You are not logged in.

Thursday, October 30th 2008, 11:46am

Junkers (and the German government) have no issue with supplying Jumo-210E or -211D engines for use on these aircraft.

howard

Unregistered

Thursday, October 30th 2008, 12:00pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hrolf Hakonson
Junkers (and the German government) have no issue with supplying Jumo-210E or -211D engines for use on these aircraft.

Would Junkers consent to El Konk manufacturing a licensed version?

H

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "howard" (Oct 30th 2008, 12:01pm)

Sunday, November 2nd 2008, 11:24am

Depends mostly on how many Peru needs. Junkers Motoren's already setting up an agreement to produce the Jumo-211 in Iberia for Iberia's Fw-187s and He-112s, but I don't know that Peru has enough Jumo's on order to need full production rights. Spare parts, sure.

howard

Unregistered

Sunday, November 2nd 2008, 12:55pm

We went through this mathematically, HH. There is a need for at least 1000 engines as the British and German aircraft Peru buys will use this engine up in that quantity just to train up. That is quite a production run.

Engines can be rebuilt but eventually they burn out, that is why the RfT included that huge initial spares order.

H.

Sunday, November 2nd 2008, 12:57pm

Actually, that was for Siam, which eventually went British for the bombers. Peru has an even more eclectic mix of aircraft, and doesn't have any Fw-187s that I recall.

howard

Unregistered

Sunday, November 2nd 2008, 1:05pm

Quoted

Actually, that was for Siam, which eventually went British for the bombers. Peru has an even more eclectic mix of aircraft, and doesn't have any Fw-187s that I recall.

Peru Pattern

58 Beauforts ordered with German engines.
58 Herefords ordered with German engines.
32 Ju-88s ordered in training squadron evaluation strength with German engines
12 SAE seaplanes ordered will get German engines

Not hard to figure out.

I would like to license the engines for production, please.

H.

Sunday, November 2nd 2008, 10:30pm

Once those other manufacturers have confirmed that they're fine with re-engining (a set of projects that Peru will, I'm certain, get to pay for), Junkers Motoren will be willing to discuss a production license.

howard

Unregistered

Sunday, November 2nd 2008, 10:52pm

Quoted

Once those other manufacturers have confirmed that they're fine with re-engining (a set of projects that Peru will, I'm certain, get to pay for), Junkers Motoren will be willing to discuss a production license.

Hood already cleared he's fine with Peru pattern German engines for the Beauforts and the Herefords with me by PM, but HoOmAn hasn't let me know yet. As delivered they would all be refit anyway with a standard engine. The question is whose?

H.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Sunday, November 2nd 2008, 11:45pm

Couldn´t answer your PM for whatever reason. The system just did not allow me to. I tried again so you may now have an answer.

howard

Unregistered

Monday, November 3rd 2008, 12:21am

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn
Couldn´t answer your PM for whatever reason. The system just did not allow me to. I tried again so you may now have an answer.

I sent you a PM.