You are not logged in.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Tuesday, December 16th 2008, 2:34am

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine

Here in WW, Bulgaria got 24 from Avia in 1935-36, and is assembling more at the DAR/Avia plant starting 1936 (running initially around 24 machines per year, possibly as high as 36, I decided). I know the Czechs also have some flying examples - one of the Czech B-135s ran in the 1936 Talons over Cordoba Contest. The Dutch also might have some, too, as Fokker was apparently closely related with the WW development.

I don't know what's going to follow the B-135 as our own timeline snuffed Avia out of the design business; I expect there will be an eventual B-135 upgrade.

I may have already done the upgrade at somepoint merely by putting a later 12Y engine in it. The HS-12Y-51 (?) was entering service just about when France was invaded, but had about 25% more hp. Only can use excel at work, optimally after hours, so not going to tinker.

As for motorcanons, the version listed in the Dutch encyclopedia has one, as it's just a copy of the plan listed in the Wiki article. Which reminds me of an entirely different post I keep meaning to make.

I do know from the D.XIX that upgrading to the HS 12Z-17 can be an issue as the 500lbs of additional engine make an impact on light frames. Still it might be a groundwork for later marks.

As for announcing such things, Bulgaria's free to run with the design. Other than the very modest storyline continuity with Fokker and making sure Avia remains available to all, I try to be hands off and let it just be Czech.