You are not logged in.

Saturday, July 19th 2008, 8:10pm

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
Coincidenially the SSB-7 through 10 are due to be taken out of service and could be purchased for a song and dance.

Hey, that's one thing the Irish have a monopoly on exporting!

Saturday, July 19th 2008, 9:03pm

Then it would be a good trade!

Saturday, July 19th 2008, 9:42pm

The Imperial family wishes to express its gratitude for the kind reception it received in the UK. The Shah was also much impressed by a number of different aircraft types that were shown in Hendon and also wishes to express his thanks to the various aircraft manufacturers and their staff for their patience and knowledge in answering questions regarding the aircraft displayed.

Sunday, July 20th 2008, 1:26am

Should have probably mentioned this, but the IAR 80, PZL P.50, and PZL P.37 are all prototypes, although they will all be entering sevice by Q3.

A very good read, although the amount of planes was simply staggering. On a separate note, the Romanian Armed Forces are considering an order of around 50 Hawker Hurricanes for 1937 (the historical order 2 years early).

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Sunday, July 20th 2008, 3:19am

Quoted

Then it would be a good trade!

Argh, you missed the appropriate response. Now repeat after me "Then I guess the jig is up!"

Sunday, July 20th 2008, 4:15am

"Then I guess the jig is up!"

Hows that oh master of puns?

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Sunday, July 20th 2008, 8:37am

Quoted

"Then I guess the jig is up!"

Hows that oh master of puns?

Much better, but I simply don't know where you got the last line...

Sunday, July 20th 2008, 11:46am

Well if your going to teach me the "ancient art of Pun" that makes you the master and I the student, hench the term "master of Puns".

Sunday, July 20th 2008, 12:56pm

Quoted

Coincidenially the SSB-7 through 10 are due to be taken out of service and could be purchased for a song and dance.

Turkey subsequently expresses interest in the Supermarine Spitfire to augment its fighter force. Other posibilitys being an additional order of He 112's, and/or a purchase of Ripon-Bloch RB. 132 Renegades.

If He-112s are the choice, Heinkel can certainly provide them, with either the current Jumo-211 engine or (now that DB is FINALLY getting over it's production issues) the DB-601.

Definitely a LONG list of aircraft attending.

One thing to note: the Ju-90S heavy bomber prototype arrived with one engine shut down from overheating and on it's return to Germany it had to divert to the closest Dutch airfield to the coast for the same reason. [The BMW-139 strikes again! Further evidence, if any were really needed, that that engine is NOT the way forward.]