You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, June 16th 2008, 4:31pm

Layout question

Would there be any interest in having the zillion national encyclopedia fora "nested" within a few "Continent" fora?

In theory, if you were at the Main Page, you'd only see the continents listed, and would have to click on a continent to see individual nations listed. Kinda like the organization of the various naval negotiation talks in the Archives section.

The idea's just to shorten the overall extent of the Main Page...

Monday, June 16th 2008, 4:39pm

I'd be up for that. Which begs the question - is Atlantis part of the Atlantean continent, or geographically part of Africa?

...perhaps I'd suggest:
- Europe (including Russia and Atlantis)
- South America
- North America
- Africa
- Asia and Australasia

Monday, June 16th 2008, 4:43pm

I figured we'd classify by location of the capital city.

In the case of Atlantis, Wes could "self-identify" with a continent of his choice.

Monday, June 16th 2008, 4:50pm

OK by me.

Monday, June 16th 2008, 5:15pm

I like the idea. Question is which continent do I include Atlantis in, Africa does seem to be the closest.

Monday, June 16th 2008, 5:19pm

I think of Atlantis more as a European country than an African country, honestly; regardless of geographic affiliations.

Monday, June 16th 2008, 5:21pm

You could also class Atlantis as North or South American, more so the later. See my dilema?

Monday, June 16th 2008, 5:23pm

Move it further north on the map and then closer to Europe. Problem solved. :D

Monday, June 16th 2008, 5:29pm

I'll have to fire up the 1,250,000 Azipods and make best possible speed (0.05 knots). I may be there in 100 sim years...

Monday, June 16th 2008, 5:30pm

I'd go with Africa, if only so that SAE doesn't get lonely.

Monday, June 16th 2008, 5:31pm

Geo-wise Africa makes sence.

Monday, June 16th 2008, 5:36pm

True enough.

Monday, June 16th 2008, 5:39pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
Move it further north on the map and then closer to Europe. Problem solved. :D

Hang on a minute.....
i know tensions are easing between Atlantis and Iberia, but he ain't getting any closer before he a least pays for dinner and a show!!!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Commodore Green" (Jun 16th 2008, 5:40pm)

Monday, June 16th 2008, 5:49pm

That's right, Walter - Iberia isn't that kind of a nation.

Monday, June 16th 2008, 5:57pm

Quoted

he ain't getting any closer before he a least pays for dinner and a show!!!

means that

Quoted

Iberia isn't that kind of a nation.

should be read as: "Iberia not a cheap date." :D

*Runs away from angry Iberian mob*

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rooijen10" (Jun 16th 2008, 5:58pm)

Monday, June 16th 2008, 6:24pm

Hey that didn't stop them from getting closer to the rest of us! Just look at South America!! Hate to say it but Iberia has been around the block a few times!

Monday, June 16th 2008, 6:29pm

If you have a look at a map of plate tectonics, Atlantis lies mostly on the African plate, but would have a portion on the North American plate as well. I'd also expect volcanoes, a line of mountains along the fault, earthquakes etc.

Monday, June 16th 2008, 6:34pm

I invisioned mountians running along the west coast, in addition to the Northern ones as well with plains on the east coast.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Monday, June 30th 2008, 4:16pm

Your idea sounds appealing to me, Doc. Go ahead.

(As long as I don´t have to spend any time on it, that is.... :o))

Friday, July 4th 2008, 4:16pm

Done.

Atlantis is considered in Africa; Turkey and Russia in Europe; Australia as part of Asia.

Let me know if there are any access issues to your normal boards.