suspect that he had tricked his server out with some serious cheats, so that his Thompson had auto-aim, infinite ammo, one-shot-kill bullets, a sniper scope, and perfect accuracy; not only that, it highlighted enemies (me) and stuck a glowy thing in the air so he knew where I was. I had no cheats and used the plain-jane German rifle...

...and I beat him ten rounds out of eleven. :D Three of those times I never even saw him - I heard him around a corner and bounced a potato masher around after him. He never did figure out how to get me. Only time he killed me was when I got bored with the slaughter and stood in the middle of the street to wait for him. :rolleyes:

Afterwards, I went over to gloat. Verily, I did gloat, and it was horrid of me.

Sunday, December 14th 2008, 9:29pm

Me, im more into HOI type games, and am currently playing a game as England from 1066 to 1963, using CK, EU2, Victoria, and HOI.

Of course I also play WoW too.

Sunday, December 14th 2008, 9:44pm

Quoted

Originally posted by TheCanadian
Me, im more into HOI type games, and am currently playing a game as England from 1066 to 1963, using CK, EU2, Victoria, and HOI.

Ah the classic mega campaign! I have done a couple of CK-EU2-Vic-HoI2 campaigns but I prefer Vic:R

Sunday, December 14th 2008, 9:45pm

Quoted

Originally posted by TheCanadian

Leeeeeeroooooy Jeeennnkins! :D

Sunday, December 14th 2008, 10:19pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
Never played Call of Duty, but back in college we played a lot of Medal of Honor.

One of the guys in my dorm challenged me to a MOH match over the LAN. Little did I suspect that he had tricked his server out with some serious cheats, so that his Thompson had auto-aim, infinite ammo, one-shot-kill bullets, a sniper scope, and perfect accuracy; not only that, it highlighted enemies (me) and stuck a glowy thing in the air so he knew where I was. I had no cheats and used the plain-jane German rifle...

...and I beat him ten rounds out of eleven. :D Three of those times I never even saw him - I heard him around a corner and bounced a potato masher around after him. He never did figure out how to get me. Only time he killed me was when I got bored with the slaughter and stood in the middle of the street to wait for him. :rolleyes:

Afterwards, I went over to gloat. Verily, I did gloat, and it was horrid of me.

I know the cheat your talking about! A clan mate of mine decided to one day test the cheat out to see if there were any ways to defeat it. Damn nasty thing it was, as soon as you poked your head out, the player with the cheat simply wheeled around in your dirrection and unloaded till you were dead. If you camped in a spawn area it was simply unbearable.

I was in a Moh clan breifly till my computer just couldn't hack it any more. I also worked odd hours so I couldn't make many clan matches. Our team had some players that were very good individually but we never quite had the chemistry to be an exceptional team. Plus like most clans there was some Clicks, which eventually led to some serious infighting and there was a cleaning of house.

The old dogs had already left and some of the new players got along with one of the elders who had a serious chip on his shoulder and they basically highjacked the clan. I just had enough at that point and said adios. Wasn't worth the drama.

Moh was good in its hayday too, lots of good maps but the damn mod to add tanks was simply horrible. In Cod there was a mod that added several different types of tanks, jeeps and halftracks in a series of custom maps. Very fun driving a KV-1 and running into a Styer 1500 fully loaded with troops!