You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, June 21st 2008, 12:08pm

It was a long day yesterday...

Saw some nice stuff though...

B-25 Mitchel (as if we didn't recognize this one)

It was really grrrrrrrrreat to see this one fly. Love the noise it makes. :)

Lancaster after landing

"Damn Yankee"!!! :D

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rooijen10" (Jun 21st 2008, 12:09pm)

Saturday, June 21st 2008, 12:12pm

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? It's... both! :)

KLu Planes of past and present

The Hunter's solo flight. Rather quiet plane.

OV-10 Bronco.

Saturday, June 21st 2008, 12:15pm

Quite pleased as to how well this picture looked when I got home.

No accidents though during the display. They probably forgot to hire manzo as pilot. :)

Took this one just in time before the F-16 vanished out of view

Royal Jordanian Falcons.

... and now onwards to the Abbotsford Airshow in Canada in August!!!

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Rooijen10" (Jun 21st 2008, 12:35pm)

Saturday, June 21st 2008, 2:00pm

Great pictures! Just a question the B-25 isnt that KNIL markings rather than KLu?

Saturday, June 21st 2008, 4:20pm

It was mentioned by the commentator. It was in that flight probably because it is the only flying B-25 in the Netherlands (and you don't want to ruin the paint job just for the sake of having it represent the KLu). :)

Took something like 175 pictures during the show at Leeuwarden AB and almost 90 minutes of video.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Rooijen10" (Jun 21st 2008, 4:24pm)

Saturday, June 21st 2008, 4:25pm

Will you post the rest of the pictures somewhere on the net?

Saturday, June 21st 2008, 5:24pm

I don't mind but considering that this is the actual size of the Frecce Tricolori picture (actually just a 1280x960 section of it)...

... I hope you undestand that I won't be able to change all the pictures in a few minutes.
(actually a shame that I found out back home that while I changed the camera to 800 ISO for an inside picture, I forgot to change it back to 100 or 200 when I got back outside so with the actual size, you'll see the noise in the picture caused by this mistake)

Saturday, June 21st 2008, 7:43pm

I was thinking more like a photobucket folder or an Air Enthusiast site

Saturday, June 21st 2008, 7:57pm

VERY nice pictures Walter!

Saturday, June 21st 2008, 8:21pm

Sweet. It's been probably fifteen years since I've been to an airshow, but when I was a kid, we lived in a suburb of San Deigo... and the Blue Angels practiced over my house once a week. :D

Saturday, June 21st 2008, 8:25pm

Quoted

I was thinking more like a photobucket folder or an Air Enthusiast site

Photobucket was what I had in mind, but due to it being a free account, I still need to shrink either the size of the photos (max 1024x768) or the size of the files (max 1 Mb).

Quoted

VERY nice pictures Walter!

I hope the ones I will be taking at Abbotsford in August will be as good as the ones I took at Leeuwarden (since I will be using a slightly different camera there). Leeuwarden was pretty much a test for that show, but I know that I will try to go to next year's RNAF show when it comes. Hopefully getting to that show won't be as bad as yesterday as it took me and a friend more than 3 1/2 hours to get there (due to a slight delay of the train service, resulting in us missing the connecting train to Leeuwarden by less than 10 minutes).

Edit: given wrong picture size...

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Rooijen10" (Jun 21st 2008, 8:40pm)

Saturday, June 21st 2008, 9:47pm

Photobucket automatically resizes the pictures which makes things much easier.

I've been going along to the airshow at RAF Cosford the past few years but it wasn't very good last year as most available planes were in Afghanistan.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Saturday, June 21st 2008, 9:57pm

Really great stuff! Thanks for sharing!

Have there been any P-51s inflight too?

Saturday, June 21st 2008, 10:23pm

Quoted

Photobucket automatically resizes the pictures which makes things much easier.

But how can you be sure that it resizes the picture the way you want it to? Therefore I prefer to do the resizing myself. :)

Quoted

Have there been any P-51s inflight too?

Just the one. The picture of "Damn Yankee" was taken about 1 hour and 50 minutes after it had finished its display.

I am currently busy dumping the pictures here:
http://s249.photobucket.com/albums/gg240…/E510%20Photos/

I group it in the time blocks according to the program and the 09:30 block is completed.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Rooijen10" (Jun 21st 2008, 10:27pm)

Saturday, June 21st 2008, 11:15pm

I know there might be some distortion due to perspective but its still amazing how similar in size the B-25, the Hunter, and F-16 look.

Sunday, June 22nd 2008, 12:09am

This one might give a slightly better comparison...
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg240…00/P6201125.jpg

10:30, 11:30 and 13:00 blocks completed. No pictures taken during the 12:15 break and 12:45 block as I was out looking for some nice goodies that were available. :)

Sunday, June 22nd 2008, 4:45am

WHOAA!!! Nice!

Sunday, June 22nd 2008, 11:01am

If you have a look on the upload screen there is a drop down menu for size. I think the default is 640px but you can have smaller and larger for 15" screen, 17" screen and maximum size. Theres quite a lot of photos there though.

Sunday, June 22nd 2008, 11:24am

Quoted

If you have a look on the upload screen there is a drop down menu for size. I think the default is 640px but you can have smaller and larger for 15" screen, 17" screen and maximum size.

I am aware of that, but like I said I prefer to do the resizing myself. Just takes a bit more time.

Quoted

Theres quite a lot of photos there though.

Yes and there could have been a lot more were it not for the fact that I was using a video camera as well for the various displays.

I just got all of the pictures uploaded now. Almost 180 pictures. I'll try to get my hands on the pictures my colleague took. Another colleague went on Saturday and maybe he took a camera along as well. I also have the recordings from the video camera. I'll see if I can dump it onto the computer and then take a bunch of snapshots from there (or see if I can upload a few bits of video). A DVD of the show with stuff from both the Friday and Saturday has been ordered and that one should be here in about 3-4 weeks. I'll take some snapshots from the DVD as well.