You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, May 18th 2008, 1:43pm

Belgian FRC C 60 / L50 D 60mm Anti-tank gun

Is this a historical gun or something new for WW?

If it's new, I'm a little curious as to what would have prompted such a large (for 1935-36) bore AT gun, when the Belgians have been friendly or allied with the Dutch and the French and Germany's largest tank up until 1935 has been the Christie M1931, with all of maybe 3/4" of somewhat sloped armor on the bow and only available in tiny numbers (less than 2 companies worth).

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Sunday, May 18th 2008, 6:44pm

Historical, a fortress gun mounted at Eben Emael, Fort Battice and others. OTL Eben-Emael was completed in 1935. I think I had a post starting it back in 1932 or so- a year late if I'm right.

Edit: Thinking about it, that means the Belgians mounted these when the biggest German tank was a Pz-I, the 60mm could likely ventilate that at all ranges.

Belgian fort weapons

I expect I will wind up converting it to a vehicle/towed weapon as Wesworld becomes more cluttered with tanks that belong in the 1940s.

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Kaiser Kirk" (May 18th 2008, 7:15pm)