You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, May 4th 2008, 11:48am

Spithead Review

To mark the Coronation of a new King this year will see two important celebrations.

The first is a Naval Review at Spithead starting April 2 for ten days.

The next event in May will be a Hendon Air Display but reservations for that will be handled later.

Feel free to book a place, the Royal Navy will have tons of ships there, too many to list. It will be a repeat of the 1897 Review, the aim is to impress the world. :evil:

Sunday, May 4th 2008, 12:36pm

Sounds to me now that the King was deliberately poisoned by the Admiralty in order for them to have a good excuse to hold another Naval Review. :)

Sunday, May 4th 2008, 12:52pm

Damn, just when my best BBS are...

half disassembled and entering drydock. I don't think anyone will be at all impressed by a ship with empty barbettes...

Oh well, I'll put a paint job on Navarin.

Accompanying her will be Aircraft Carrier Kulikovo , Fast Armored Cruiser Admiral Makarov , Light Cruiser Admiral Putiatin , and 3rd Destroyer Flotilla.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "AdmKuznetsov" (May 4th 2008, 12:53pm)

Sunday, May 4th 2008, 12:58pm

OOC: Crap, to early to be able to show off the BC and DDs

Sunday, May 4th 2008, 1:00pm

[Admiral Raeder and the rest of the top echelons of the Kreigsmarine are now officially beside themselves with frustration, all of these events in 1936, and Bismarck will not be ready for any of them! Grrrr..... Oh, well. :)]

The KM will be sending a small squadron, composed of the CB Von der Tann, the CAs Graf Spee and Prinz Eugen, and the destroyers Paul Jacobi, Z-230, Z-231, Z-233, & Z-234.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Hrolf Hakonson" (May 4th 2008, 1:03pm)

Sunday, May 4th 2008, 1:01pm

Quoted

half disassembled and entering drydock. I don't think anyone will be at all impressed by a ship with empty barbettes...

Wood and paint would help to make it look impressive at the review. :)

Sunday, May 4th 2008, 3:07pm

Hmmmm, Nordmark will send the Battleship Gustav V, plus half of the 1st Carrier Squadron, 1st Cruiser Squadron & 8th Destroyer Flotilla.

Sunday, May 4th 2008, 5:58pm

Philomedes/Emathion will be still working up and Memnon will be in the shop, so Eumelos it is!

She will be acompanied by the CV Alioth, CL Acestus and DesDiv 1 (Jacinth, Jackel, Jackdaw, Jaguar).

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Sunday, May 4th 2008, 7:05pm

The Dutch will send BB Oceaan, the 1st Cruiser division and the 8th Destroyer flotilla. Minister of the Navy, Admiraal Pienaar, and Crown Prince William will be in attendance.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kaiser Kirk" (May 23rd 2008, 3:38am)

Kaiser Kirk

Sunday, May 4th 2008, 10:27pm

I just remembered, Belgium does have a vessel that both floats, AND is under 20 years of age,

Belgium will send the training sloop Artevelde representing 26% of it's tonnage, and 53% of the Active navy!

Minister of Defense, Andre Flahaut will attend.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kaiser Kirk" (May 4th 2008, 10:28pm)

Monday, May 5th 2008, 2:51pm

For lack of more impressive ships Persia will send the Isfahan and Azerbaijan

Monday, May 5th 2008, 4:48pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Kaiser Kirk
Belgium will send the training sloop Artevelde representing 26% of it's tonnage, and 53% of the Active navy!

Can Belgium really afford to send so much of it's naval might????

Monday, May 5th 2008, 5:06pm

I agree, thats an awefull lot of undefended coastline!

Kaiser Kirk

Monday, May 5th 2008, 9:31pm

Yes, but the mighty battleship Zinnia with her 11kg broadside (36% of the total) is in rese..
hmmm

Well, they have coast defense guns...

Monday, May 5th 2008, 9:40pm

Quoted

Yes, but the mighty battleship Zinnia with her 11kg broadside (36% of the total) is in rese..
hmmm

Well, they have coast defense guns...

Just as well!!

Monday, May 5th 2008, 9:41pm

*Looks at Map*
Coastline? What coastline? :D

Kaiser Kirk

Monday, May 5th 2008, 9:48pm

*hands a magnifying glass to the Japanese observer*

"There, that one!"

66.5km of coastline, defended by 36 coast defense guns, that's a gun every 1.84km !!

Monday, May 5th 2008, 10:03pm

Exactly. a mere 66.5 kilometers. Perhaps the Belgians should place an order for XXXL guns from Germany. :)

Monday, May 5th 2008, 10:03pm

Quoted

"There, that one!"

66.5km of coastline, defended by 36 coast defense guns, that's a gun every 1.84km !!

That's about the same as my land border with Germany!!

Monday, May 5th 2008, 10:07pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Commodore Green

Quoted

"There, that one!"

That's about the same as my land border with Germany!!

Apparently I'd better get to work on my northern border, then!