You are not logged in.

Sunday, October 4th 2009, 7:53am

Your memory serves you correctly.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_BM_59

Sunday, October 4th 2009, 8:02am

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad
Third?

Sig-Sauer has an SLR out in 7.5x55 GP11, and the Indians use the "Swiss IRF-36 S" which if memory serves, Perdedor told me was based off the German FG-42, albeit in 7x40mm. Why not use the rifle of your Indian ally, rather than developing yet another SLR?

Quoted

BTW it has nothing to do with any US weapon I just used the .276 Pedersen since its a well known intermediate caliber from this era

Then where's the picture from?

Sunday, October 4th 2009, 8:08am

Isnt the 7.5x55 GP11 SLR Bulgarian?

Sunday, October 4th 2009, 8:15am

Quoted

Isnt the 7.5x55 GP11 SLR Bulgarian?

Designed by a Sig-Sauer design team (with one Bulgarian participating) and producing the majority of rifles in Switzerland for Bulgarian purchase. The Lithuanians also got a few hundred trial copies, if memory serves. The Swiss also marketed it to Argentina, Romania, Turkey, and the UK, but so far there were no buyers. The Bulgarians dubbed it the "Radichkov Rifle" mainly to highlight their own participation, but it pretty much is a semiauto version of the K31.

Vuk, are you familiar with Forgottenweapons.com? Lots of historical SLRs to choose from.

Sunday, October 4th 2009, 8:27am

The reason I havent written the OTL gun is because of the usual WW "I have never heard of it but its mine and you cant use it" and thanks for the interesting link

Sunday, October 4th 2009, 8:33am

Quoted

The reason I havent written the OTL gun is because of the usual WW "I have never heard of it but its mine and you cant use it" and thanks for the interesting link

No problem.

Honestly, I'd suggest buying that "IRF-36 S" like India uses. It has a 7x40mm round (the one the Germans use in their latest Mausers) so I'm pretty sure it's decent enough for the time being, and as a SATSUMA member (at least for now), the design should be imminently available to you. You'll also have free Indian technical support available 24/7 from call centers based in... uh... ;) :P

Sunday, October 4th 2009, 11:57am

There are enough other magazine-fed rifles in WW that the 20-round magazine shouldn't be a technical problem (see the FAR Standard rifle, the Kar-37, the Italian self-loader, etc), just a problem of expense. Weight is perhaps a little on the low side, but not extremely so. Cartridges are OK.

Sunday, October 4th 2009, 6:43pm

The FAR Standard rifle always has a 10-round magazine except in the automatic rifle versions (which are rare and probably shan't be much more successful than the real-life AVT-40s).

I guess I'm fine with this rifle.

Monday, October 5th 2009, 7:52pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine

Quoted

No problem.

Honestly, I'd suggest buying that "IRF-36 S" like India uses. It has a 7x40mm round (the one the Germans use in their latest Mausers) so I'm pretty sure it's decent enough for the time being, and as a SATSUMA member (at least for now), the design should be imminently available to you. You'll also have free Indian technical support available 24/7 from call centers based in... uh... ;) :P

Its just one of the competing designs and I like the 8x35 just because its not used by every other country but I might have to change the designers since SIG and Neuhausen is the same company...