You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, August 30th 2008, 6:18pm

Small problem

I can't post images any more. Tells me:

The following error(s) occurred:
* There are too many images in this post.

(Interesting, considering I only was trying to post one image...)

Saturday, August 30th 2008, 8:11pm

Clearly its the wrong one! :D

howard

Unregistered

Saturday, August 30th 2008, 8:14pm

RE: Small problem

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
I can't post images any more. Tells me:

The following error(s) occurred:
* There are too many images in this post.

(Interesting, considering I only was trying to post one image...)

You might have a pixel limit. Try to re-size the image or hotlink to a photo-server.

H.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "howard" (Aug 30th 2008, 8:14pm)

Saturday, August 30th 2008, 8:18pm

The board doesn't like some file types like pngs.

Saturday, August 30th 2008, 8:33pm

RE: Small problem

Quoted

Originally posted by howard
You might have a pixel limit. Try to re-size the image or hotlink to a photo-server.

I have my own web host. Almost 100% certain its not a problem with the images or with my host.

Quoted

Originally posted by Red Admiral
The board doesn't like some file types like pngs.

I've always been able to post pngs before. For that matter, I was merely copying link and code straight from an older post. A jpg trial with several different random images threw the same error.

howard

Unregistered

Saturday, August 30th 2008, 9:38pm

Change the format from png to GIF?

H.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Sunday, August 31st 2008, 12:36am

The total number of pictures allowed per post is limited. How many have you tried in a single post?

Sunday, August 31st 2008, 1:01am

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn
The total number of pictures allowed per post is limited. How many have you tried in a single post?

One. :P

Sunday, August 31st 2008, 3:26am

The problem appears to be that you're a member of the FAR user group. This group's settings apparently don't allow it to post images, whereas groups like SATSUMA do have that permission.

However, when I try to change the permissions for the FAR user group, I get a page full o' error messages - so I'm not sure how I can deal with this.

Other FAR members - what's your ability to post pics?

Sunday, August 31st 2008, 3:40am

Quoted

Originally posted by The Rock Doctor
The problem appears to be that you're a member of the FAR user group. This group's settings apparently don't allow it to post images, whereas groups like SATSUMA do have that permission.

...I just know somebody's gonna say something snarky about this.

Sunday, August 31st 2008, 4:06am

The conspiracy theorists will be all a-buzz.

I was thinking I'd remove you from the FAR group and then give you moderator status for the FAR private board, but that doesn't appear to be an option...

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Sunday, August 31st 2008, 4:48am

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine

Quoted

Originally posted by The Rock Doctor

...I just know somebody's gonna say something snarky about this.

Snarky? Hmm I will try...

Well you don't play France, Atlantis or Russia, so it's interesting, the question is..are you a mole FOR Ind..Satsuma, or a victim of?

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Sunday, August 31st 2008, 11:05am

The number of images allowed for FAR members is 10 like for all others too.

However, I must admit I also get an error message when trying to change that.

Guess it´s a case for Testpilot again. :o/

Sunday, August 31st 2008, 11:24am

I think I had that "There are too many images in this post" problem some time ago as well but IIRC it was something I did myself. Unfortunately I cannot remember what caused it and how I solved it... :(

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rooijen10" (Aug 31st 2008, 11:25am)

Sunday, August 31st 2008, 7:11pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
I think I had that "There are too many images in this post" problem some time ago as well but IIRC it was something I did myself. Unfortunately I cannot remember what caused it and how I solved it... :(

It does sound familiar...but I can't remember any specifics.

Monday, September 1st 2008, 4:34am

Aha! It's fixed now! Thanks!

Monday, September 1st 2008, 8:57am

Hmmm, must be because I went away for the weekend?