You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, February 1st 2010, 11:53pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
IC: Japan disagrees with the Atlanteans. The fact that there are British soldiers burried in France and Belgium does not mean that those nations should become British just because the British have their dead burried there.

The VERY obvious diference being only the Chilean being buried on the Paracels and no Chinese nor Veitnamese, so your comparison is an epic fail.....

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10Chile has no business on the West side of the Pacific. The only legitimate claims on the Paracel Islands are those of China and Indochina (and not Vietnam). In our eyes, the best solution is to split the island group in two and hand one half over to China and the other half over to Indochina. The exact division to be determined by the members of the League of Nations. That way, everybody's happy about the fate of a bunch of rocks sticking above the water.

Sadly, Japan doesn't get to make that decision on their own and if they don't like it they, and their silly unibrow virus nonsence, can quite frankly sod off. :)

...and as long as the Chinese and their Japanese cheerleading squad wish to exclude the Indochinese claim due to French involvement the Paracels, they will remain as a mandate not in the hands of either party.

OOC: In fact if Atlantis could, it would petition for the hand over of mandate juristiction from the Iberians to the Dutch just to make a point to certain nations, though I am starting to think Foxy is on to something...

Tuesday, February 2nd 2010, 2:43am

IC:
"Poland proposes to demolish the islands with explosives too a point that no part of with will raise above the water table.
Under one million cubic meters of earth that Spratly Islands is composed of can be moved easily.Poland is willing too fund this endeavor. We are also quite certain that this idea will be well received by the Philippians."

OOC:
I'm am quite serious about this.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Marek Gutkowski" (Feb 2nd 2010, 2:47am)

Tuesday, February 2nd 2010, 5:56pm

Canada's been looking for a quaint, out-of-the-way place to test large amounts of new explosives.

Tuesday, February 2nd 2010, 7:57pm

Quoted

I'd suggest you stop handwaving around your unibrow virus as a distraction, stop glossing over the facts, and pay attention to the actual debate, here.

Correct me if I am wrong but the actual debate here is about the Paracels and not the Spratleys and I gave a suggestion that is fair to both sides to which you could easily have given a proper reply with your opinion. I am paying attention to the actual debate yet you completely ignored my suggestion. :(

Regarding the claims, part you use is historical and the 1930 Chinese bit I could not find because "Spratley" was spelled without the 'e' (since you found that Chinese bit, you could have pointed it out in the Chinese thread that I obviously failed to find that bit... which you didn't do). Now France/Indochina never disputed the Filipino 1924 claim on the Spratleys. So either the claim never existed or they no longer care about the claim and consider the mainland more important than the Spratleys (though most likely Adm. K never knew about the existence of the claim). Whatever the case, you do not control France nor do I to make the final decision on that. Agent148 does so he can easily state whether the claim exists or not or whether it has been dropped or still stands.

Sorry for being such a lousy user of the search option. Feel free to hit me for that if it will make you feel better.

... Just make sure you hit me hard enough so I am out until the middle of May or so. :)

Quoted

The VERY obvious diference being only the Chilean being buried on the Paracels and no Chinese nor Veitnamese, so your comparison is an epic fail.....

*whispering* Wes, it's 'Vietnamese' not 'Veitnamese' and at this point in time, it's Indochina and not Vietnam

Yes, I love to compare apples with oranges. :)

The British had something they needed to do in France (help out an ally). The Chileans had absolutely no business on the other side of the ocean (pot... kettle... I know, but it's ShinRa's/Canada's job to mention that to me/Japan, right? :) ). The least they could have done was to take the stiff ... *ahem* deceased home and bury him there where he belongs rather than to stuff the poor bastard into the ground of some God forsaken island. :)

Quoted

Sadly, Japan doesn't get to make that decision on their own and if they don't like it they, and their silly unibrow virus nonsence, can quite frankly sod off.

...and as long as the Chinese and their Japanese cheerleading squad wish to exclude the Indochinese claim due to French involvement the Paracels, they will remain as a mandate not in the hands of either party.

First of all, just because you're Canadian does not mean you're allowed to steal Shinra's job to have his Canadians tell the Japanese to Sod off. :D

Secondly, reading your reply, I'm not sure if you read my bit correctly. It was Japan's belief that the best solution (after the "blowing up the islands" solution of Poland) is to split the island group in two between China and Indochina so I am not excluding Indochina's claim. Also the exact division is to be determined by the members of the League of Nations and at no point did I say that Japan is going to make that decision.

