You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, May 24th 2008, 6:01pm

Brazil Q1/35

Marinha Imperial
1935 First Quarter Report
1 January-31 March

A. Factories
7/7 factories = 7,000t of material + 1,006t stockpiled =8,0006t available
8,000t are used and 0t transferred, leaving a stockpile of 6t.

0/7 factories (committed) = 0.0 infrastructure pts +
0/7 factories (flexible) = 0.0 pts = 0.0 pts available

B. Infrastructure Development

None

C. Naval Development and Construction

at Rio de Janeiro:
S3: CL-16 Almirante Barroso receives 2,000t, balance 8,713t
S1: idle
D3: CL-17 Almirante Tamandaré receives 2,000t, balance 8,713t
D3: CL-15 Esgrimista receives 2,000t, balance 7,376t
Dockside: CL-14 Sagitério receives 2,000t, balance 2,876t

at Macapa:
S0: idle
D1: idle
D0: idle

at Manaus:

Commercial shipyards:
idle

D. Transactions

none

E. Other Notes

Almirante Barroso-class light cruiser laid down this quarter

Almirante Barroso-class light cruiser laid down this quarter

DD-23 Colocolo and DD-24 Pampas finish shakedown cruises

Brazilian economy goes to wartime footing

F. Scrappage Report

None

G. Updated Order of Battle, 31 March 1935

Note: completed (under repair/refit) + under construction

Battleships 2(0)+0
Coastal Battleships 0(0)+0
Battlecruisers 2(0)+0
Light Cruisers 4(0)+4
Destroyers 24(0)+0
Submarines 9(0)+0
Gunboats 5(0)+0
Minelayers 1(0)+0
Submarine Tender 1(0)+0
Collier 1(0)+0
Training Ship 1(0)+0

This post has been edited 12 times, last edit by "Fyrwulf" (May 28th 2008, 3:21am)

Saturday, May 24th 2008, 7:10pm

Looks fine to me...

Saturday, May 24th 2008, 7:12pm

Well, yeah, it's essentially correct, but I want to lay down another ship. As you can see, I don't have another Type 3 available, so it'd have to be in another nation's yards. I had agreements in place, but obviously things change.

Saturday, May 24th 2008, 7:55pm

Hmm, agreements with whom? I don't know Brazil's alignments that well...

Saturday, May 24th 2008, 8:07pm

Most likely a SATSUMA nation, the dirrection Fyrwulf was taking Brazil, maybe Iberia.

Saturday, May 24th 2008, 8:19pm

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
Most likely a SATSUMA nation, the dirrection Fyrwulf was taking Brazil, maybe Iberia.

I seem to remember some discussions about a ship, but when Swampy took over Brazil, the plans fell through.....

Saturday, May 24th 2008, 8:37pm

Thats exactly why I mentioned Iberia, when Swampy took over Brazil the SATSUMA leanings became apparent.

Saturday, May 24th 2008, 8:46pm

SATSUMA leanings? That's odd. It never came over that way to me.

Saturday, May 24th 2008, 8:51pm

Heh well whenever Persia desides to label someone "Pro FAR" or a "FAR puppet", like Turkey, remember what you just said.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Saturday, May 24th 2008, 8:53pm

For a bit the Dutch at least, thought Japan was wooing Argentina and Brazil. The Dutch were quite relieved when Japan stood by SAE in the current difficulties.

Edit : Is it necessary to note the Dutch in WW seem to be among the most paranoid of states?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kaiser Kirk" (May 24th 2008, 8:54pm)

Saturday, May 24th 2008, 8:56pm

Atlantis could at times be construed as paranoid, but yes I think the Dutch have that feild cornered.

Saturday, May 24th 2008, 9:06pm

Quoted

For a bit the Dutch at least, thought Japan was wooing Argentina and Brazil.

Purely business back then. For the $$$. ^_^

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rooijen10" (May 24th 2008, 9:06pm)

Kaiser Kirk

Saturday, May 24th 2008, 11:37pm

Quoted

Atlantis could at times be construed as paranoid, but yes I think the Dutch have that feild cornered.

Yes, but we are aware you are trying to steal our title!

Sunday, May 25th 2008, 12:52am

Quoted

Originally posted by Kaiser Kirk
Edit : Is it necessary to note the Dutch in WW seem to be among the most paranoid of states?

No. :)

Sunday, May 25th 2008, 2:36am

I completely forgot about wartime production rules and the fact that I can launch a ship once 40% of it is complete. This quarter is modified to reflect that.

EDIT: Also, since the question was asked about my agreements, the answer is Japan and the United States (although that fact is extremely secret.)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Fyrwulf" (May 25th 2008, 2:39am)

Sunday, May 25th 2008, 2:49am

Interesting. Would the US deliver a warship to a country currently at war?

Sunday, May 25th 2008, 3:03am

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine

That was the reason for the agreement, since nobody in their right mind is going to attack a US port to destroy a couple Brazilian cruisers. Besides, the US (at least it was under CanisD) is currently very much about the Monroe Doctrine and they don't much care for the fact that a non-native nation (read: SAE) has a major holding in South America and is distinctly hostile to its South American neighbors.

Kaiser Kirk

Sunday, May 25th 2008, 3:08am

Quoted

Originally posted by Fyrwulf
EDIT: Also, since the question was asked about my agreements, the answer is Japan and the United States (although that fact is extremely secret.)

I believe Japan announced it was doing the same as the Dutch in not selling strategic or war materials to Brazil, so if/when this comes out, Japan will not look good.

Too bad about the US.

Still and all, secret stuff.

Sunday, May 25th 2008, 3:34am

Quoted

Originally posted by Fyrwulf

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine

That was the reason for the agreement, since nobody in their right mind is going to attack a US port to destroy a couple Brazilian cruisers. Besides, the US (at least it was under CanisD) is currently very much about the Monroe Doctrine and they don't much care for the fact that a non-native nation (read: SAE) has a major holding in South America and is distinctly hostile to its South American neighbors.

Maybe so but Atlantis wouldn't be too keen on it, Brazil has already shown they are willing to intervein in others conflicts, twice. America dealing with Brazil would in effect be condoning this behavior.

Theres also another secret matter to consider, the respective sphere of influence of the major powers in the region, something Atlantis and America have "discussed" in the past and have a common opinion as to where that influence comes into play. recently Iberia has had the operunity to express their own opinion with reguards to Spheres of influence.

Sunday, May 25th 2008, 3:45am

Quoted

Maybe so but Atlantis wouldn't be too keen on it, Brazil has already shown they are willing to intervene in others conflicts, twice. America dealing with Brazil would in effect be condoning this behavior.

While we're talking secrets, I imagine it will come out after the war that this war was always a joint effort, that Brazil entered when it did was very much calculated to have the maximum effect. The Americans are peripherally aware of this, since the deal was negotiated once it was apparent war was inevitable.