You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, August 24th 2008, 7:27am

Ruh roh...

Sunday, August 24th 2008, 7:23pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hrolf Hakonson
If General de la Chevalerie can recommend a field approximately 300m long, German air cooperation officers can be flown in to direct air operations.

Quoted

The closest air field capable of operating various military aircraft is the Vilnius City airfield, which due to damage - and ongoing Lithuanian efforts at repairs - in the civil war can just operate the equivalent of a Luftwaffe gruppe.

Sunday, August 24th 2008, 7:35pm

Almost might be a good idea to remember the Bulgarian Fw44 'Stieglitz', too.

Sunday, August 24th 2008, 9:39pm

Polish response to all of this is best described in the speech given by General Sikorski in the Sejm.

Friends, Poles, countrymen. Recent developments in the so called Wilno Republic have forced this government to take drastic measures. The recent outbreak of hostilities by the madman Mr. Letowska against the League of Nations troops, and his denouncement of the Stockholm Protocol, have forced us to realize that Mr. Letowska is not interested in a just and negotiated peace. Mr. Letowska seems bent on some scheme to dominate the Baltic region, and there are only three targets. Lithuania, Russia or ourselves. The first two are highly unprobable, the third could be much more likely, due to their being not much sympathy for Poland in the international community. Therefore, to protect our nation, the First Polish Army, composed of 5 infantry divisions, and one cavalry brigade, is too be dispatched to the Polish-Wilno border. Poland shall never again suffer foreign invaders on her soil, not even if those are soldiers whom we recently called comrades in arms!
We have also recently had a request by the Bulgarian government for a division to be sent through Polish territory to aid the League of Nations Task Force in Wilno. That request is of course granted.

Romanian Request:

Romania has watched all these events will growing alarm, especially considering the fact that their are Romanian citizens working in Wilno to help the people of Wilno in this time of need. We remind Mr. Letowska that Red Cross workers in war zones are considered neutral, and that should any harm befall them, Romania which has refrained from sending forces will be sending troops to protect our Romanian Red Cross so they can continue their humanitarian work without hostile forces shooting at them. While we applaud and thank the LoN troops protecting the hospital, they do have other responsibilities. Bulgaria's request is of course granted. As well, Romania will be sending canned food, supplies, and if the Bulgarians are willing, we would be interested in "lending" them some tanks, specifically 60 FT-17s, if they can find operators for them.

Sunday, August 24th 2008, 10:06pm

The Bulgarian government thanks the Romanian and Polish governments for their efforts to permit the passage of Bulgarian troops for the peacemaking mission.

As to the Romanian offer of tanks, that's probably unnecessary at this time, as Bulgaria has plenty of FT-17s of her own, and the first orders of Atlantean-made modern tanks... and not enough crews trained yet to keep all of them in the field at once. :P But Bulgaria profusely thanks Romania for the offer. Perhaps a more useful offer might be a force of supply trucks to keep the Bulgarian infantry division fed and in ammo.

*Loads up the troops and artillery and gets them heading north on numerous trains...*

Sunday, August 24th 2008, 10:49pm

Romania sends Bulgaria a note mentioning that anything in the Romanian arsenals that Bulgaia wants, she can have planes, tanks, artillery, Romanian "volunteers" serving in Bulgarian "new" units....... Especially if its going to the force defending the field hospital. Would an additional 20 Romanian/Bulgarian divisions be too much?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TheCanadian" (Aug 24th 2008, 10:51pm)

Sunday, August 24th 2008, 10:56pm

OOC: 20 divisions 8o What would that leave to defend Romania?

Sunday, August 24th 2008, 11:16pm

Who's going to attack her?

Sunday, August 24th 2008, 11:19pm

Hungary? Russia? Martians?

Sunday, August 24th 2008, 11:38pm

Quoted

Originally posted by TheCanadian
Romania sends Bulgaria a note mentioning that anything in the Romanian arsenals that Bulgaia wants, she can have planes, tanks, artillery, Romanian "volunteers" serving in Bulgarian "new" units....... Especially if its going to the force defending the field hospital. Would an additional 20 Romanian/Bulgarian divisions be too much?

Probably. :P I'm "only" sending a tenth of my army, after all. If Romania is looking to participate, then I expect supply troops would not be amiss... in fact they would be extremely helpful, more so than if Romania sent 20 infantry divisions.

After all, if the LoN force has no food and ammo...

Monday, August 25th 2008, 12:14am

Shrugs, well, Romania will be most upset if the medics they sent up to Wilno get hurt. Especially considering that Romania spent a lot of prestige earlier trying to get some sort of peace negotiations going, then Letowska wrecks it, and decides to kill the people we send up to help his people get better?

Romania would definately be annoyed about that. Enough to send troops independently to extract revenge? Most assuredly.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Monday, August 25th 2008, 1:34am

On hearing of Colonel Zhechev's report:

The Belgians pronounce that they have faith in Lieutenant-Général Raoul Daufresne de la Chevalerie to lead the League forces to Victory, and hope that General Orbay fares well.

The Dutch make the offer (as outlined in the LON forum) of additional support troops & aircraft (considering so many combat troops are coming) as well as the possible air transport of a Marine Regiment should
Daufresne de la Chevalerie indicate more troops are needed now then all thats needed is a level field and radio coordinates and the first rifle battalion will arrive later that day.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Kaiser Kirk" (Aug 25th 2008, 1:36am)

Monday, August 25th 2008, 1:40am

Ah yes... if only I had glider infantry or paratroops!

Hm. Zeppelin infantry?

Monday, August 25th 2008, 1:40am

You've given me a very bad idea!

Monday, August 25th 2008, 2:05am

I'm surprised ShinRa hasn't instituted the Imperial Canadian Blimpfantry Regiment, actually.

*Totally invents the word Blimpfantry.*

Monday, August 25th 2008, 2:20am

Oh great, now I have to pay royalty's if I create them!

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Monday, August 25th 2008, 2:33am

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
I'm surprised ShinRa hasn't instituted the Imperial Canadian Blimpfantry Regiment, actually.

*Totally invents the word Blimpfantry.*

Ok, I'm thinking of really rotund soldiers floating along on strings pulled by children..

Monday, August 25th 2008, 2:36am

Zeppelinfantry?

Monday, August 25th 2008, 3:07am

Led Zeppilin roady's?

Monday, August 25th 2008, 3:17am

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine

Canada actually has fiddled with the concept given the unique properties of it's airship prototype (as seen at FP15), but doesn't see it as viable except under very specific and unusual circumstances (duralumin plated or not, it probably won't react well to being fired at).

Imperial Canada, however...there's an interesting idea...