You are not logged in.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Tuesday, January 27th 2009, 6:59pm

My 2 cents- The point was to get a feel for what sort of international climate the Czechs and Germans would be facing on this issue.

At this time, it seems clear the Germans have some support for assuring their minority are not heavily oppressed, though a League vote on say sanctions is unlikely at this time, the Czechs can not count on complete hands-off. However the Germans can't look to the Austrian merger as a potential parallel either.

Since the Czechs are NPCs that should have bearing on their response and allow Hrolf to craft his storyline moving forward.

Tuesday, January 27th 2009, 11:30pm

OOC: Heh, well, Germany knew that there was little parallel with the Austrian situation from the start: Austria was a whole country, with leanings towards merger with Germany, where the Sudetenland is NOT a country, and the country as a whole is not interested in merging with Germany (and vice versa).

What I need now that we've heard from almost all the countries the Czechs are likely to be listening to (everyone but Italy's been heard from) is for someone (Wes, probably) to make a call on what the Czech government has done over the course of 1936/early 1937 on the subject. Ie, have the Czechs allowed the LoN investigation to occur (if so, it will likely report the same thing that the historical mission of Lord Runciman in 1938 did. If so, what's the Czech response and when? Etc.

Wednesday, January 28th 2009, 1:26am

Oh good God not me, I'm lost on this subject lol.

Wednesday, January 28th 2009, 2:00am

OOC: Wes, just say no... Gotta keep this thing interesting. ;)

IC:

Mexico (seeing potential benefits regarding the US) fully supports the Germans in their stance.

Australia (not liking the Germans much) sees this as an infringement of Czech soverignty, but doesn't really care either way and won't speak up.

Wednesday, January 28th 2009, 2:08am

Peru thinks Germany isnt playing the we are picked on card hard enough (start complaining that all germans should be german and that the treaty ending ww1 was to harsh, oh and acuse the british of sinking the HSF)

Wednesday, January 28th 2009, 2:09am

Quoted

Originally posted by Tanthalas
Peru thinks Germany isnt playing the we are picked on card hard enough (start complaining that all germans should be german and that the treaty ending ww1 was to harsh, oh and acuse the british of sinking the HSF)

Whatever for? The Germans and Brits are allies.

Wednesday, January 28th 2009, 2:12am

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine

Quoted

Originally posted by Tanthalas

Whatever for? The Germans and Brits are allies.

General anoyance factor (aka just somthing to complain about in the Legue)

Wednesday, January 28th 2009, 1:28pm

Bharat supports the Germans stance on the League and ask the League to sanction Czechs if they continue to drag their feet in regard to this issue.

Wednesday, February 25th 2009, 1:33am

So, can the mods make a call on what the Czech's are doing?

Wednesday, February 25th 2009, 1:53am

I've already stated my preference for the Czechs to redress the issues to Germany's satisfaction, and I don't recall any hint of anyone besides the Belgians trying to dissuade them of otherwise...

Thursday, April 9th 2009, 7:24pm

Any progress?

Thursday, April 9th 2009, 7:33pm

IMHO the Czech will finally cave in and try to redress the issue in favor of the Germans short of foreign troops on their soil or territorial concesions.

Thursday, April 9th 2009, 7:57pm

That will work for Germany. (Not to say that there aren't political factions in Germany that wouldn't rather see the Czech's get their backs up and resist outside pressure, but they'd have a hard time convincing the rest of the Ggerman body politic to go to war over something the Czechs are committed to fixing peaceably.)