You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, February 11th 2008, 8:13am

Treaty of Dobrich

On August 7th, 1935 the Romanian and Bulgarian Foreign Ministers met to announce a treaty of non-intervention, as well as the annexation of the disputed Southern Dodrudja. Both parties are very pleased with the treaty and speaking for Romania, hopes that this may lead to even closer agreements between the two powers. Romania is also looking into proposing agreements with other balkan powers, Turkey and Greece respectively. The text is as follows

Treaty of Dobrich

The nations of Romania and Bulgaria, in order to more certainly obtain for themselves the benefits of peace, and for the adjustment of certain territorial claims arisen, affirm this treaty for the mutual security of their people.

The Treaty of Non-aggression:
Article I: The high contracting parties agree to forswear any acts of violence, aggressive actions, or any other manner of attack on each other, either individually or jointly with other powers.
Article II: The high contracting parties agree to maintain constant consultation with each other in order to exchange information of mutual interest in order to prevent misunderstandings damaging to the common peace.
Article III: In the event that disputes arise between them, the high contracting parties vow to resolve them through friendly discourse and negotiation, or through the intercession of arbitration commissions.

Treaty of Resolution on the Southern Dobruja:
Article IV: The government of Romania agrees to turn over to the Bulgarian nation the region popularly known as the Southern Dobruja, comprising of the administrative regions of Silistra and Dobrich, on the first day of January in the year 1937.
Article V: The Bulgarian government agrees to pay for the full cost of the relocation of any Romanian citizens currently living within the borders of the above-mentioned region, provided those individuals wish to return to Romania. The Bulgarian government also agrees to pay for the relocation of ethnic Bulgarians living outside the above-mentioned region who wish to move to Bulgarian territory.
Article VI: The Bulgarian government forswears any further claim to territory currently held by the Romanian government.
Article VII: The Bulgarian government agrees to pay for the construction of frontier posts to define the new border, the facilities to be determined upon by mutual consent.

The General Articles
Article IIX: The Nonaggression Treaty detailed above shall take effect as speedily as instruments of ratification can be exchanged, or no later than the 15th of November, 1935, unless publicly denounced prior to that date.
Article IX: The Nonaggression Treaty shall be maintained for twenty years following the exchange of instruments of ratification. Thereupon both powers will be given the opportunity to publicly denounce the Treaty, and if neither choses to do so, the terms will remain in effect for ten years following. The Treaty of Resolution on the Southern Dobruja is to stand in perpetuity.

OOC this should hopefully contribute some interesting remarks, Btw Brock, if August 7th is too early let me know, the reason I picked that date is because its my birthday. Oh and Tanthalas, this does mean I can't support an attack on Bulgaria anymore. Sorry, but you don't share a border with Russia.

Monday, February 11th 2008, 8:48am

Bulgaria adjusts is Foreign Relations assessment of Romania from 'poor' to 'Fair trending to Good'. See Bulgarian News for more...