You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, March 23rd 2008, 10:27pm

Peru Q3/Q4 1935

October 8th 1935- Admiral Raul Velasco read the news from his mentor with interest. So he have reached a deal with the Indians to build a fast battleship starting next year? That is veritable news indeed. was his first thought while reading the specifications being asked to the Indians in regard to the ship.

So they are asking for a top speed of 32 knots. As fast as the Almirante Grau (1), trying to fit on his mind the future ships into his fleet like chess pieces on a board. He knew his fleet was top heavy but he alos knew thru his mentor that Minister De La Guarda (2) had a trick up his sleeve.

(1) the cruiser being build in Iberia that should be completed in the middle of 1936.

(2) Peruvian Foreign Minister.

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Mar 24th 2008, 3:44pm)

Sunday, March 23rd 2008, 10:37pm

Mexico does not like these news. I'm going to have to do something about them...

Sunday, March 23rd 2008, 10:40pm

You'll need a bigger boa... faster ship. :)

Monday, March 24th 2008, 12:05am

Now why would Peru get ships from India rather than Iberia? That would almost be like Turkey getting large ships from Atlantis, quite conveinient for the player of both nations.

Monday, March 24th 2008, 12:12am

Nobody minded when I posted the stats on the peru's encyclopedia on August last year. Same deal as trading to India the Lima for a cruiser and eight destroyers. This deal was reached when Rocky was in charge of India. Was the best available design from a private competition between Iberia-Italy-Germany and India. Is just business for Peru.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Mar 24th 2008, 12:15am)

Monday, March 24th 2008, 12:37am

Quoted

Now why would Peru get ships from India rather than Iberia?

Perhaps because India made Peru an offer they could not refuse. :)

Monday, March 24th 2008, 12:43am

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99
Nobody minded when I posted the stats on the peru's encyclopedia on August last year. Same deal as trading to India the Lima for a cruiser and eight destroyers. This deal was reached when Rocky was in charge of India. Was the best available design from a private competition between Iberia-Italy-Germany and India. Is just business for Peru.

Maybe so but I doubt the creation of SEAR, after that wouldn't have some sort of effect. Just as Atlantis felt some fallout, despite not being part of the SEAR agreement, so too would Iberia I would think.

Or is Peru not as close to Iberia as was led to beleive?

Monday, March 24th 2008, 12:46am

... or it is some evil SAER scheme to tie down Indian infrastructure.

Monday, March 24th 2008, 12:49am

BTW, any stats on the vessel in question? Or are they classified?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rooijen10" (Mar 24th 2008, 12:49am)

Monday, March 24th 2008, 1:03am

I'm not sure what SEAR has to do with it, neither India nor Iberia are signatories of that treaty. Peru has purchased ships from India as far back as when I was running Peru, when Peru purchased Huascar from India.

The ships are in the Peruvian Encyclopedia, the Almirante Villar entry in the Battleships thread.

I'm puzzled why that design has half the 12cm mounts as mount and hoist and the other half as turrets. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Monday, March 24th 2008, 1:17am

Thanks. Never thought about looking there. ^_^;;

Actually, all the 12cm guns are mount with hoist. :)
.. but I agree with you there. It is probably better to have them all in enclosed turrets.

India agreed not to lay-down any warship over 20,000 tons within the next five years... and unfortunately no exceptions are given so even if those ships are for Peru, India cannot lay them down unless they want to violate the Karachi Agreement.

Monday, March 24th 2008, 1:35am

The agreement didn't include any mention to lay for other navies, missed to include that part because I thought you guys read the encyclopedias and was implied that they could build ships for other navies. :D :rolleyes: If India is prohibited to build it I guess Iberia could build this ship but the winning design was the Indian one so I guess it's stay the same.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Mar 24th 2008, 1:44am)

Monday, March 24th 2008, 1:43am

The Encyclopedias are for reference, I don't believe many of us check them regularly, mostly just when we're looking for something or bored.

New ships and designs usually come through the Ship Designs board, or in a few cases, through news and industry reports when the player doesn't want feedback on the design first.

Monday, March 24th 2008, 1:48am

Quoted

The agreement didn't include any mention to lay for other navies, missed to include that part because I thought you guys read the encyclopedias and was implied that they could build ships for other navies. :D :rolleyes: If India is prohibited to build it I guess Iberia could build this ship but the winning design was the Indian one so I guess it's stay the same.

Just saying it because those pesky Commonwealth Lawyers are probably going to point at the KA. :)

Monday, March 24th 2008, 2:08am

Of course, Australia isn't too happy that SATSUMA is getting a shiny new BC. Now where did I leave those Attorny Drones...

Monday, March 24th 2008, 2:25am

Quoted

If I was a SAER member, then I would be concerned about these ships being built even though they are going to Peru. After all, if SAER and SATSUMA go to war, is India actually going to deliver a shiny fast battleship to Peru, rather than adding it to India's own toybox? I seem to remember how Agincourt and Erin entered the British Navy, after all.

Monday, March 24th 2008, 3:18am

Quoted

Originally posted by Hrolf Hakonson
I'm not sure what SEAR has to do with it, neither India nor Iberia are signatories of that treaty.

Are we forgeting India is part of SATSUMA, the very alliance that SEAR targets by name? Iberia is not part of SEAR but is very close to the Netherlands (who is), a natural enemy of India. How good are relations post SEAR?

Quoted

Originally posted by Hrolf Hakonson
Peru has purchased ships from India as far back as when I was running Peru, when Peru purchased Huascar from India.

Before SEAR, yes.

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
If I was a SAER member, then I would be concerned about these ships being built even though they are going to Peru. After all, if SAER and SATSUMA go to war, is India actually going to deliver a shiny fast battleship to Peru, rather than adding it to India's own toybox? I seem to remember how Agincourt and Erin entered the British Navy, after all.

Indeed, a "cute" way to skirt the rules, definately not with the spirit of the treaty.

Monday, March 24th 2008, 4:03am

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
Of course, Australia isn't too happy that SATSUMA is getting a shiny new BC. Now where did I leave those Attorny Drones...

If Australia had offered Poland her old Iron Duke BB as a straight trade for the shiny new BC, SAER would have her. I might still build her sister though, with the proceeds from the sale of Warsawa or build something more practical. It would be quite amusing though, if I build her sister for the Aussies, and SAER and SATSUMA go to war.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TheCanadian" (Mar 24th 2008, 4:06am)

Monday, March 24th 2008, 3:09pm

Argentina is very concerned at these developments given the unlikelyhood of new Argentine battleships and the lack of will among the Naval Staff to buy used.

Great Britain looks on, if for export then everything is ok. GB would expect in wartime for India to aquire this ship, it is only natural. It's just a case of wait and see.

Monday, March 24th 2008, 4:08pm

The Colombians would certainly feel the same way as Argentina, there were no plans to aquire any battleships, that may change though.