You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, February 24th 2008, 3:14pm

Flags and Symbols

Since I love flags, coats of arms, nationality markings etc, I wonder what markings are your country using? I am especially interested in the a-historical countries.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Sunday, February 24th 2008, 3:40pm

Black eagle on black ground..... ;o)

Makes it easier to add skull and bones. ^^

Sunday, February 24th 2008, 3:50pm

I had the flag for Atlantis posted at one time, a red flag with a black bull in the center and a gold triton in the upper right hand side. One of its enduring symbols has been the Labrys (double headed axe).

Sunday, February 24th 2008, 4:55pm

A collection of Australian Flags I've made up. The Blue one with a red kangaroo (middle row) is the actual flag of WW Australia.

This flag is not my own, but is the Battle Ensign of the Royal Australian Navy.

All Mexican flags are historical.

Sunday, February 24th 2008, 5:26pm

That battle ensign is great!

I will be using this as a nationality marking on aircraft and tanks

Sunday, February 24th 2008, 6:45pm

This is the new national flag of Siam. I do all my own colors in N-verse, so I decided to do the same for Siam. It's based on both the modern Thai flag and an older Siamese flag.

I'll be working on a naval ensign and army standard soon.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Carthaginian" (Feb 24th 2008, 6:45pm)

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Sunday, February 24th 2008, 7:01pm

I've never really thought about it. Graphics do not seem to be my thing.

The Kingdom of the Netherlands would use the Dutch flag.
The Kingdom of Belgium would use the Belgian flag.

There probably is a UKN flag & seal for rare occasions, and I am sure there is are Kingdom of the Kongo and Grand Duchy of Ubangi-Shari flags, just do not know what they would be.

I use the House of Orange coat of arms on the left though :)

Sunday, February 24th 2008, 7:18pm

Kaiser Kirk

Sunday, February 24th 2008, 7:34pm

Thanks Fox, but the flag of the Kingdom of the Kongo most definitely would not be that of the Congo Free State.

The Congo Free state was King Leopold II's creation, under which he ruthlessly plundered the Congo for resources- particularly rubber and ivory. His Force Publique troops enforced his reign through terror and murder. It is estimated the population of the Congo fell by 1/3 to 1/2 - giving a range of up to 15million dead.

The Congo Free State is what was abolished when Queen Wilhelmina replaced Leopold and used her Household troops to free the land of the Force Publique troops. This is why the peoples of the Kingdom of the Kongo view the Queen as a liberator.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kaiser Kirk" (Feb 24th 2008, 7:35pm)

Sunday, February 24th 2008, 7:44pm

Or Perhaps the Flag & CoA of the Kingdom of Kongo, red saltire on white

Sunday, February 24th 2008, 7:47pm

This image Congo Coat of Arms shows a coat of arms for the Belgium Congo. A gold lion on a black shield, on a blue field bisected by a white line. Looks like good flag material to me.

Kaiser Kirk

Sunday, February 24th 2008, 8:13pm

Anything to do with the historic Belgian Congo would be out the window. The peoples of the Kongo only have bad memories, and in the older age brackets- amputations (1), and the Queen would certainly not want to link the new Kingdom to the legacy of Leopold's Congo Free State.

The flag would likely combine heraldic references to both Africa and the House of Orange. Perhaps the Orange lions supporting a shield of the Zulu type- like in that link, emblazoned with recognizably African animal, like an Elephant's head. Or some mix like that.

Edit : Some poking around has found a "Royal Standard" Wilhelmina adopted in 1908, that could be the base for the UKN, while the Congo featured a Leopard's head for a bit, and a Rhino on stamps, no elephants. I may be able to cobble something together without too much effort.

(1)Historically, members of Force Publique were to supply a hand or ear for every round of ammunition expended. So you had a number of amputees.

Here's a quote from Wiki on the depopulation :
In the absence of a census (the first was taken in 1924),[9] it is even more difficult to quantify the population loss of the period. Casement's 1904 report set it at 3 million for just twelve of the twenty years Leopold's regime lasted; Forbath, at least 5 million; Adam Hochschild, 10 million; the Encyclopædia Britannica gives a total population decline of 8 million to 30 million.[citation needed]

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Kaiser Kirk" (Feb 24th 2008, 8:56pm)

Sunday, February 24th 2008, 9:05pm

:D

Sunday, February 24th 2008, 11:02pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Carthaginian
This is the new national flag of Siam. I do all my own colors in N-verse, so I decided to do the same for Siam. It's based on both the modern Thai flag and an older Siamese flag.

I'll be working on a naval ensign and army standard soon.

With the exception of the gold ring, it looks like the one Swampy and I used!!!

Excellent taste Sir!!

Monday, February 25th 2008, 4:33am

Janet Jacksons wardrobe malfunction was the inspiration for the Federación de Estados Hispanos (FEH) (Federation of Hispanic States) Flag.

http://www.geocities.com/alt_naval4/index.htm

Cheers,

Monday, February 25th 2008, 5:04am

Bulgarian Flag:

Bulgarian War Flag (never lost in battle):

Bulgarian Naval Jack:

Bulgarian Naval Ensign:

Sunday, March 9th 2008, 3:47am

decided to have a new ensign