You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, February 15th 2008, 9:42pm

The Assembly is not the same as the Council.

Friday, February 15th 2008, 9:44pm

Are OTL rules still apply? If yes, Italy"s nay and Japan's possible nay to the proposal as it stands kill it. maybe a new proposal eliminating or modifying point three. Of course we need to end the voting I guess before starting discussions again. :rolleyes:

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Feb 15th 2008, 9:45pm)

Friday, February 15th 2008, 9:50pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
Isn't Fransisco Najera (Mexico) President of the Assembly? Either he or the Czech that followed.

Eduard Benes?

Friday, February 15th 2008, 9:55pm

Quoted

Are OTL rules still apply? If yes, Italy"s nay and Japan's possible nay to the proposal as it stands kill it.

Majority. Majority. If I were to vote Nay (and if you read the other thread it is more likely that I will vote Aye) and Italy has voted Nay, and everyone else votes Aye, it will be accepted.

Quoted

Eduard Benes?

Yes. During the Sixteenth Ordinary Session of the Assembly (Geneva, September 9 - October 11, 1935), the president was Eduard Benes of Czechoslovakia.. not sure when he was elected though.

Saturday, February 16th 2008, 12:57am

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad

Quoted

Aspirations over Armenia and Azerbaijan, predominantly sunni nations that border Turkey. Also calling Turkey a FAR puppet won't win you any points either.

OOC: You know that Armenia is Christian? (see Armenian Genocide) And that most Azeri live in Persia/Iran?

Still, Armenia has passed between Russian Persian and Ottoman rule. Following the great war Armenia was gained by Russia and then ceeded independance rather than handed back to Turkey.

I'd assume that eastern Armenia in wesworld also tried to merge with Georgia and Azerbaijan.

Suffice it to say its been a hot spot between Russia, Turkey and Persia. To this end Turkey has been content on allowing Armenia to remain independant rather than stirring up trouble again.

Saturday, February 16th 2008, 1:17am

OOC: Just to get it straight Russian Armenia was Persian up to 1828. Georgia was also for a very long time in the Persian Sphere.

Saturday, February 16th 2008, 2:12am

Getting abit off topic here but...

Durring the 1500's Armenia was devided up between the Ottomans and the Safavids and Ottoman Armenia lasted for 300 years untill the Russo-Turkish war of 1828/29 when Russia gained eastern Armenia.

Persia's didn't always have full control over Armenia, the Romans, Alexander the Great and the Mongolians also had control at certain points.

Its no secret that Persia longs for the borders of the Safavid empire publically, but Turkey has to wonder if their aspirations are greater, such as the borders of the Achaemenid Empire.

Saturday, February 16th 2008, 2:36am

OOC: Well there is always the Persian/Iranian version of the Megalo Idea, the Iranzamin :D

Saturday, February 16th 2008, 2:46am

Good luck with that.

Canada's gonna stay on it's side of the world until the smoke from all that Russian, British, French, and Lantean artillery clears up a bit.

Saturday, February 16th 2008, 3:08am

Thats basically a map of the Safavid empire, if you want to be alarmed take a look at the borders of the Achaemenid Empire.

The interesting thing is that SATSUMA has just negotiated a land carve up with a Super regional alliance (SEAR), rather than negotiate/hold talks with the smaller defensive alliance (FAR) or even the AANM.

That in itself sends a clear message, threaten and intimidate if you want to talk to SATSUMA.

Saturday, February 16th 2008, 3:25am

Hold talks with FAR? How? Persia's invite to talks were shot down by Russia followed by the Russian Foreign minister declaring China an enemy and finally the Declaration in LoN "we can easily crush you."

BTW were is the AANM treaty text?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Vukovlad" (Feb 16th 2008, 3:27am)

Saturday, February 16th 2008, 3:29am

Bernotas considered the Chinese delegate for a long moment. He couldn't argue with China's depressingly long history of civil wars. The problem was they didn't seem to learn anything from the experience because they kept having them - often for the same reasons, the other ones had been started for - over and over again. Nor could he disagree that a quick and peaceful resolution to the civil war that threatened to tear Lithuania, and perhaps the larger fabric of Europe, apart was a desirable objective.

What he did object to, was the notion that China half-way across the world thought it could do anything about it, or for that matter that anyone would even let them. Either the old boy has had a good one too many again Bernotas thought mildily - come to think of it they really had to start putting a limit on how many alcoholic beverages the delegates were allowed to be served before lunch -- Bernotas shook his mind out of the tangent that it was starting to run into, and continued his original line of thought -- or the cheese had finally and very definitely fallen off Dong Feng Sen's cracker .

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Agent148" (Feb 16th 2008, 3:35am)

Saturday, February 16th 2008, 3:47am

Quoted

Hold talks with FAR? How? Persia's invite to talks were shot down by Russia followed by the Russian Foreign minister declaring China an enemy and finally the Declaration in LoN "we can easily crush you."

