You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

howard

Unregistered

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 12:06pm

Planned Siamese Army acquisitions for 1937.

Infantry weapons.

Model 1934 Can grenade and Model 1933 Flare gun

ZH-29 rifle
Caliber: 7.92x57 mm Mauser, also 7x57 Mauser, .30-06 US, and others
Action: Gas operated, side-swinging bolt
Overall length: 1150 mm
Barrel length: 545 mm
Weight: 4.5 kg
Magazine capacity: 5, 10 or 25 rounds
Rate of fire: semi-automatic

ZK-383 machine carbine
Country of origin: Czechoslovakia/Siam
Cartridge: 9 mm Bergman
Type of operation: blowback
Type of fire: semi-/full-automatic
Length: 875 mm
Length of barrel: 325 mm
Weight of loaded gun: 4.830 kg
Weight of unloaded gun: 4.250 kg
Magazine capacity: 30 cartridges
Weight of loaded magazine: 0.580 kg
Number of lands and grooves: 6
Rate of fire: 500 and 700 rounds/min
App.muzzle velocity: 365 m/s

FP-31K
Country of origin: Czechoslovakia/Siam
Type of operation: blowback
Type of fire: semi-/full-automatic
Length: 850 mm
Length of barrel: 325 mm
Weight of loaded gun: 4.830 kg
Weight of unloaded gun: 4.250 kg
Magazine capacity: 30 cartridges
Weight of loaded magazine: 0.580 kg
Number of lands and grooves: 6
Rate of fire: 500 and 700 rounds/min
App.muzzle velocity: 400 m/s

ZB-30 light machine gun
Caliber: 7.92x57 mm Mauser
Weight: 8,9 kg
Length: 1168 mm
Length of barrel: 600 mm
Feeding: box magazine, 20 rounds
Rate of fire: 500 rounds/min

ZB-53 medium machine gun
Caliber 7.92x57 Mauser
Weight 19 kg gun + 17.5 tripod
Length 1096 mm
Barrel length 733 mm
Feed Belt, 100 or 200 rounds
Rate of fire Selectable, 500 or 700-800 rounds per minute
_

howard

Unregistered

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 12:07pm

Armor and artillery.

Skoda Siam License built Model 1937 Pullinger II CTM-3TBD
Crew three
Armament 20mm Madsen.auto-cannon as main gun in turret, 1x 8mm. Coaxial MG
Engine Hercules DRXBS diesel, 123 hp. Dimensions
Weight 20,800 lb.
Armour 15-25 mm
Speed 30 mph
Range 225 miles
Fording 3 feet
Trench crossing 5 feet
Vertical step 3 feet
Prime Mover:

Pullinger Model 1935 TBS45 Licensed by Skoda Siam

Skoda Siam Model 1937 Artillery Mover TL-4 6 ton track.
Artillery:

Skoda Siam Model 1937 FA-4 15 cm. Gun.

Skoda Siam Model 1937 AA-3 8 cm. Gun.
EW gear:

Skoda Siam Model 1935 RR-4

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "howard" (Aug 16th 2008, 8:56pm)

howard

Unregistered

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 12:16pm

Trucks:

Skoda Siam Model 1935 TT-5 2 ton truck

Skoda Siam Model 1937 TT-7 5 ton truck

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 12:45pm

I must admit my ignorance and ask what is the FP-31K? Do you have a link?

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 12:55pm

You're not the only one. Judging by the muzzle velocity listed, it's some form of an SMG (maybe chambered in 9mm Mauser export rather than 9mm Parabellum like the ZK-383), but the stock design looks rather more modern.

From the look of it, Siam is looking for a wholesale change to it's army equipment, from mostly Danish or surplus to Czech sourced gear.

howard

Unregistered

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 1:12pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hrolf Hakonson
You're not the only one. Judging by the muzzle velocity listed, it's some form of an SMG (maybe chambered in 9mm Mauser export rather than 9mm Parabellum like the ZK-383), but the stock design looks rather more modern.

From the look of it, Siam is looking for a wholesale change to it's army equipment, from mostly Danish or surplus to Czech sourced gear.

That is the Suomi with an actual Suomi stock and new pistol grip as modified by BRNO and Czech tested. It failed against the ZK-383. This version is the "modern" copy of it, manufactured by an outfit called BRP from recovered parts.

H.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "howard" (Aug 16th 2008, 1:12pm)

howard

Unregistered

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 1:18pm

And finally Siam gets a modern Benchley Mortar.

Modeled roughly on the Italian 81 mm model 1938......but ginned up for local and unique manufacture.

As it stands now, Siam will hamg on to its Marmon Herrringtons. The historic KNEI 3 man tank is an interim tank to replace some of the worn out Marmon Herrington tankettes which will be converted into weapon carriers.

The Skoda trucks will replace those PoJ Krupps, while the 15 cm and 8 cm Skoda guns will supplement but not replace the current Siamese artillery in service.

