You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, February 11th 2008, 11:14am

How the League look ?????

permanent (10 Countries):
SAE => Player (HoomAn)
US => Player (Canis)
Nordmark => Player (Earl822)
Atlantis => Player (Smily)
UK => Player (Hood)
Italy => Player (RedAdmiral)
Japan => Player (Rooijen)
France => Player (AdmKuznet)
Russia => Player (AdmKuznet)
Germany => Player (Hrolf)

non-permanent (10 Countries):
Argentina => Player (Hood)
Australlia => Player (Desert)
Chile => Player (Ithekero)
Denmark => Player (CG)
Iberia => Player (CG now)
Mexico => Player (Desert)
Poland => Player (perdedor)
India => Player (perdedor)
China => Player (parador)
Canada => Player (ShinRa)

neither permanent nor non-permanent:
Bulgaria (Brockpaine)
Brazil (Fyrwulf)
Chosen (Salaam)
Colombia (Smily)
Greece (alt_naval)
Persia (Vukovlad)
Peru (perdedor)
Philippines (perdedor)
Romania (TheCanadian)
Turkey (Smily)
Yugoslavia (Tantalus)

List modified ;)

any other comments ?

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "parador" (Feb 11th 2008, 4:27pm)

Monday, February 11th 2008, 12:17pm

I thought we went for 8-8, the idea being that otherwise you get too many nation in the Council. At 8-8, we already have more nations in the Council than historical.

... but if we go for 10-10, the most logical choices for the permanent members are Germany and Russia. You'd need three non-permanent members then. China, India, Canada?

Monday, February 11th 2008, 3:38pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
I thought we went for 8-8, the idea being that otherwise you get too many nation in the Council. At 8-8, we already have more nations in the Council than historical.

... but if we go for 10-10, the most logical choices for the permanent members are Germany and Russia. You'd need three non-permanent members then. China, India, Canada?

I agree with the two permanent ones. I guess China and India could take the nonpermanent posts.

Monday, February 11th 2008, 3:57pm

Three nitpicks about the list...

Bulgaria - Brockpaine
Romania - TheCanadian
Yugoslavia - Tantalus

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Monday, February 11th 2008, 5:58pm

What is the "neither permanent nor non-permanent:" category for ?

Monday, February 11th 2008, 5:59pm

members that are non voting?

Monday, February 11th 2008, 6:01pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Kaiser Kirk
What is the "neither permanent nor non-permanent:" category for ?

Nations not on the Council of Twenty.

Monday, February 11th 2008, 6:03pm

Voting so far:

permanent (10 Countries):
SAE => Player (HoomAn)
US => Player (Canis)
Nordmark => Player (Earl822)
Atlantis => Player (Smily) Aye
UK => Player (Hood)
Italy => Player (RedAdmiral)
Japan => Player (Rooijen)
France => Player (AdmKuznet)
Russia => Player (AdmKuznet) forced to abstain
Germany => Player (Hrolf) Aye

non-permanent (10 Countries):
Argentina => Player (Hood)
Australlia => Player (Desert) Nay
Chile => Player (Ithekero) abstain
Denmark => Player (CG)
Iberia => Player (CG now)
Mexico => Player (Desert) abstain
Poland => Player (perdedor) forced to abstain
India => Player (perdedor) Aye
China => Player (parador)
Canada => Player (ShinRa) Aye

neither permanent nor non-permanent:
Bulgaria (Brockpaine)
Brazil (Fyrwulf)
Chosen (Salaam)
Colombia (Smily)
Greece (alt_naval)
Persia (Vukovlad)
Peru (perdedor)
Philippines (perdedor)
Romania (TheCanadian)
Turkey (Smily)
Yugoslavia (Tantalus)

Monday, February 11th 2008, 6:07pm

What are we meant to be voting on, and do the permanent members overule the non-permanent ones?

Monday, February 11th 2008, 6:09pm

Where is the Neatherlands and her neighbors?

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Monday, February 11th 2008, 6:32pm

So places like Lithuania, Czechoslovakia, Bolivia, Paraguay, EAS, Hungary, The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Ireland, and Siam should all be on that part.