... so rather than trying to ignore me and my ideas (as usual), I would like to know what you/Atlantis (as well asthe other members of the LoN) think (either IC or OOC) of that idea and, if it is a good suggestion, what the fairest way is to split up the islands.

Quoted

Canada's been looking for a quaint, out-of-the-way place to test large amounts of new explosives.

You go the Canadian North to do that. I've flown over it numerous times and it is just completely empty. You can blow up a big bomb there and no one will ever know. :)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Rooijen10" (Feb 2nd 2010, 7:58pm)

Tuesday, February 2nd 2010, 8:31pm

Quoted

Quoted

I'd suggest you stop handwaving around your unibrow virus as a distraction, stop glossing over the facts, and pay attention to the actual debate, here.

Correct me if I am wrong but the actual debate here is about the Paracels and not the Spratleys and I gave a suggestion that is fair to both sides to which you could easily have given a proper reply with your opinion. I am paying attention to the actual debate yet you completely ignored my suggestion. :(

I'm still considering your suggestion. Personally, I'd like the debate to Just Go Away and so I'd prefer the Polish suggestion from sheer orneriness. :P

Quoted

Regarding the claims, part you use is historical and the 1930 Chinese bit I could not find because "Spratley" was spelled without the 'e' (since you found that Chinese bit, you could have pointed it out in the Chinese thread that I obviously failed to find that bit... which you didn't do).

I just realized yesterday that I was misspelling it 'Spratley' as well, so I just found that post myself yesterday. I didn't know that you were misspelling it too, so I figured you had found it already.

Quoted

Now France/Indochina never disputed the Filipino 1924 claim on the Spratleys. So either the claim never existed or they no longer care about the claim and consider the mainland more important than the Spratleys (though most likely Adm. K never knew about the existence of the claim).

That is likely a correct analysis, IMHO.

Quoted

The Chileans had absolutely no business on the other side of the ocean.

I was under the impression they were making port calls, but that might be wrong. I'll have to go back and look.

Tuesday, February 2nd 2010, 8:42pm

Quoted

I'm still considering your suggestion. Personally, I'd like the debate to Just Go Away and so I'd prefer the Polish suggestion from sheer orneriness.

I'm all in favor of unleashing Canadian Super Science on those islands and see what happens. :D

Quoted

I was under the impression they were making port calls, but that might be wrong. I'll have to go back and look.

Wasn't it something with the South China Sea pirates?

Tuesday, February 2nd 2010, 8:43pm

Mexico suggests that the parties involve solve this dspute the old way, just have a shootout over the islands, while everyone else charters a few cruise ships and watches the battle. The last man standing gets the islands.

Tuesday, February 2nd 2010, 8:48pm

Quoted

Quoted

Wasn't it something with the South China Sea pirates?

Looking back in the posts, it appears so.

Tuesday, February 2nd 2010, 10:37pm

Quoted

Quoted

I'm still considering your suggestion. Personally, I'd like the debate to Just Go Away and so I'd prefer the Polish suggestion from sheer orneriness.

I'm all in favor of unleashing Canadian Super Science on those islands and see what happens. :D

Well If Canadians fail 5000 Polish gastarbeiters with shovels will get the job done.

Tuesday, February 2nd 2010, 11:43pm

Quoted

*whispering* Wes, it's 'Vietnamese' not 'Veitnamese' and at this point in time, it's Indochina and not Vietnam

Yes, I love to compare apples with oranges. :)

The British had something they needed to do in France (help out an ally). The Chileans had absolutely no business on the other side of the ocean (pot... kettle... I know, but it's ShinRa's/Canada's job to mention that to me/Japan, right? :) ). The least they could have done was to take the stiff ... *ahem* deceased home and bury him there where he belongs rather than to stuff the poor bastard into the ground of some God forsaken island. :)

First of all, just because you're Canadian does not mean you're allowed to steal Shinra's job to have his Canadians tell the Japanese to Sod off. :D

Secondly, reading your reply, I'm not sure if you read my bit correctly. It was Japan's belief that the best solution (after the "blowing up the islands" solution of Poland) is to split the island group in two between China and Indochina so I am not excluding Indochina's claim. Also the exact division is to be determined by the members of the League of Nations and at no point did I say that Japan is going to make that decision.

