You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, February 29th 2008, 9:49pm

Way OOC

*The remaining Bulgarian representative bets the Australian representative twenty pounds to try a two-minute handstand on the front steps of the Palace of Nations.*

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Brockpaine" (Feb 29th 2008, 9:50pm)

Friday, February 29th 2008, 9:49pm

the Indian delegate watched the Australian "performance" and have a broader smile this time. "Is refreshing to see that at least the Australians don't have any reservations to show what they thinking." was his thought before turning to an aide and ask him how the stock of his toothpaste company he was receiving endorsements payments was doing today.

Friday, February 29th 2008, 9:55pm

Having some fun

The Polish and Romanian delegates, each seeing what the Bulgarians were up too, send a message over to the Bulgarian delegtion saying they would like in on this too, and they bet 20 pounds that he can't. They also inquire as to whether the Bulgarians would like to place a bet on whether or not there's going to be a scrap between the Indian, Atlantean, and Dutch delegations.

Friday, February 29th 2008, 9:58pm

RE: Having some fun

Quoted

Originally posted by TheCanadian
The Polish and Romanian delegates, each seeing what the Bulgarians were up too, send a message over to the Bulgarian delegtion saying they would like in on this too, and they bet 20 pounds that he can't. They also inquire as to whether the Bulgarians would like to place a bet on whether or not there's going to be a scrap between the Indian, Atlantean, and Dutch delegations.

The Bulgarian observers don't think the Aussie can manage a handstand either, but they are divided on whether or not the arguing parties will fight.

...after all, they carry those nifty sword-canes for a reason, don't they...?

The Bulgarian observers both hope the Chinese avoid displaying their ancient martial art of "Gun Pow Bang" ;)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Brockpaine" (Feb 29th 2008, 10:02pm)

Friday, February 29th 2008, 10:03pm

The Romanian delegation, sends a reply back to the Bulgarian delegation.

"We are currently betting 10 pounds on a fight. If you wish you can place individual bets. Mr. Beck from the Polish delegation has kindly offered to take all bets on the matter. Also should there be a fight, we will of course start a bet as too whether or not the Indian delegate with the shiny teeth gets his endorsement knocked out."

Mr. Beck sends an aide for some sunglasses, because the glare off the Indian delegates teeth is hurting his eyes.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "TheCanadian" (Feb 29th 2008, 10:06pm)

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Friday, February 29th 2008, 10:34pm

Frank Reuter, Netherlands LON Delegate :

Mr. Beck, I do not believe I have called my Bharat colleague names, cast aspersions on his character, or in other manner insulted him or insinuated hidden motives. I have merely found it exceedingly interesting that he insists the French have no rights to administer Indochina while also insisting that his nation is adhering to a treaty that explicitly recognizes French rights to administer Indochina. That viewpoint has formed a stumbling block in regards to sending the matter to the Permanent Court of International Justice for an advisory opinion as to the merits of the case.

In response to the Australian delegate,
I am uncertain when the Vietnamese claim originated, but from the 1600s through the 1800s they claimed the islands, and, from my understanding, had some sort of garrison from the 1700s through the 1800s. That is the claim that must be dealt with or waived to clear the title in China's favor.

The Chinese, a much older Empire, have indicated they preceded the Vietnamese. I presume they are well prepared to demonstrate that discovery and show settlement and exercise of sovereignty substantially predating the Vietnamese, whether through written records or archaeological evidence.

I am of course willing to hear the French proposal, but it does not sound like Bharat is willing to acknowledge France's standing to make a proposal in this matter. I still believe that rather than squabbling over the matter, we should leave it to the judicial body to carefully examine and advise.

Friday, February 29th 2008, 11:01pm

The Aussie:

"Can do mate..."

*chugs another can of beer, staggers outside...*

Friday, February 29th 2008, 11:30pm

*The Bulgarian observers follow, one producing a stopwatch.*

Observer One: "If he makes it past the first minute mark, I'll still give him ten pounds even if he doesn't finish."

Observer Two: "If he breaks his neck, are you going to pay his medical bills, too?"

Observer One: "God and saints protect him..."

Friday, February 29th 2008, 11:51pm

The Romanian delgation except for Mr. Titulescu whom they leave behind to mind the shop follow the drunk Aussie, and the two Bulgarians outside.

Delegate One: "Well looks like the fool is going to try it. How much did he have to drink anyhow?"
Delegate Two: "Who knows? I mean you know how those Aussie's are. He has a good idea though," takes out a case of beer. and hands it too the other delegate.
Delegate One: "Wherever did you get that?" as he takes a slug of his beer.
Delegate Two: "Father always said be prepared for anything. Beer gentlemen?" He asks the Bulgarians. "There's one for you too, once your done down there," he says to the Aussie on his head.

Inside the League of Nations

Mr. Beck's response
Mr. Reuter, the dislike between your nation and that of Bhrat is legendary. All you two are doing is discussing something that really needs no discussing. Gentlemen, we saw what happened last time we had a dispute in the league. Harsh words were spoken, especially from the Romanian and Atlantean delegations. Need we go through that again? Neither of you two nations have a claim to those islands, and have only an interest in them because your territories lie somewhat close to the area in question. All this discussion is pointless. Im going to go see how the Aussie is doing.