Most of this stuff falls under the heading of limited issue to RTA guards units during 1937, with gradual regular RTA re-equipment over the next three years. The replaced equipment will find its way to the territorial reserves-many, who still have antiques like American surplus trapdoor Springfield rifles.

Nothing wholesale, all gradual.

H.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "howard" (Aug 16th 2008, 1:33pm)

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 1:35pm

Quoted

Originally posted by howard

Quoted

That is the Suomi with an actual Suomi stock and new pistol grip as modified by BRNO and Czech tested. It failed against the ZK-383. This version is the "modern" copy of it, manufactured by an outfit called BRP from recovered parts.

H.

I havent heard of these SMGs before but according to their site this is the M.31 based "Heavy SMG"

While the one posted uses a mixture of Swedish M/45, Soumi M.31 and Soviet RPK parts

howard

Unregistered

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 1:36pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad

Quoted

Quoted

H.

I havent heard of these SMGs before but according to their site this is the M.31 based "Heavy SMG"

While the one posted uses a mixture of Swedish M/45, Soumi M.31 and Soviet RPK parts

That is more or less what I said when I said "modern". You cannot import machine guns into the United States or build new for private ownership any more. The parts have to be "used" as grandfathered under our current firearms law, imported separately, and assembled inside this country under strict control as a hand-built operation.

BRP used a hodgepodge of old sub machine gun parts to build that Suomi.

H.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "howard" (Aug 16th 2008, 1:44pm)

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 1:39pm

I must have misunderstood I thought that the weapon posted was an SMG tested against the ZK-383 OTL

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 3:36pm

The Marmon herrington arty tractor looks alot like the Atlantean Pullinger Light artillery tractor.

http://www.jk-clan.de/wbblite/thread.php?threadid=1309&sid=

howard

Unregistered

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 5:06pm

It should. The Dutch East Indies Purchase Mission ordered it for real in 1940 from my home town's firm of Marmon Herrington which was/is in Indianapolis, Indiana.

:P

The Atlanteans must have licensed the WW design from the Americans?

Shrug.

Coming soon to you from a Skoda Siam factory near you.

H.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "howard" (Aug 16th 2008, 5:11pm)

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 5:44pm

Quoted

The Marmon herrington arty tractor looks alot like the Atlantean Pullinger Light artillery tractor.

Marmon herrington artillery tractor...

Pullinger artillery tractor...

Nah. That's just your imagination, Wes. :D

Quoted

More likely 'borrowed' it like we often 'borrow' designs from other nations. :D

howard

Unregistered

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 7:44pm

Rocket propelled grenade.

This is a blast fragmentation grenade launcher and as such is an anti-personnel weapon designed to use in Siam's jungles where mortars are scarce. It is NOT an antitank weapon-nor is it intended to be in WW, as Siam lacks that technology, and would need to import it as soon as it is developed by somebody else..

H.

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 7:46pm

Quoted

It should. The Dutch East Indies Purchase Mission ordered it for real in 1940 from my home town's firm of Marmon Herrington which was/is in Indianapolis, Indiana.

Shrug.

H.

So now your deciding what is and isn't canon in WW?
Did you check to see who had what equipment?

howard

Unregistered

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 7:57pm

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin

Quoted

Shrug.

H.

So now your deciding what is and isn't canon in WW?
Did you check to see who had what equipment?

Uhm no........that wasn't the basis of the comment.

That was a joke. I am very aware that you use a lot of US technology and designs in your Atlantis equipment list. When I put this montage together I accredit the designs to their RTL sources as I find them. so that people know from where they come. Some of the Siamese designations may not match RTL serials, but the ultimate source is listed, unless I gin it from math up, as I did for the primitive bazooka If you want the Marmon Herrington tractor accredited to Atlantis as the Pullinger, I can change that Siam tag line to fit.

H.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "howard" (Aug 16th 2008, 7:58pm)

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 8:06pm

Using the same picture of a historical vehicle doesn't mean it is the same or that the stats are the same. With Italy you've even got things with the same name as historical but different stats.

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 8:08pm

That would be greatly appriciated, apology's for not catching the joke.

It worth noting that both China and the Netherlands do not use historical tank designs and to my knowledge none of the South American country's use Marmon Herrington designs either.

I am curious however, why not use Skoda or other Czech tank designs? They seem to be much more capable than the few Marmon Herrington designs.

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 8:12pm

I am bit curious about the logic behind the choice of both FP-31K and ZK-383 as they seem almost identical in performance

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 8:13pm

I don't have any idea at the moment what the Ejercito de Chile uses, but obviously they have SOME tanks. Probably older FT-17s from France or Atlantis.

Edit: Oh wait. Looks like: 16 AT-32 MK 3 light cruiser tanks and 5 HT-1 half tracks.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Brockpaine" (Aug 16th 2008, 8:17pm)