You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, August 1st 2008, 9:49pm

World Cup qualifiers

Should we play them? I think Asia's teams should be Japan, China, Siam, Chosen, Bharat, Persia, Philippines and the DEI. The results could be decided by the flip of a coin and storytelling. Should be 1938 rules, you lose one game and you go home. Sounds ok?

Friday, August 1st 2008, 9:59pm

What teams for the rest of the world? I'd be interested in the Irish sending a team.

Saturday, August 2nd 2008, 12:24am

Count Russia in!

Would be fun!

Saturday, August 2nd 2008, 12:38am

Goooooooaaaaaaaalllllll!!!!!!!!

Count Denmark and Iberia in as well!!

Saturday, August 2nd 2008, 1:06am

Atlantis could (should) send a team, Turkey as well.

howard

Unregistered

Saturday, August 2nd 2008, 5:02am

Siam is in a state of confusion, but will send a team. If Chile attends, then Peru will be there to show them how its done!

H.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Saturday, August 2nd 2008, 5:25am

The DEI champion this year is the Ambon team, having pummeled the Javan team. There was much rejoicing in the Moluccas :)

The Dutch are willing to sent the Ambon team to the World Cup, but I don't think they can because it's not the "National Team"- i.e. the one out of the Netherlands, merely a provincial champion. Alternately they could send the Aceh or Bali teams, as those are semi-autonomous.
Up to you all on the eligibility.

However in the larger world cup, the Kongo, Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg would all want in.

Saturday, August 2nd 2008, 5:45am

Canada doesn't care.

Wake us up when it's Hockey, eh?

Saturday, August 2nd 2008, 5:53am

Ireland: "Don't worry, Canada: you'd just lose anyway!" ;)

*Stays well away from the Canadian hockey players, because we're not that crazy.* :D

Kaiser Kirk

Saturday, August 2nd 2008, 5:55am

Quoted

Originally posted by ShinRa_Inc
Canada doesn't care.

Wake us up when it's Hockey, eh?

I have a feeling that the Kongo won't field a team for that sport- or the DEI...

Saturday, August 2nd 2008, 10:27am

Nordmark, Coldmere and Yugoslavia are all in!

Saturday, August 2nd 2008, 11:43am

I'll send the England team, the Welsh team and the Scottish team.

Three chances of winning! :D

Saturday, August 2nd 2008, 1:24pm

Saturday, August 2nd 2008, 3:26pm

Quoted

Originally posted by alt_naval

Thanks a heap, pal!!
I just spilt my coffe all over the sofa!!!

Sunday, August 3rd 2008, 4:35am

Quoted

I'll send the England team, the Welsh team and the Scottish team.

Three chances of winning!

Cheater!!! Then again I could have Mexico fall into "Civil War" AGAIN, and field say like 20 teams! :D

I don't know if Australia had a team then, but if they did, the Fighting Kangaroos will be in.

Sunday, August 3rd 2008, 1:23pm

Quoted

I don't know if Australia had a team then, but if they did, the Fighting Kangaroos will be in.

Australian Rules... what rules?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqVk9qvyeoM&feature=related

Cheers,

PS. CG - sorry about the sofa ; ) combined archery and football, I'd like to see that!

Sunday, August 3rd 2008, 1:31pm

With hockey, you can't run outta bounds.

Sunday, August 3rd 2008, 1:37pm

Greek pitch.

Cheers,

Kaiser Kirk

Sunday, August 3rd 2008, 6:44pm

So was the Greek pitch laid out by someone with too much wine, or is the idea you need to be so drunk it's level again?

Monday, August 4th 2008, 1:37am

I note that the World Cup would require sixteen teams to qualify. Are we merely announcing our interest, or should we decide who qualifies? Perdedor's original suggestion would give us eight teams from Asia... which is rather high, IMHO.

Suggest qualifications:
Europe: 5 teams.
Asia: 4 teams
The Americas: 4 teams
Africa and Australia: 3 teams

So far we have interest from:

Europe: Ireland, Turkey, Denmark, Iberia, Russia, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Nordmark, Coldmere, Yugoslavia, England/Wales/Scotland, Greece?. 15 so far.

Asia: (Perdedor's suggestions) Japan, China, Siam, Chosen, Bharat, Persia, Philippines and the DEI. 8 suggested.

The Americas: Peru. 1 interested.

Africa and Australia: Australia, Atlantis. 2 interested.