Edit : Which I suppose would then be :

Belgium (Kaiser Kirk)
Brazil (Fyrwulf)
Bulgaria (Brockpaine)
Bolivia (NPC)
Chosen (Salaam)
Czechoslovakia (NPC)
Colombia (Smily)
East African State (Red Admiral)
Greece (alt_naval)
Hungary (NPC)
Ireland (NPC)
Lithuania (Agent 148 )
Luxembourg (Kaiser Kirk)
Netherlands (Kaiser Kirk)
Paraguay (NPC)
Persia (Vukovlad)
Peru (perdedor)
Philippines (perdedor)
Romania (TheCanadian)
Siam (CG again?)
Switzerland (NPC)
Turkey (Smily)
Yugoslavia (Tantalus)

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Kaiser Kirk" (Feb 11th 2008, 6:42pm)

Monday, February 11th 2008, 6:41pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Red Admiral
What are we meant to be voting on, and do the permanent members overule the non-permanent ones?

IIRC the Council decisions need to be unanimious. Australia already made the point moot by voting nay.

Monday, February 11th 2008, 6:43pm

Australia hasn't voted yet, they are however planning to vote no, but there is still time to sway them...

Monday, February 11th 2008, 6:44pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
Australia hasn't voted yet, they are however planning to vote no, but there is still time to sway them...

the post seemed like they did. Still a new vote could be taken at later date and indeed you will see Atlantis trying to sway that vote.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Feb 11th 2008, 6:45pm)

Monday, February 11th 2008, 6:47pm

Quoted

What is the "neither permanent nor non-permanent:" category for?

Those nations that at the moment are not a member of the Council. the Non-permanent members are elected by the Assembly for a three-year period so a nation that is 'neither permanent nor non-permanent' today could be a non-permanent member 3 years from now.

Looking at pictures of those Council Sessions, I get the impression that nations that are currently not part of the Council do have a representative present and probably are allowed to make statements regarding certain issues but the final decisions are made by the members of the Council.

Quoted

I think we are voting on some proposal from Persia. Before I cast Japan's vote, I will have to carefully study that bit.
Regarding the other part, looking at wikipedia gives me this:

Quoted

Another major power, the Soviet Union, was a member only from 1934, when it joined to antagonise Germany (which had left the year before), to December 14, 1939, when it was expelled for aggression against Finland. In expelling the Soviet Union, the League broke its own norms. Only 7 out of 15 members of the Council voted for the expelling (Great Britain, France, Belgium, Bolivia, Egypt, South African Union and the Dominican Republic), which was not a majority of votes as was required by the Charter to do so.

... so any voting requires a majority and does not need to be unanimous. Under normal conditions, I believe that the permanent members do not overrule the non-permanent but it is possible that the business with the Soviet Union might be a case of permanent members (Great Britain and France) overruling non-permanent members.

... but all this is just speculation on my part.

Monday, February 11th 2008, 7:06pm

I'd say we keep it at the Council of Sixteen (8/8) and make a majority vote sufficient for most things (for instance, calling for a ceasefire in Lithuania).

I was under the impression that we were discussing things in a special session of the General Assembly.

Rooijen, the Persian Proposal encompasses the following:

1. Authorizing a LoN Task Force (to be composed of nations not allied to either Poland or Lithuania/Russia)
2. Immediate ceasefire
3. Withdrawal of all foreign troops in Lithuania
4. Peace talks to begin as soon as the cease fire is in effect
5. The Wilno Republic to be under LoN administration for the duration of the talks
6. The Wilno republic forces to put their arms under LoN control for the duration of the talks

With the exception of a LON force, the proposal is similar to one advanced by Nordmark at the beginning of the crisis, but the Persians just got more credit for it ;)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Brockpaine" (Feb 11th 2008, 7:07pm)

Monday, February 11th 2008, 9:30pm

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99
Canada => Player (ShinRa) Aye

Wait, I voted on something? o.O

Monday, February 11th 2008, 9:35pm

Maybe it has something to do with:

Quoted

Originally posted by ShinRa_Inc
On a comic note...

Since Canada isn't here, I have no opportunity to use the following. :\

Monday, February 11th 2008, 9:44pm

Well it doesn't matter, I take a weekend off, and suddenly I have 5 pages of confusing post & counter post to read.

And I haven't voted.

Tuesday, February 12th 2008, 1:08am

Shows what can happen in a wesworld week.

Beware the triple w!