A result of totally unwarrented mobilization of Chinese troops on the Russian border and the Chinese presuming to know more about the affairs of Europe than a European nation. Also Russia came to that conclusion after many "wrong signals" from China.

Moderate attempts were made by India with France, but Siam wouldn't have enything to do with it.

Atlantis has always been around to play the role of messanger to the other FAR nations but the only message has been crickets chirping.

Quoted

BTW were is the AANM treaty text?

There is none, I've pressed for it several times.

Saturday, February 16th 2008, 4:00am

What exactly IS AANM, anyway?

Saturday, February 16th 2008, 4:23am

Can't remember the actual name but the alliance includes the Dutch, Italians, Iberians and Danish. The EAS is also part of the alliance IIRC.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Saturday, February 16th 2008, 4:41am

Baron Édouard de Blochausen, Luxembourgian delegate

Gentlemen, please. We are here to discuss an expedient means of bringing peace to Lithuania. Discussion of matters far removed is irrelevant. Discussion of past intentions and real or imagined slights is irrelevant. We need to ensure that the fighting stops in Lithuania.

What are the issues? To some degree they are murky, but the Poles want the Russians home and the Russians want the Poles home. The Poles also want people of Polish ancestry protected in Lithuania, while Lithuania wants its territory peaceful and intact.

An immediate ceasefire and withdrawal of Russian and Polish troops will remove the fuse to this bomb. This should be followed by neutral troops in the Wilno area to ensure regular order and a separation of parties. We recognize this has an unfortunate effect on the sovereignty of Lithuania, but the presence of government soldiers may lead to undesirable incidents. This will be meant as a temporary measure, to buy a period of peace for talks.

The Chinese Delegate has kindly offered to host talks. Should the parties want a closer location, more convenient for conferring with their homes, may I suggest Luxembourg.

OOC : Since SAE is a permanent council member, if it wanted to raise the issue of the South American war, it could& but very early on the League was told to stay out of the Paraguay situation.

As for Bolivia, early on nobody wanted anything, but once somebody asked for the League, the Dutch jumped in and formally proposed it.

Of course, the Indians didnt mention the Saudi plea for League intervention before the Asir war. 8p

As for the AANM treaty text& apparently never got written. So no one knows what it says.

Saturday, February 16th 2008, 5:21am

Sorry, this one slipped by me....

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99
Indian delegate stood:

"Please end the bickering and vote. Them we can start the bickering all over again if you all wish to do so. Meanwhile the situation is deteriorating even further every passing minute. And what you Europeans do? Bicker between yourself. For three years you sat idly while Bolivia and Chile bled themselves. No mention has being made of the current conflict between Argentina and our friends of the South African Empire. Is maybe because everything south of the Equator is too far to even care about it? The League has shown again and again how ineffective they truly are, now another example of how ineffectual they are. Now vote or leave and let the nations trying to do something reach a solution."

May I remind the Indian Ambassador that Atlantis has made repeated attempts to put a halt to hostility's in South America, in Mexico during its own insurrection, and I might add amidst far more foriegn interveintion, in Bolivia were we offered law and order in the form of military MP's and equipment and finally in Paraguay were we hosted talks for both partys to attempt to head off hostility's.

In addition following the Bolivia conflict we attended the La habana talks, hosted by a long time rival to our great nation, Iberia. That alone should show our commitment to peace. Since the talks between Argentina and the SAE failed we have offered a line of communication between the hostile nations. Please, do not lecture to us about who cares about affairs south of the equator sir.

Saturday, February 16th 2008, 8:49am

AANM, the alliance with the coolest name:
Alianza del Atlantico Norte y Mediteraneo (if I got that right).
I did recently talk to one of its members (He-Whose-Name-I-Shal-Not-Mention) and suggested to do something simple and take bits from other existing treaties, paste them together and then edit them so they reflect the AANM nations.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rooijen10" (Feb 16th 2008, 8:49am)

Saturday, February 16th 2008, 8:55am

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
AANM, the alliance with the coolest name:
Alianza del Atlantico Norte y Mediteraneo (if I got that right).

Admittedly, I slept through three years of High School Spanish....but wouldn't it be Norte Atlantico (like it's similarly Notre Americano)? And thus ANAM? And wouldn't it be Caribbean instead of the North Atlantic? o.o

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
I did recently talk to one of its members (He-Whose-Name-I-Shal-Not-Mention) and suggested to do something simple and take bits from other existing treaties, paste them together and then edit them so they reflect the AANM nations.

s'what I did for NARC and NATO, more or less.

Saturday, February 16th 2008, 9:05am

Heh don't forget NAFTA and NADA.