You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, July 12th 2008, 8:26pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad
that depends if it was OOC concerning OTL, if it was IC the obviously Peter the Great, Cathrine the Great and Alexander I are also widely also had very different ambitions than OTL and I was talking of the Azerbaijan People's Republic (also in Iran 1946 OTL).

Stuarts comments seem to be a responce to your assessment of Russian aspirations in the Caucusus region in your news post, so I'd say it was an OOC reply to an IC comment and not an OOC reply with regaurds to OTL.

Saturday, July 12th 2008, 8:28pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
Azerbaijan was a Russian territory since the 1700s.

No,Russian after the Treaty of Turkmenchay

TSA comment came in between

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Vukovlad" (Jul 12th 2008, 8:30pm)

Saturday, July 12th 2008, 8:29pm

Quoted

I assumed that was an OOC comment by AdK, but since Russia has shown no ambitions in Persia WWTL how did Persia lose all its Caucasus territories?

Well, in the case of Iberia, we lost the North African territories because the base map used for Wesworld was a current day map, not a 1920's map.

AK and I are "discussing" a correction of the map, in the absense of the new French Player (I can't remember who took over....)

Saturday, July 12th 2008, 8:33pm

Quoted

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
Azerbaijan was a Russian territory since the 1700s.

No,Russian after the Treaty of Turkmenchay

TSA comment came in between

Okay, since 1828. I was going by memory, here.

Saturday, July 12th 2008, 10:19pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Commodore Green
Well, in the case of Iberia, we lost the North African territories because the base map used for Wesworld was a current day map, not a 1920's map.

Which territory's?

Quoted

AK and I are "discussing" a correction of the map, in the absense of the new French Player (I can't remember who took over....)

Agent 148 is the new French player. What type of "corrections"?

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Sunday, July 13th 2008, 7:41am

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin

And he's been posting on Lithuania again, plus provided me with a second Snellensoon report, I would not presume his abdication of France.

Oh, and if we are correcting territories, I had that map of areas the Dutch once owned....

Sunday, July 13th 2008, 7:42am

Quoted

Originally posted by Kaiser Kirk

Quoted

And he's been posting on Lithuania again, plus provided me with a second Snellensoon report, I would not presume his abdication of France.

He told me he was having difficulties with health and internet, if I recall rightly.

Sunday, July 13th 2008, 1:53pm

Quoted

Quoted

Which territory's?

Quoted

These territories.......

Sunday, July 13th 2008, 2:08pm

I'm a little miffed at the notion of "correcting" territory's this late in the sim. Last time we tried to do that even hypothetically, ironically enough, it involved Iberian territory's that made little sence.
The results were less than pleasant....

It's my opinion that the borders should remain the same, merely the reason why they are different should be explained. At either rate France is not absent, merely the transfer from player to player has been delayed.

Sunday, July 13th 2008, 2:17pm

Quoted

I'm a little miffed at the notion of "correcting" territory's this late in the sim. Last time we tried to do that even hypothetically, ironically enough, it involved Iberian territory's that made little sence.
The results were less than pleasant....

It's my opinion that the borders should remain the same, merely the reason why they are different should be explained. At either rate France is not absent, merely the transfer from player to player has been delayed.

Relax Wes, I know that I'm chancing my arm here!
At least I have the decency to ask first!

Sunday, July 13th 2008, 9:29pm

Quoted

I know that I'm chancing my arm here!

Heh, this must be some Irish slang, I assume you mean you are proceeding with caution?

Quoted

At least I have the decency to ask first!

I'd just like to make sure the mis-understandings are avoided this time around.

Sunday, July 13th 2008, 10:03pm

I've already PM'd Agent148 (now that I know who is running France!), it's in his hands now!!

Sunday, July 13th 2008, 10:16pm

Quoted

Heh, this must be some Irish slang, I assume you mean you are proceeding with caution?

It's sort of connected to an old Irish joke....

Jimmy and Paddy are at the Parish Fete.
The Parish priest in on the podium, thanking all those who helped with the fete, when suddenly a beautiful naked woman ran towards the podium.
Shocked the priest called out,
"All good catholic men will avert their eyes or be struck blind by the Lord!!!"
Jimmy turned to Paddy and whispered,
"Jaysus Paddy, I think I'll risk one eye!!"

Sunday, July 13th 2008, 10:29pm

May 11th

The continued violations of Persian airspace and total disregard for the Persian EEZ in the Caspian Sea shown by our northern neighbors has prompted the IDC to dispatch delegations to a number of countries to evaluate combat aircraft, primarily dive and torpedo bombers.

Sunday, July 13th 2008, 10:30pm

Quoted

It's sort of connected to an old Irish joke....

Jimmy and Paddy are at the Parish Fete.
The Parish priest in on the podium, thanking all those who helped with the fete, when suddenly a beautiful naked woman ran towards the podium.
Shocked the priest called out,
"All good catholic men will avert their eyes or be struck blind by the Lord!!!"
Jimmy turned to Paddy and whispered,
"Jaysus Paddy, I think I'll risk one eye!!"

Lol, thats priceless!

Quoted

May 11th

The continued violations of Persian airspace and total disregard for the Persian EEZ in the Caspian Sea shown by our northern neighbors has prompted the IDC to dispatch delegations to a number of countries to evaluate combat aircraft, primarily dive and torpedo bombers.

Definately NOT the responce Turkey is looking for from its Persian neighbours....

Sunday, July 13th 2008, 10:39pm

Quoted

May 11th

May 12
The Armenian Air Ministry responds to this news by ordering twenty IAR-80 fighters from Romania.

Azerbaijan mulls its own options.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Brockpaine" (Jul 13th 2008, 10:40pm)

Sunday, July 13th 2008, 10:46pm

Quoted

Quoted

May 11th

Definately NOT the responce Turkey is looking for from its Persian neighbours....

Well the answer you want, "Persia welcomes our new(F)ART overlords." Will have to wait a bit longer

Sunday, July 13th 2008, 10:59pm

Acctually the answer Turkey was hoping for was that Persia would ACTUALLY attend some sort of diplomatic talks rather than the usual military bluster and juvinile insults.

Sunday, July 13th 2008, 11:06pm

What insults?

Sunday, July 13th 2008, 11:07pm

But insults are a time-honored Middle Eastern tradition! :D