You are not logged in.

Friday, September 12th 2008, 1:57am

Quoted

On the TNCA C-10+, I've doubts about how you're going to fit a 1400-1600 pound engine into a plane that weighs only 3200 pounds without fuel and ammunition. The V-1720 sounds similar to the Allison V-1710, which weighed between 1400 and 1600 pounds, without turbocharger, depending on the version. Other planes with liquid-cooled engines of similar performance and size weighed a good deal more (the historical He-100 weighed 5500 pounds loaded, the Bf-109E weighed 4200 pounds unloaded and up to 5900 pounds loaded, the Spitfire IA weighed over 5,000 pounds unloaded, the Hurricane I weighed 4700 pounds unloaded, etc). The loaded weight will work for an unloaded weight for a lightweight aircraft, but it appears to be too light to work for a realistic light weight.

I have a tendency to understimate the weight of my planes. So yeah, the C-10 will be heavier than stated. I would say around 4,000lbs empty.

Friday, September 12th 2008, 8:22pm

Just two places left!

TWO single seat fighter slots.

I'd advise either two nations with just one aircraft for more variety.

This will give us a total of 48 pilots, 8 groups of six, one of which will be twin-engined fighters

howard

Unregistered

Friday, September 12th 2008, 8:34pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hood
Just two places left!

TWO single seat fighter slots.

I'd advise either two nations with just one aircraft for more variety.

This will give us a total of 48 pilots, 8 groups of six, one of which will be twin-engined fighters

Thailand will send one aircraft with one pilot. PM will follow later.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Saturday, September 13th 2008, 12:20am

Post our war it is unlikely the SAE would attend even thought it´ll be interesting to see the latest version of the F-6 in that contest.... But the Argies would cheat again most likely anyway. Like in 1934. So the RSAF stays out...

Saturday, September 13th 2008, 1:36am

Clearly you need to launch an rival event, "Eagles in Africa"?

Saturday, September 13th 2008, 2:38am

Canada would be willing to offer Toronto as a compromise neutral territory to host the event, should that be desirable.

Saturday, September 13th 2008, 1:54pm

I'm trying to keep Talons strictly non political from now on.

The 1934 event was used in the SA war buildup storyline but in hindsight it was a mistake I feel. Let this be the one annual event in WW that is free from politics. Let it be an airshow where the best pilots fly the best fighters.

Maybe WW needs a comparable bombing championship?

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Saturday, September 13th 2008, 5:35pm

Well, could you imagine a RSAF fighter ace and war hero that killed dozens of Argentinean pilots participate at an air race in Argentina - just a year post war?

Even if labeled "no politics" this would be odd, right?

Sunday, September 14th 2008, 1:28pm

Entries now closed

That's it folks, we are now full, no more flying entries please.

Seven groups of six single-engined fighters and one group of seven twin-engined fighters.

Sorry to all those who couldn't attend but the contest can only only be so big. In 1934 we had 34 entries, this year its 49! The biggest year yet!

Work now starts on the report...

Hoo, when I mean politics I mean everyone gets a fair chance, (even Iberia and Nordmark :D) only technical issues and faults and pilot error can wreck a player's chances and I try to make these as random as possible. As you say public opinion might be very against a SAE team, even Nordmark will get a few boos from the crowd every day.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hood" (Sep 14th 2008, 1:29pm)

howard

Unregistered

Monday, September 15th 2008, 1:36am

Quoted

Originally posted by Hood
I'm trying to keep Talons strictly non political from now on.

The 1934 event was used in the SA war buildup storyline but in hindsight it was a mistake I feel. Let this be the one annual event in WW that is free from politics. Let it be an airshow where the best pilots fly the best fighters.

Maybe WW needs a comparable bombing championship?

Maybe after the earthquake is over, Peru can start GREEN FLAG to promote inter SA and then later inter-global friendly air competition?

H.