You are not logged in.

Wednesday, August 20th 2008, 2:13am

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad
What would you call cozying uo to Bulgars and Turks while planning to stab your ally Yugoslavia?

Realistic. The Balkan country's never really got along, unless they were kicking their Ottoman masters out of town.

I don't really see it as a 180 shift in policy, as Canadian said, Poland had a bout of insanity and Romania got caught up in the excitement and defended her ally. Once the cause of the conflict was discovered (crazy general) "apparent" shift occured.

Wednesday, August 20th 2008, 2:20am

And the Romanians would of course wonder: hey, we should be more alert for this stuff in case it happens again. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...

The Bulgarians are close to the Romanians and Turks because they talk to each other. Bulgaria has no idea what Greece is doing, and the Bulgarians hate the Serbs for oppression of ethnic Bulgarians.

Wednesday, August 20th 2008, 2:30am

Greece is the big kid on the block, they out number the Turkish fleet in some area's by 5-6:1, so they tend to catch the watchfull eyes of their neighbours.

Turkey has been less meddlesome in Balkan affairs as a result, no point in ticking off Greece.

Byzantium has also been a buffer zone, why tick off Atlantis too?

All this plus consistant relations with the Balkan nations has led to fairly decent relations between them and Turkey, works much better than sabre rattling!

Wednesday, August 20th 2008, 2:31am

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
And the Romanians would of course wonder: hey, we should be more alert for this stuff in case it happens again. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...

The Bulgarians are close to the Romanians and Turks because they talk to each other. Bulgaria has no idea what Greece is doing, and the Bulgarians hate the Serbs for oppression of ethnic Bulgarians.

And Romania was both OTL and WWTL a close ally of Yugoslavia/Serbia, Little Entente anyone? An interesting tidbit is that Serbia/Yugoslavia have never fought each other
compare that to the troubled relationship to Hungary (largely irrelevant in WW), Bulgaria and Turkey

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Vukovlad" (Aug 20th 2008, 2:33am)

Wednesday, August 20th 2008, 2:51am

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad
And Romania was both OTL and WWTL a close ally of Yugoslavia/Serbia, Little Entente anyone? An interesting tidbit is that Serbia/Yugoslavia have never fought each other
compare that to the troubled relationship to Hungary (largely irrelevant in WW), Bulgaria and Turkey

The relationship is different in WW than in OTL. Yugoslavia is weaker - Macedonia is entirely in Greek hands, for one thing. Bulgaria also dropped its territorial claims when the treaty ended.