Leaves the building, goes up to the Romanian delegation and takes a beer.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TheCanadian" (Mar 1st 2008, 12:01am)

Saturday, March 1st 2008, 1:28am

Iberia's 2 cent.....

Enough of this diplomatic double talk, he thought
The chief Iberian delegate, Don Juan De La Fuente, rose slowly from his chair, giving his old arthritic knees time to accept the change his movement forced upon them.

"My learned colleagues, fellow delegates, friends." He cast his gaze across the assembly, "We find ourselves in an interesting, unfolding situation. It would appear that there are issues that have to cleared up first."

He looked directly at the Chairman of this session of the League,
"Firstly, is China not requesting the cessation of the mandate, with the return of the Islands to full Chinese control?"

He looked towards the French delegates, and from them to the Chinese,
"Secondly, is China prepared to wait for France to conduct it's investigations into Indochina's possible historical claim to the Islands?"

"And finally," he said, fixing the chief Chinese delegate with a stare, "did the Chinese delegation have prior knowledge of the Indian delegations intent to foil their hopes of reclaiming the Paracels, for if they hadn't raised the Indochinese issue, China would have possibly regained the islands by now. I have to wonder how weak are the bonds in SATSUMA, that one of the founder nations would deliberately weaken an ally's position to fight the corner of a nation that has no affiliation to them now, and may never have in the future"

He stooped to pick up his notes, preparing to leave the hall, "My learned colleagues, fellow delegates, friends, kindly inform me as to when SATSUMA has it's own house in order, then maybe we can clear this little issue up. In the meantime, I have more important thing to tend to!!". He turned, walking stiffly from the meeting.

Saturday, March 1st 2008, 2:39am

OOC: The best diplomatic performance yet!

Saturday, March 1st 2008, 2:58pm

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
OOC: The best diplomatic performance yet!

Thank you Sir!!

Monday, March 3rd 2008, 2:08pm

The Chinese delegate Dong Sen Feng, rose from his chair

"My dear Don Juan De La Fuente you are surely right. We have some issues, which have to be cleared !

First of all, let me make it clear that China is not applied for the change of mandate from Iberia to China !
Rather, the application of China is to terminate the mandate and give the islands back to China.

About the indochinese issue let me say the following:

China didn't brought this issue to the table, but now it's here and we have to find a solution !

In Indochinese protocol you can read, that the referendum regarding the indipendence has to take place
by no later than 1 September 1950. It is not that they should only be held. She could take place at any
time earlier. Maybe the population is now willing to carry this vote ? Is it not also a task for France to determine exactly this?

Furthermore, the protocol is that each member of the SATSUMA Alliance, recognizes and respectes the existing borders of Indochina, at the signing of the Protocol. Thus, the Paracel Islands are definitely not part of the protocol, because, they were, at the signing, definitely not part of the national territory of Indochina ! That's what the government of China thought !

However, everyone can see that it is very important for China to find a peaceful solution for this conflict, China will make the following last concession.

China agrees to discuss with the government of an independent Indochina on the rightful ownership of the paracel islands and if it's neccessary to return the islands back to Indochina.

Saturday, March 15th 2008, 2:42am

OOC: So... What happened to the discussion?

Saturday, March 15th 2008, 6:33am

Scruffy didn't find it too compelling and went back to sweeping the halls at the Canadian Consulate.

Saturday, March 15th 2008, 7:05am

Well the Poles and the Romanians are sitting outside drinking beer and watching the drunk Aussie try and stand on his head. If they have anymore shots, they are going to be joining him.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Saturday, March 15th 2008, 9:28am

RE: Government of France replies to the Chinese delegate

OOC: I rather thought we had somewhat adjourned to while the French worked on something. It could be that it got kicked to the Permanent Court of Justice. Folks were leaving in boredom or frustration, etc. I rather thought it was done when the Iberians left and others wandered out.

About the only things we seem to have decided were:

A. No pressing reason for the mandate now, it could be dissolved.

B. There may be 2 historical claiments.

C. There was a (considerable) sticking point in that Bahrat and China would not recognize France's authority to simply waive Vietnamese territorial claims as the Dutch had suggested to expedite this.
So they wanted to delay until 1945 to finish this as a Chinese-Viet matter, but China wants the islands in the interim. However it's usually bad form to award contested property to one of two plaintiffs for 10 years prior resolution.

D. People seemed to agreeable to the idea that the Permanent Court of Justice's was an appropriate forum to figure out historical ownership.

I never did get why we couldn't just kick it to the court for investigation and get it's recommendation as to the legal owner, and worry about French authority or lack of same later. After all, a ruling for China means the Viet claim is irrelevant regardless of who's in charge.

Quoted

Originally posted by AdmKuznetsov
To that end we are creating a special governmental investigation committee drawn from French and Indochinese advisors to determine the best resolution to China's claims, without prejudice to Indochina's position.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Kaiser Kirk" (Mar 15th 2008, 9:48am)

Sunday, March 16th 2008, 4:36am

Atlantis agrees with the Dutch, again.

Guess that makes me a colonialist!

Monday, July 28th 2008, 10:36am

OOC: Finally he is here ....

the new player for france ;). This allows us, to finally come to an end of the discussion on the return of the Paracel Islands to China.

Tuesday, August 5th 2008, 12:12pm

The Chinese delegate Dong Sen Feng askes his french counterpart, how our french friends see the situation ?