You are not logged in.

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 1:57am

*Whistles innocently about his troop movements.*

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 2:13am

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad
First there are no such thing as Persian Propaganda everything out of Persia is fair and balanced...

...of course.....;) Kinda like half awake Azeri engineers being "weeded out" as spys....

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad
secondly you dont have to be vocal for threats to be very intimidating.

So merely existing is a threat now?! lol Now I think I know how the Russians feel! Well at least it shows Persia and perhaps SATSUMA are aware of the "teeth" Atlantis has.....even though they haven't really said much about things in the caspian region....

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 2:33am

Quoted

So merely existing is a threat now?!

Yes, your existence is a threat to the world so I guess I will have to take the plane to Vancouver, grab a phone book and then eliminate all Wilsons in the region... probably going to be a bigger job than the T-800 "Schwarzenator" had in the Terminator. :)
*runs away*

Quoted

Well at least it shows Persia and perhaps SATSUMA are aware of the "teeth" Atlantis has.....even though they haven't really said much about things in the caspian region....

One does not have to say anything to be threatening. If you are silent and send your big ships around the world, you're more threatening than a nation that is vocal and sends out a bunch of MTBs...
... but that is my opinion. :)

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 2:56am

Tell me about it...

Quoted

So merely existing is a threat now?! lol Now I think I know how the Russians feel!

Tell me about it, ya get no end of grief even when you wage only a small number of carefully limited wars with carefully limited forces for carefully limited objectives, like...
Lithuania

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 3:14am

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
Yes, your existence is a threat to the world so I guess I will have to take the plane to Vancouver, grab a phone book and then eliminate all Wilsons in the region... probably going to be a bigger job than the T-800 "Schwarzenator" had in the Terminator. :)
*runs away*

Indeed, roughly 470 Wilsons in the lower mainland! If they send a TX model or a "Cameron Phillips" model they might have a much easier time finding me though!

Quoted

One does not have to say anything to be threatening. If you are silent and send your big ships around the world, you're more threatening than a nation that is vocal and sends out a bunch of MTBs...
... but that is my opinion. :)

Yes but if your going to be threatening you might as well be very vocal AND sail your big ships around the world....why do things half ass ;)

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 3:22am

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin

Quoted

*runs away*

Indeed, roughly 470 Wilsons in the lower mainland! If they send a TX model or a "Cameron Phillips" model they might have a much easier time finding me though!

...the Cameron Phillips model is obviously the top of the line, IMHO. I mean, DUDE.

(As an aside, if they could get Jewel Staite to play a Terminatrix alongside Summer Glau, that would be so full of win. It'd so full of win that the world could not possibly contain it.)

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 5:23am

Wow, this thread HAS gone way off track!

Acctually I'm partial to Morena Baccarin (Adria), who oddly enough stared alongside Jewel staite (Dr. Jennifer Keller) in Firefly/Serenity and also made the crossover to the Stargate universe.

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 5:27am

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
Wow, this thread HAS gone way off track!

Acctually I'm partial to Morena Baccarin, who oddly enough stared alongside Jewel staite in "Serenity" and also made the crossover to the Stargate universe.

Firefly is also full of win, but I just never liked Morena's character. As I understand, her character was drafted on to the show after script-writing because some Fox VP got his hose in a twist, wanting a space-hooker. It just never worked for me.

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 6:04am

Yeah but ya gotta love her half acended charactor in Stargate!

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 6:08am

Yes, yes I did. But sadly, that entire arc, I felt, was a completely different series of Stargate than the one I had come to expect. The Goa'uld always amused me because it was pseudo-scientific; the Ori were just wacky because they were mystic.

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 6:31am

While definately not 'bad', the last few seasons of SG-1, the almost unrelated story arc(s) combined with the new casting gave me a very noticable "Farscape/SG-1 slashfic" vibe that was always churning in the pit of my stomach when I tried watching...

I'd rather have seen shows like Space: Above & Beyond or seaQuest get a few more seasons than letting Stargate drag on as long as it has...

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 6:50am

Stargate continuum moved things back on track in that reguard.

*Thread officially highjacked*
The Persian authority's can simply pay a hefty sum of money to return it!

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 7:11am

"We're taking this thread... TO GERMANY!"

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 12:46pm

German defences set on KILL if this thread shows up there......

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 1:24pm

You know why they cancelled Firefly....

[SIZE=4]Waaaaay Too much Hot-ness!!!!!![/SIZE]

Sunday, August 17th 2008, 5:54am

Dude, a hot mechanic, spaceships, and mercenaries! What more can you ask?

Sunday, August 17th 2008, 5:55am

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox

A longer run...?

howard

Unregistered

Sunday, August 17th 2008, 6:09am

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox

Aerynn Soon.

H.

Sunday, August 17th 2008, 6:12am

But Aeryn Sun can't get hot. :P She'll go into Living Death mode. :P

((Though Farscape *IS* a very good series. I've just never been able to watch it all.))