You are not logged in.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Sunday, March 14th 2004, 11:29am

Quoted

Originally posted by LordArpad
folks, we have had this discussion before IIRC - historically 10% cheating went totally unnoticed, and we agreed on 5. When I actually started building her I will post her official dimensions.

Actually I am cheating more on the AKs ...

The additional weight is a bit more than 10% using the springstyle machinery weight. I seem to remember that we had agreed on that as a rough figure - and let's not forget that the cruising diesels on her only develop 5300 hp - they ain't that heavy.

Not a problem - I knew we agreed on something but I couldn´t remember and this was a nice situation to ask again. :o)

Sunday, March 14th 2004, 12:39pm

raiding CL

Hi Psi

well, yours is a CA and very well aroured, so yes she would presnt a bit of an argument to Avoca - unless she happened to bump into one of her torps!

she could also outrun your ship.

and she isn't a raider - the Armada is in the sea control business! but for the kind of oceanic commitments Iberia has it has been determined that long range would come in handy...

Sunday, March 14th 2004, 4:17pm

Psilander

For trade protection I have I have my Gripsholm-class, heavy enough to keep the light cruisers away, small enough to be cheap to biold lots of.

http://www.geocities.com/kustflottan/kfl1914/gripsholm.htm

I get the impression that most of these CL designs are 10 years before their time, do you agree?

Sunday, March 14th 2004, 6:39pm

call it 5 - but it seems to be a general trend on wesworld alright

Sunday, March 14th 2004, 7:46pm

I dunno about that....I still lack cruisers with twin turrets.

Sunday, March 14th 2004, 8:08pm

Quoted

I still lack cruisers with twin turrets.

Then perhaps it is time for you to start building hose cruisers.

Walter

Sunday, March 14th 2004, 9:21pm

In reguards to wesworld yes...I have some on the way very soon, but in the matter of realism I beleave some have cruisers with twins in some numbers. Not a problem for Atlantis, I have plenty of slow and dated cruisers to replace but seeing as the matter of realism came up I thought I'd chime in with my own personal opinion.

Sunday, March 14th 2004, 9:29pm

My next light cruiser class may cause health problems to some players. They are a bit zany, but work. As for existing cruisers hmmm.. not good when your newest ship only has 130mm guns and no armour. Still this is better, though a bit too much superstructure i think.

Monday, March 15th 2004, 12:31am

you might want to post the specs as well ;-)

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Monday, March 15th 2004, 10:56am

Appearance

From its appearance I can´t help but think you got influenced by the british TOWNs or COLONYs...

However, the ship really looks good - for a 1935er cruiser that is - very balanced and with many rangefinders (redundancy is not a bad thing). I would lengthen the masts somewhat but it´s not really necessary.

I´m curious to see the specs as well and... Shouldn`t we start a new thread? This one really gets looooong and the content now posted has little to do with the original topic.

Regards,

HoOmAn