You are not logged in.

Monday, May 26th 2008, 6:47am

I'm not doing anything illegal. Royal Mail Ships have every right to sail the International Waters between the Falklands and Great Britain undisturbed... ;)

Monday, May 26th 2008, 7:22am

Civil carriers are still carriers in the veiw of Atlantis.

Monday, May 26th 2008, 9:31pm

Quoted

There is no guarantee however that these ships will have a safe transit route durring the war unless they sail to Argentina.

Even then, there is no guarantee those ships will arrive safely.
*Sends South America bound warship movement data to India, which passes it on to the SAE* :)

Quoted

If the SAE wanted to intercept them, they'd have to violate Chile's carefully maintained neutrality

Why? The RSAN could send out a number of its submarines and intercept the ship in the Pacific, before it is anywhere near South America. If no one sees the subs and no one survives the attack, no one will know that the ship was attacked and sunk. The RSAN would deny everything.

Quoted

It's not the Dutch being tricky

I'm Dutch so I know the Dutch are tricky. :D

Quoted

Then again it could be M thumbing his nose at the South Africans from his Civvie Carriers.

If I am not mistaken, there is only one person in Wesworld desigated as 'M' and he is hanging around with Siam, not Australia.

Quoted

And a legal target in a warzone. :)

Monday, May 26th 2008, 9:52pm

Quoted

If I am not mistaken, there is only one person in Wesworld desigated as 'M' and he is hanging around with Siam, not Australia.
Oh this is the Aussie 'M'*, he might or might not be the same person as the Siamese 'M'.

*Rupert Murdoch, richest Australian and planning a run at the PM spot.

Quoted

And a legal target in a warzone.
Is the entire South Atlantic a warzone?

Quoted

Course they are. But they are not warships. The biggest weapon on board Vespa is Murdoch's elephant gun.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Monday, May 26th 2008, 10:03pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Fyrwulf
I completely forgot about wartime production rules and the fact that I can launch a ship once 40% of it is complete. This quarter is modified to reflect that.

EDIT: Also, since the question was asked about my agreements, the answer is Japan and the United States (although that fact is extremely secret.)

The quarter is modified to reflect what? The 40% launch or wartime production rules?

Monday, May 26th 2008, 10:04pm

Quoted

Oh this is the Aussie 'M'*, he might or might not be the same person as the Siamese 'M'.

*Rupert Murdoch, richest Australian and planning a run at the PM spot.

If he really would identify himself with the initial 'M', it is unlikely he would live long enough to realize his dream to become PM. He's giving the real 'M' a bad name. :)

Quoted

Is the entire South Atlantic a warzone?

If it isn't, we'll make sure it will become one. :D

Monday, May 26th 2008, 10:05pm

Quoted

The quarter is modified to reflect what? The 40% launch or wartime production rules?

The way I read that line, I would say both.

HoOmAn

Monday, May 26th 2008, 10:07pm

If so it´s against our rules. That´s why I asked...

Monday, May 26th 2008, 10:14pm

Easy, the SAE asks its Nordish Friends to intercept the ships, and lets the Nords sink, no, no erm intern them for violating the warzone.

Monday, May 26th 2008, 10:26pm

What we need is a map of this supposed warzone. I mean is every ship in the South Atlantic going to be interned? Has a blockade just been called on the Falklands?

Edit: Read the rules and can't see what's wrong. Wartime production seems to only affect factories not launch times. Did I miss something?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Desertfox" (May 26th 2008, 10:33pm)

Monday, May 26th 2008, 11:17pm

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn
If so it´s against our rules. That´s why I asked...

How is it against rules? I looked the production rules up and it says they take effect immediately. As for the ship clearing the dock once the ship is 40% complete (actually, it was over 60% complete), that materially effects what, exactly? I really don't see how either is any different than fixing my oopsie with the IP conversion, to be honest.

HoOmAn

Monday, May 26th 2008, 11:39pm

Please re-read this phrase I copied from the rules:

"When a player decides to put the industry of his country on warfooting, he makes the announcement in its quarterly report; the economy will be on a war-footing two quarters after the quarter the report was made. Scaling down is immediate, and announced in the same quarter the economy is back at peacetime levels."

That´s why there is this phrase atop the last two reports (Q1 & Q2) for the SAE:

"The SAE switched to war-time production in Q1/35 due to events in South America. Factory output will be increased starting Q3/35."

Once the war got hot in January 1935 the SAE immediately switched to war-time production and announced this move. There was no such announcement by Brazil in Q2/34 and honestly - there also was no reason to do so. So there is no way Brazil could benefit from the war-time economy rules by Q1/1935 as in the report above.

(In fact there has been only one news item for Brazil in 1934 - and that was Q1/34 by Swamphen who was then in charge of Brazil since you bailed out: http://wesworld.jk-clan.de/thread.php?threadid=4704&sid= )

I´m not even sure Brazil could in Q3 due to the later entrance into the war. The first report that could have announced the switch to war-time economy would have been Q2/35, so Q4/35 to me appears the earliest quarter Brazil could benefit from the rules.

Just my thoughts whatever they are worth..... And of course I´m biased! One quarter later means less stress for the SAE. ;o)

Tuesday, May 27th 2008, 1:31am

Ah, I see. As for the date of announcement, please keep in mind that Brazil knew the game was up well before the first shots were fired. Further, the point that the Empire entered the war officially was carefully calculated to blindside the SAE. Of course, that's all secret and such.

Looks like I'm going to have to re-figure the yard upgrade program again.

Tuesday, May 27th 2008, 1:39am

Btw, Hoo, could you please set me up with the ABS mask again? Or, as a certain game would say, set us up the bomb.