You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

howard

Unregistered

Thursday, July 24th 2008, 4:19pm

Projected Siam report 2Q1936

Siam
Developments 2Q36

A. Factories

2/2 factories = 2000t of material + 1118tons stockpiled=3118 tons- 1026 tons transferred out,-660 tons committed to new construction= 1446 tons available in stockpile+1000 tons foreign transferred into stockpile=2446 tons total available.

0/2 factories committed thus far, (subject to change)
2/2 factories flexible=2000 tons -660 tons already committed to new construction 1340 tons new tonnage unprogrammed, (subject to change)

B. Infrastructure Development

Pending naval and national defense needs review.

C. Naval Development and Construction

at Bangkok:
S1: PB-09 #1 receives 210t, 140t needed, completes 09 JUNE 36 [140 tons committed 2Q36 and launched-slip currently idle]
S0: PB-09 #2 receives 210t, 140t needed, completes 09 JUNE 36 [140 tons committed 2Q36 launched-slip currently idle]
S0: PB-09 #3 receives 210t, 140t needed, completes 09 JUNE 36 [140 tons committed 2Q36 launched-slip currently idle]
D2: [currently idle]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D1: MTB-11, MTB-12 & MTB-13 (09 JAN - 09 FEB)
1 week turn-around time (minimum listed for building a 200t ship in a Type 0)
D1: MTB-17, MTB-18 & MTB-19 (17 FEB - 17 MAR)
1 week turn-around time (minimum listed for building a 200t ship in a Type 0)
Receive a total of 270t, 0 needed; complete on dates indicated
D-1 is currently idle pending defense review.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
at Phuket:
D0: PB-09 #4 receives 210t, 140t needed, completes 09 JUNE 36 [140 tons committed 2Q36 and launched-slip currently idle]

Commercial shipyards:

One planned. Negotiations will begin with interested parties.

D. Transactions

842t to Denmark for 3 ships [526 tons to Denmark 2Q36 for two subs and one minesweeper]
500t to US for 3 Caldwell class destroyers (2nd payment 500 tons committed 2Q36)
1000t from China for Bangkok

New construction-to be announced in appended report.

E. Other Notes

Ships laid down this quarter: 0

Transfer 4 x CMS to the Kingdom of Siam
Transfer 12 x MAS 1000 to the Kingdom of Siam
Transfer 8 x Putten PC to the Kingdom of Siam

Defense Review summary.
1.Complete battle cruiser sale
2.Complete current naval purchases as scheduled.
3.Determine future of coast defense armor-clad [as it no longer fits Siamese tactical program?] and replace/supplement with new construction.
4.Revise current naval build program to reflect Siamese defensive needs.
5.Re-organize Siamese armed forces for unified national defense organization.
a. Reform and modernize army. [Foreign assistance required.]
b. Unify the air services and organize as unified naval air force. [Foreign assistance required.]
6.Create a General Staff. [Foreign assistance required]
7.Diplomatic initiatives to strengthen trade relations with neutrals and allies.

Sale of battle cruiser to Persia programmed. Currently to go ahead as negotiated.
Pending Defense Review-offer of sale of armor-clad projected possible 2Q36?

F. Scrappage Report

None.

G.
Order of battle RTN [to be updated and revised].

Battlecruisers 0(0)+0 (still awaiting sale)
Coast defense armor-clad 1(0)+0
Heavy cruisers 1(0)+0
Light cruisers 1(0)+0
Destroyers 4(0)+ 3
Torpedo boats 12(0)+0
MTB's 10(0)+12+12 in familiarization workups
Gunboats 6(0)+0+8 in familiarization workups
Patrol boats 8(0)+4
Minesweepers 0(0)+1+4 in familiarization workups
Royal yachts 1(0)+0

New construction-to be announced in appended 3Q36 report after defense review.

H.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Friday, July 25th 2008, 8:52am

The OOB is likely a little off.
In Q1, 1936 the Dutch transfered the following :

CMS are 200 ton wood minesweepers
MAS 1000 are 75 ton MTB
Putten patrol class are 75 ton wooden patrol craft

In Q2, the Dutch were completing the Narden of the Boerentange class to Siamese specifications Unfortunately I do not have the PMs anymore, so I do not know just what those were- or even the name he had ready.

I think mainly Siamese weapons for all but the main battery. Like the Boerentange, the Narden was modified on the ways via a partial reconstruction (50%) and came out at 8,400 light final vs 8,403 for Boerentange. As long as the final version matches that 8400, and fits under the partial reconstruction rules, we have a little flexibility.

howard

Unregistered

Friday, July 25th 2008, 3:37pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Kaiser Kirk
The OOB is likely a little off.
In Q1, 1936 the Dutch transfered the following :

CMS are 200 ton wood minesweepers
MAS 1000 are 75 ton MTB
Putten patrol class are 75 ton wooden patrol craft

In Q2, the Dutch were completing the Narden of the Boerentange class to Siamese specifications Unfortunately I do not have the PMs anymore, so I do not know just what those were- or even the name he had ready.

I think mainly Siamese weapons for all but the main battery. Like the Boerentange, the Narden was modified on the ways via a partial reconstruction (50%) and came out at 8,400 light final vs 8,403 for Boerentange. As long as the final version matches that 8400, and fits under the partial reconstruction rules, we have a little flexibility.

The Siamese military is in the middle of chaos at moment. [expect an attempted Putsch soon as a result of the Defense Review.] so the amended 2Q36 report will add the forces indicated.

The Narden will have to carry 100 mm secondaries as well as 37 mm AAA guns. if you can send me the Boerentange Springsharp I can see what it might look like-aprreciate that much!

On a related note, want to talk to you about AEGIS at your convenience.

H.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "howard" (Jul 25th 2008, 3:52pm)

Sunday, July 27th 2008, 7:00am

Quoted

3.Determine future of coast defense armor-clad [as it no longer fits Siamese tactical program?] and replace/supplement with new construction.
Are you thinking of selling off your remaining Armored Cruiser? If so, Mexico was interested in her. Also expect a PM, probably by tommorow, there are a few things I want to discuss about Siam.

Sunday, July 27th 2008, 8:55am

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
...there are a few things I want to discuss about Siam.

Don't get any nefarious idea's into his head!!