You are not logged in.

Tuesday, November 4th 2008, 2:37pm

You might want to double-check with Kaiser Kirk about the B-135, as Fokker owns Avia, and I negotiated with him to get the Fokker/Avia investment in DAR.

(I think Bulgaria's the only player country building and using the B-135 at present, unless the Dutch use it too.)

howard

Unregistered

Wednesday, November 5th 2008, 2:16am

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
You might want to double-check with Kaiser Kirk about the B-135, as Fokker owns Avia, and I negotiated with him to get the Fokker/Avia investment in DAR.

(I think Bulgaria's the only player country building and using the B-135 at present, unless the Dutch use it too.)

Why do you guys force me to go all the way around the maypole just to get the chicken across the street?

Now instead of one engine, I have a lineup of engines that I have to tweak storyline as El Konk tries to learn how to build them!

Wednesday, November 5th 2008, 2:22am

Because it's gentlemanly to ask before using other people's stuff, usually.

howard

Unregistered

Wednesday, November 5th 2008, 3:13am

Quoted

Because it's gentlemanly to ask before using other people's stuff, usually.

I didn't know Avia was Kaiser's

Well it may be academic anyway. Walter Engines just about made everything I need pre-1939 to develop the old corncob.

Wednesday, November 5th 2008, 3:29am

Well now you know. [SIZE=1]And knowing is half the battle![/SIZE] :D

howard

Unregistered

Wednesday, November 5th 2008, 3:59am

Avia engine negotiations successfully concluded........

howard

Unregistered

Wednesday, November 5th 2008, 9:52am

RTNAF headquarters Phitsanulajk:

In a small office five tired angry men.

Admiiral Sprian barks at Phodun Hin: "You were supposed to negotiate the Junkers engine deal for El Konk!"

Hin barks back: "Junkers is in competition with Focke Wulfe for aircraft sales! You were lucky I obtained the Junkers 88's at all! What was that surprise with the British all about? Beauforts? What happened to de Havilland-Siam?"

Sprian growls "Britain made us an offer that we decided we wanted."

Chaza Ver: Here it comes, the Navy made a deal!"

Sprian: "Yes we did at the king's order! It gets complicated juggling you turkeys around."

Enrico Gomez, the Peruvian El Konk liaison: "Turkeys?"

Simmons shakes his head: "Look here........after pulling off Operation Thunderbolt the Germans weren't too happy with you clowns parading their seaplanes, captured weapons, and artillery in front of the world press. Never mind that de la Guardia stole it out of Peruvian stocks to arm Xielaung, or that Thai money paid for a lot of it on the black market. The world got the impression that Germany was somehow doing business with pirates and Chinese renegade warlords. They don't exactly love you in Berlin right now. Its going to tale a lot of love to get a license to build Jumos. Be happy that HEBCO was able to cut a deal with Walter Motors and Avia for a small engine factory here in Thailand."

Enrique Gomez: "That wasn't the deal. Peru would fund the aircraft engine development, only if it was in PERU."

Simmons: "Sorry about that. Seeing that Peru is a little busy right now with the Cochinbambas Earthquake. you'll have to settle for the Fiat technical mission and the Alpha Romeio D-2 licensed engine for yourselves until you get your own mess sorted out. Until then, the only El Konk with an engine line in its future is El Konk, Siam".

Phodun Hin: "We were lucky to get that much. Walter and Avia aren't actually seeing eye to eye in Czechoslovakia right now. Getting El Konk to be the go between them, is about the best thing we've done in this whole sorry mess."

Chaza Ver: "Now, admiral, just for what did we sell. ourselves to obtain Bristol Beauforts when we, YOU SAID, wanted an all Junkers buy?

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "howard" (Nov 7th 2008, 8:15pm)

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Thursday, November 6th 2008, 5:31am

Quoted

Howard did PM me.
When Fokker bought Avia, it's because I merely wanted a storyline reason for them to alter their construction techniques and capitalize on Avia's experience with metal. Since Avia historical built licensed versions of various engines, I've used that in storylines as an engine source well- currently Minerva and Avia have a joint venture engine plant in Belgium thats starting to produce engines while working on improvements of their own.

Avia is run as an independent subsidiary, it's Czech, which means it's open to all still.

Some of the NPCs should be using Avias, and I think some got picked up by other countries as well.

howard

Unregistered

Monday, November 10th 2008, 11:03pm

Wargames. EXERCISE RED SCORPION I.

TRNS News Report #207

Bangkok: His Majesty's government announces joint Thai-Peruvian military exercises to be conducted on the Central Plain Royal Thai Army Test Range near Phitsanulak.

AEGIS allies interested in participating in the joint exercises are invited to send participant units. Friendly nations are invited to send observers; but are requested to make arrangements through their embassies. The exercise area otherwise is CLOSED.^1

^1 Participants or observers will be informed of exercise results in the AEGIS forum, or by PM. General news releases will discuss some public results.

Howard

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "howard" (Nov 10th 2008, 11:31pm)

Monday, November 10th 2008, 11:08pm

Count the Danes and Iberians in.....
Can never have too much jungle training!!

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Tuesday, November 11th 2008, 8:37am

The Dutch will detail forces from DEI to participate.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kaiser Kirk" (Nov 11th 2008, 8:42am)

howard

Unregistered

Tuesday, November 11th 2008, 9:44pm

TRNS News Report 212:

Bangkok: Military units from the DEI, Iberia, and Denmark are expected to arrive in Thailand shortly. HMG has not explained or commented upon this sudden invited influx of other national troops within our borders, except to note that they are "invited". Rumors persist that a large Peruvian contingent is on its way as well. The SEP in the Assembly has demanded an explanation. Spokesman for the government, Phulla Lias, when asked had this comment: "They, the SEP, can go build runways. We have a lot of infrastructure to build in our poor country if they are THAT concerned about her future."