You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, January 8th 2004, 11:46pm

In retrospect...

With a year plus of sim-time now under your belts, I'm curious to know how you'd rate your chosen infrastructure. Did you buy too much ship-building or ship-repairing capability? Focus too much on certain sizes of building capacity? Get too many or too few factories for your size?

Right now, I'm quite happy with India's facilities. Most of my slipways are occupied, suggesting I didn't create too many. It also suggests that my factory capacity is adequate - though I wouldn't mind another one or two.

As for Germany, I have more construction capacity than I need - for now. However, I have time to build up my factory numbers to a level that will better support what I expect to be a busy few years of production in the early '30s. At that point, the slips will be more heavily used.

Thoughts?

Friday, January 9th 2004, 12:33am

Well looking at my ability to build new factory's, I kinda wished I had of bought more innitially in order to speed up new factory production, but still you can never have too many shipyards. I'm reasonably happy with what I have.

Friday, January 9th 2004, 7:00am

at the moment I think i have too much repair infrastructure and not enough small slips. I am quite happy with my factories. Altogether I like it.

Friday, January 9th 2004, 5:35pm

Quoted

Get too many or too few factories for your size?

You can never get too many factories. The more you have, the better it is!! If you cannot build ships, build infrastructure.

With the building program I currently have, my slips will become very busy in the next few years. Perhaps I should have gone for a couple more small slips, but still, I am quite satisfied with what I have at my disposal.

Walter

Tuesday, January 13th 2004, 6:55pm

Thinking of it now, there is one thing I'd change...

... but it is not infrastructure related.

Our choice of target when it comes to the Yemen Campaign. Next time we must make sure our target is actually in the country we want to attack and not in a neighboring nation. ^^;;

Walter

Wednesday, January 14th 2004, 4:45am

My intelligence agency was lacking in that case, for sure. But, fundamentally, it didn't affect the story greatly; I had a nasty little skirmish with a fifth-rate military power that had no strong connection to a major power.

Had I chosen to set the events on the island of Socotra, part of Britain's Aden protectorate, that would've been a problem.

And to correct you, yes, you can have too many factories. If everybody could build everything they wanted, it'd take the drama out of developing one's fleet. "Always leave 'em wantin' more", as the expression says.

Wednesday, January 14th 2004, 5:40am

Too many factory's? hell no!!