... so rather than trying to ignore me and my ideas (as usual), I would like to know what you/Atlantis (as well as the other members of the LoN) think (either IC or OOC) of that idea and, if it is a good suggestion, what the fairest way is to split up the islands.

1) Maybe if you come up with idea's that sound good to me I may stop "egnoring" you.
2) Maybe if you stop trying to be cute and point out every little typo in my posts in an attempt to make me look like an idiot I might have the inclination to listen to you.
3) Maybe if you cut down on the unibrow type silliness your, posts will be less clutered and your point may be made a little more clearly.

...or the alternative is to continue to acuse me of egnoring everything you say, continue to point out my typo's and cluter your posts with sillyness and continue to wonder why you seem to be constantly on my bad side.

Now, onto your idea, in short no, I don't agree with spliting it up, frankly at this point I am with those who feel the Island should be blown to smitherines. At least then we would know that even if someone decided to post more troops, planes and ships on the Islands then there is actual square footage to acomidate them, it wouldn't happen, because the island isn't there. :)

Wednesday, February 3rd 2010, 12:46am

Latvia suggests that the islands be given to it. It would solve any debate over it, and I have a reason to expand the fleet. :D

Wednesday, February 3rd 2010, 5:18pm

Quoted

Now, onto your idea, in short no, I don't agree with spliting it up, frankly at this point I am with those who feel the Island should be blown to smitherines.

Well, as indicated, that's the first solution I would use as well:

Quoted

It was Japan's belief that the best solution (after the "blowing up the islands" solution of Poland) is to split the island group in two between China and Indochina

... So after blowing up the islands, what would your second solution be to solve this dispute (if you have one)?

Quoted

At least then we would know that even if someone decided to post more troops, planes and ships on the Islands then there is actual square footage to acomidate them, it wouldn't happen, because the island isn't there.

Yes, but I would not be surprised if someone were to tie a bunch of ships together and use that to replace those islands so they can still post more troops, planes and ships there... There is a certain person here (and I won't mention Desertfox's name) who's devious enough to do something like that.

Wednesday, February 3rd 2010, 6:17pm

Quoted

Yes, but I would not be surprised if someone were to tie a bunch of ships together and use that to replace those islands so they can still post more troops, planes and ships there... There is a certain person here (and I won't mention Desertfox's name) who's devious enough to do something like that.

Use a bunch of ships? That's too expensive... I'll just drag an iceberg over and install a cooling system... :D

Wednesday, February 3rd 2010, 6:24pm

Pykrete! o_O

Wednesday, February 3rd 2010, 7:47pm

IC:
"Poland puts forward a motion for a vote on erasing the Island in question from the map."
OOC:
If it falls then nothing changes if it goes thou...
BOOM!!!
Problem solved.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Marek Gutkowski" (Feb 3rd 2010, 7:51pm)

Wednesday, February 3rd 2010, 8:51pm

Oh, yeah. I forgot one...

1) Unleash Canadian Super Science on those islands and see what happens.

2) Blow them to hell.

3) Divide them evenly.

Wednesday, February 3rd 2010, 9:00pm

The Chinese delegate rises from his chair and walks slowly toward the podium.

My government has asked me, to announce the following statement ....

China will not participate in any further discussion, and sees the status quo as not negotiable.

This means that the Paracel Islands are and remain Iberian mandate until 1945. At this time, negotiations
with the relevant nations are led to make a final decision on the fate of the islands at the latest.

The Spratleys were solely philipinne territory, so has the CONDOMINIUM-act full force and effect.
Thus, there will be no withdrawal of any kind of troops.

signed

Chiang Kai Chek
Primeminister

Having said this, Dong Seng Fen folded the paper, and leaves the LON in the direction of the Chinese Embassy.

Thursday, February 4th 2010, 12:36am

Hopefully the Chinese delegation doesn't walk out on those discusssions too!

Friday, February 5th 2010, 1:17pm

To late Wes you just missed them!

Friday, February 5th 2010, 2:21pm

Quoted

Originally posted by parador
Having said this, Dong Seng Fen folded the paper, and leaves the LON in the direction of the Chinese Embassy.

....or to use the vernacular.......
"I'm taking my ball and going home!"
:D