You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, June 16th 2008, 2:20am

Jyllands Posten, February 1st, 1936.

The following statement was released yesterday evening by the Department of Foreign Affairs, at the conclusion of talks held over the last week.

The Government of the Kingdom of Denmark has the great pleasure to announce the successful negotiation of a Treaty of Mutual Support between the Kingdom of Denmark, The Empire of Ethiopia, The Iberian Federation, The Republic of Italy, The Kingdom of The Netherlands, The Republic of Peru, and The Kingdom of Siam.

This treaty is not directed against any individual nation nor any other treaty organisation, and contains no commitment upon any nation to give aid in the event of aggressive action by any of the signatory nations.
The contracting parties hope that, with the conclusion of this treaty, they will help maintain peace for all their peoples, and bring increased prosperity to their nations.

Monday, June 16th 2008, 3:00am

Hm, so Siam has joined the AANM? Looks like a good move for them: counterbalances the French influences in Indochina, and wins them access to technology they wouldn't otherwise get. AANM keeps a local kingdom out of SATSUMA, and the Dutch probably will benefit by trade between the DEI and Siam.

Monday, June 16th 2008, 3:04am

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
Hm, so Siam has joined the AANM? Looks like a good move for them: counterbalances the French influences in Indochina, and wins them access to technology they wouldn't otherwise get. AANM keeps a local kingdom out of SATSUMA, and the Dutch probably will benefit by trade between the DEI and Siam.

No, they haven't joined AANM!

But you're right on the rest!

Monday, June 16th 2008, 3:16am

Looks like Colombia will veiw the FAR alliance as more appealing now.

Monday, June 16th 2008, 3:47am

Germany sees no effect on it, so doesn't mind.

Uncle Sam looks at the changes on the board and frowns slightly, making notes.

Monday, June 16th 2008, 4:15am

Quoted

Originally posted by Commodore Green

Quoted

No, they haven't joined AANM!

Mrr? Well... all the AANM countries that I've been informed about are in this alliance. So, what, it's AANM Plus Two?

Monday, June 16th 2008, 4:57am

With reguards to Siam, Atlantis thinks its a good thing they didn't join SATSUMA. Peru on the other hand, not unexpected but not veiwed positively either.

As already stated Colombia wouldn't veiw it with much optimism either, Peru has already started an excessive military buildup in the last 5-10 years, under the premise that they are countering Chile. Problem is they are starting to outclass Colombia current navy at the top end.

So like the U.S., Atlantis too is taking notes.

Monday, June 16th 2008, 4:59am

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
Looks like Colombia will veiw the FAR alliance as more appealing now.

And/or NATO

Quoted

Mrr? Well... all the AANM countries that I've been informed about are in this alliance. So, what, it's AANM Plus Two?

Your guess is as good as mine, or anyone else's. Two years later (A decade or so ingame...), still no AANM Treaty text, a placeholder member list, anything of relevant interest to the world stage. (Hint.)

Monday, June 16th 2008, 5:14am

True enough on the AANM treaty text, I've asked several times. Maybe FAR and/or NATO can "ajust" their treaty text and keep it secret.

Monday, June 16th 2008, 5:29am

Australia is grumbling that Siam went that way. But at least they didn't go SATSUMA.

Mexico sees the Peruvian people betrayed by their government who sold thei souls for "friends".

There is no AANM text because Iberia doesn't want to reveal the fact that they DO have plans to invade Mexico.

Monday, June 16th 2008, 5:45am

Quite frankly the treaty could say just about anything, we don't know what exactly.

To be fair I've never writen out a treaty for Atlantis/Colombia but at least with NATO and FAR its out in the open and anyone with "plans" vs its members know what line has to be crossed.

Hell even SAER, which specifically names an alliance as its primary threat, has text for us to see.

Monday, June 16th 2008, 6:23am

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
There is no AANM text because Iberia doesn't want to reveal the fact that they DO have plans to invade Mexico.

You're not paranoid if they really are out to get you...

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Monday, June 16th 2008, 7:16am

Quoted

the Dutch probably will benefit by trade between the DEI and Siam.

Actually the Dutch and Siamese have traded for quite some time, first under the auspices of the Danes, then later under the Regional Asiatic Trade Society.

Trust us, there is no AANM treaty text. We don't even know what AANM says. :)

Monday, June 16th 2008, 7:27am

All joking aside treaty text really would be good. Afterall Atlantis has made a naval agreement with one of its members as a gesture of good faith!

It might be usefull to have some referance to hand the Atlantean civilian population when they think Atlantis has just ended up with a little egg on its face.
Afterall two of its South American freinds are now wondering "are we a little less safe" and will most likely be publicly questioning the Atantean decision to sign a naval agreement with a secretive lot.

Monday, June 16th 2008, 8:25am

To be a bit blunt (because this issue's been raised before, with no resolution...)

Quoted

Originally posted by Kaiser Kirk
Trust us, there is no AANM treaty text. We don't even know what AANM says. :)

The rest of us have written out our treaties, I think there's been enough time for you guys to work out something.

I think it's about time someone asked for a GM ruling on this; Is there a good reason why the pertinent details of the AANM Treaty are the only ones not publicly known?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ShinRa_Inc" (Jun 16th 2008, 8:28am)

Monday, June 16th 2008, 8:44am

ShinRa makes a good point, you know. I didn't even hear about AANM for quite some time after I started playing, because the treaty wasn't listed; it took me even longer to figure out who the members were.

Monday, June 16th 2008, 8:48am

...and there you have it, it seems I'm not the only one that would apreciate some kind of text!

Monday, June 16th 2008, 10:22am

In reality, theres no way that other countries would know what the text says. Way back when it was just Denmark-Iberia-Italy, no one could really be bothered to write anything out for it. Does it really need to be written out? Probably not, as the friendships between the countries involved will determine their course of action in a situation, not a piece of paper. I think people are setting too much stock in these treaties, they don't force you to do anything.

Monday, June 16th 2008, 3:19pm

ohh, stop your whining

Check out the treaty thread!!

(Something I whipped up over lunch!!)

Can I request of the Mods to change the name of the AANM board to the "AEGIS" board, and give access to Carthiginian.

I know you can't give Prededor access due to limits on the system, I'll just forward things to him by PM.

Monday, June 16th 2008, 3:33pm

Done, done, and consider setting up a generic "AEGIS" user that guys like Perds could log in with.