You are not logged in.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Wednesday, October 1st 2008, 5:10pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10

What's next? The trading port of Dejima???

Naw that's artificial and so was never inhabited by a native Kingdom for the Dutch to ally to. Of course the reason the Dutch were allowed there was it wasn't considered part of Japan proper... but it was Japanese territory.

The Dutch have also generally thought it diplomatic not to point out they were established on Taiwan prior to the Chinese invading, sieging Fort Zeelandia to submission and conquering the native Formosans.

As for wine or cheese, to me at least the Belgians are more associated with smelly cheeses and a style of beer that I don't like. Of course, I'm a little further from Belgium than Roo.

On the league issue and NPCs, it's shakey ground barging into somebody else's storyline. Afgahnistan is a member of the LON, if Peredor is in the middle of writing stories for it, it's a bit rude to suddenly assume command of the Afgahn govt and have them go to the league. So I wrote a couple of news points from the Dutch perspective noting the Indians were violating the laws of war and the Afgahns could bring it to the league if they wished.

Wednesday, October 1st 2008, 5:36pm

Dang! Not the reply I was hoping for. I wanted it to be so that I could say "Sorry, the trading port is no longer there... and the island of Dejima is gone, too." :D

Now is part of Japan proper.

Actually I associate the Dutch with beer and cheese, the French with wine and smelly cheese, the Belgians with beer and fries, the English with fish 'n chips and ale, and the Germans with beer and bratwurst... but that is just me... :D

Friday, October 3rd 2008, 4:54pm

So what has been decided?

Friday, October 3rd 2008, 4:58pm

No foreign troops were in Bolivia at the time of the earthquake, and therefore there was no saber-rattling between Japan, Persia, Peru, Chile, Atlantis, Canada, and anyone and everyone else who participated.

Friday, October 3rd 2008, 5:01pm

Ah, Ok

howard

Unregistered

Thursday, October 9th 2008, 7:14am

Summary of disaster results 80+days

1. More than 40,000 dead confirmed so far. Numbers expected to increase.
2. More than 170,000 are homeless (down 20,0000 without shelter, food or water. These numbers are expected to decrease as the EdP shelter and infrastructure program expands.
3. The town of Aiquile, population 700 is 10% reconstructed,. EdP occupied.
4. The town of Cochinbambas, population 7,000 is 15% reconstructed, and reconstituted. EdP occupied.
5. The Town of Sucre, population 39,000 is undamaged. It is under Chilean Ministry of the Interior de facto administration and martial law. Bandit activity is aqlmost eradiicated. Esercito de Peru units committed along with Gardia Civil police maintain order.
5. La Paz, population 257,000 as of now, with more refugees flooding in is undamaged. With the collapse of local government, Peruvian Gardia Civil units have established a police presence and local governance is by means of "Bolivian People's Communes" with Peruvian civil affairs officials acting as advisers and liaisons between the communes and the current Peruvian relief effort. The Peruvian State of Puno administers the region under a Bolivian People's Provisional Council's state of emergency decree establishing a cordon sanitaire.
6. Cholera and dysentery have claimed 37,000+ lives to date, mostly children as LoN combat troops continue to clog up the logistics lines of supply needed for construction equipment, food and medicine.
7. The railroad reconstruction effort is 43% complete. The shortage of of railroad construction crews has led to the extraordinary Peruvian expedient of organizing convicted criminals in Peru's prisons into railroad work gangs, and offering prisoners pardons and commutations of sentence, based on the risks they are willing to take and the effort they exert to restore Bolivian railroads. Under the "Mileage for Years" program-sentences are reduced per the amount of track each work gang lays. The program is extraordinarily successful as costly. More than 1000 convicted murderers and thieves gave their lives to date in the effort.
8. The Lake Titicaca to La Paz aqueduct continues (60% complete). This project again uses the "Freedom" program with condemned prisoners as labor gangs. This project is unusual, as it is here where most of the combat troops which the LoN (Japanese specifically) sent, are being used to guard the work crews. Lack of machinery, means manpower intensive methods with corresponding high loss of life (2000+ dead so far). This is where Bolivian bandiitos captured by the EdP and GCdP wind up after conviction by Bolivian Peoples' Commune Courts.
9. A similar project called "Skybridge" is 100% complete. In this case the LoN forces under Task Group West command supervises more forced labor gangs as they construct the Huarina Flying Boat Marine de Guerre de Peru Naval Airbase as a receiving point for aerial supplies for the La Paz Medical Exclusion Zone.
10 Those labor units now construct the aerodrome at Cochinbambas under direction of Thai RTAA assistance teams.

howard

Unregistered

Monday, October 20th 2008, 2:17pm

Emergency request for helicopters.

Peru's ambassador to the LoN asks fellow league members for the loan of three helicopters and search and rescue crews for the rescue of Colonel Everet Mendoza and his railroad crew trapped in a box canyon cut off by rockslides West of Sucre.

Chinese Air Force personnel have established a procedure whereby they can parachute supplies to the 600 trapped men, but it is impossible for the men to climb out and the CAF transports cannot land into the canyon to fly them out.

Monday, October 20th 2008, 5:01pm

Helicopters? Who has those?

Monday, October 20th 2008, 5:06pm

Germany has a couple of LITTLE ones (the Fw-61 and the Fl-265), but other than that.....

Monday, October 20th 2008, 5:13pm

I think that all helicopters that were/are around at this time are like that, Hrolf. (at least the amount of cargo it can carry is little)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rooijen10" (Oct 20th 2008, 5:14pm)

Tuesday, October 21st 2008, 4:14am

How far west of Sucre is this group, and what's the date on this request?

howard

Unregistered

Tuesday, October 21st 2008, 10:11am

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
How far west of Sucre is this group, and what's the date on this request?

http://campus.udayton.edu/mary//resource…p%20bolivia.jpg

At the headwaters of the Pilcomayo within spitting distance. Road survey and repair party. About 120 days into the earthquake. Puts it around late December early January. That is heading into the hot season for Bolivia. Seasons are opposite in the southern hemisphere to what the northern hemisphere experiences..

H.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "howard" (Oct 21st 2008, 10:15am)

Tuesday, October 21st 2008, 8:33pm

If it's in spitting distance of Sucre, the Chilean Army engineers in Sucre would be willing to send a llama train with climbing gear to pull them out.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Brockpaine" (Oct 21st 2008, 8:34pm)

howard

Unregistered

Tuesday, October 21st 2008, 8:57pm

PM on the way.