You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 7:00am

The Atlantean ambassador now was clearly bewildered at the Romanian possition on the issue...

"FAR is a defencive treaty, If the Romanian ambassador would take the time to read its charter he would realise that. We would be more than willing to present a copy of its charter, including the full text to the Romanian ambassador so that he may familiarise himself with it to prevent further embarassing outbursts.

To clairify, unless a FAR treaty member is dirrectly attacked the other FAR signatory's are under no obligation to participate in the conflict, in fact if they are the agressor in a conflict the other FAR members are not obligated to participate either.

Furthermore Russia has not engaged Polish troops dirrectly as of yet and Atlantis has not publically offered military assistance to the Lithuanian government nor its FAR ally Russia.

Considering other nations here have called for punitive actions against Poland we find the Romanian assertion, that the Atlantean veiw is biased in reguards to this crisis, to be quite flawed. Like Romania, we too are defending our allies, through diplomatic means, while the Romanians have flip flopped on the issue of military aid for their Polish allies and have even suggested they would declare war on Atlantis, a non-combatant in this conflict.

To quote the Romanian ambassador "Romania never sent any troops to aid the Poles, only 3 squadrons of obsolete aircraft, which were quickly withdrawn again." This clearly shows the bias that Romania holds in reguards to this crisis.

Quite frankly we are bewildered that now after several Aye votes, Romania now wishes to somehow disqualify Atlantis from a vote that both nations hold the same opinion of. Such a disqualification only serves to increase the likelyhood that the vote should fail given the Dutch vote of nay.

If Romania is a champion of peace in the region, why then does it wish to scuttle an aye vote that would see hostilities end and both party's sitting down at the negotiation table?

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 7:05am

The Romanian Prime Minister thunders into the hall. "You, you, and you out, whatever are you trying to do? Declare war on the assembly? Out I shall take over the negotiations from now on.

Turns towards the General Assembly.

Honored gentlemen, I would like to apologize for Romania's words up to this point. We are not going to declare war on Atlantis, nor are we going to impose oil sanctions. We do stand by our ally Poland in this matter, however, it should be done diplomatically and not by using idle threats. Our vote is still aye. The offer for non-interventionary aid still stands. Should the council show clear proof that Poland is behind this crisis, then we shall agree to whatever the council puts forth.

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 7:20am

OOC: The Bulgarians are wondering if their Romanian neighbors are schizophrenic. The Minister of Health further is investigating if it's contagious and Bulgarians should drink only boiled or bottled water... :P ;)

[SIZE=1]Come on, It's a joke, laugh.:P[/SIZE]

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 7:26am

OOC nope just when trying to debate sometimes it makes it interesting to switch sides. Besides I was running out of "polite insults" to throw at Atlantis

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 7:28am

OOC: Perhaps they suffer from terets syndrom?! The Turkish Ambassador would be interested to read about the Bulgarian minister of healths findings!

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 7:28am

OOC: Persia is starting to belive that all Franj are insane...

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 7:30am

Quoted

Originally posted by TheCanadian
OOC nope just when trying to debate sometimes it makes it interesting to switch sides. Besides I was running out of "polite insults" to throw at Atlantis

Hey don't hate the playa, hate the game!

..and now to loosen things up, emagine if Atlantis took triple T's aproach to diplomacy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU1jra7RKCQ

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 7:32am

OOC Persia is almost correct. We took the train to insanity a long time ago. Now we are on the road to NO RETURN, MWHAAAAAA

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 7:34am

OOC: Are we sure the Romanians aren't related to the Filippinos in Wesworld?

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 7:41am

OOC scenario if Atlantis takes triple T's approach to diplomancy

Romanian Prime Minister
"Yes oh great and mighty Atlantis, I bow before your supreme presence. You want me to sign this paper very well. What!! it gives away half of Romania to Russia, and half to Atlantis's puppet Bulgaria. Oww don't hit me PLEASE. Ouch that hurt. Waaa I want my mommy. Ok ill sign the paper, and apologize to the backstabbing Bul---(scene of intense violence not approved for children under 10) a hand reaches up, makes a shaky signature, then flops down again. A voice is heard. Mommy? where's my mommy?"

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 8:17am

On a comic note...

Since Canada isn't here, I have no opportunity to use the following. :\

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 8:27am

OOC: If Atlantis were to take triple T's aproach to diplomacy, then we would need a bigger room as Japan would be sending a couple of big Sumo Wrestlers to represent Japan. :)

Quoted

For those of you interested, here's a list of the 1935 representatives to the 16th Ordinary Assembly of the League of Nations. That was, incidentally, the year Germany pulled out and the USSR jumped in.

I would think that this would be handled during a Council Session, not during the General Assembly for that is the purpose of the Council Sessions. Since you linked that page, you will have notice that there are a lot more Council Sessions than General Assemblies.

Quoted

Since Canada isn't here, I have no opportunity to use the following. :\

From what I understand from reading stuff on the LoN as well as watching the pictures, other nations would have representatives present to observe matters so the Canadian representative could still make the remark.

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 8:31am

Minister Michalo Bernotas, Lithuanian delegate to the League of Nations sat in his chair, making copious notes of the back and forth discussions by the various delegates. At the rate things were going his next report to the Foreign Office was going to be a warrent a book rather then a pamplet of documents. He didn't imagine that some of the things he was going to report would be well recieved either in the Presidential Palace or in the Seimas.

He looked up from his clutter of notes, and noticed a disturbance a was happening at the doors to the League of Nations chamber. He raised an eyebrow in puzzelment, the guards seemed to be arguing with someone trying to gain entrance to the assemble. That didn't make any sense the majority of the ministers and ambassadors were already here.

After a few minutes, the man who wanted entrance was lead to the front of the League assembly. For some reason, that rung alarm bells inside, Bernotas's head. The man, young, breaded and dark haired, rather studious looking with glasses pirched on his nose, with straight regular features seemed mild mannered enough. He wore a long travel stained coat, a black mourning band decorated one of the cuffs. He politely removed a battered but servicable cap from his head.

The man cleared his throat once, then announced himself to the League of Nations delegates. He pulled a document from a brief case at his side, and began reading, what Bernotas suspected was a prepared statement.

"Gentlemen, I apologies for interrupting your deliberations, but I sincerely wish to present my credientials to you, the League of Nations, at this urgent time. I am David Tarkowski, the Wilno Republican ambassador, duely appointed by the order of Marshal Aleksy Letowska, President of the Republic of Wilno, with the agreement and advice of the General-secretaries of the Council of Government and the ratification of the First Parliment of Wilno." He spoke, clearly and calmly. Bernotas looked on in something approaching horror, as he waited for his fellow delegates reaction.

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 8:34am

Boy you really know how to throw a twist into the works!

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 8:34am

OOC oooh this could prove interesting. Notes to self do not stick foot any farther in mouth. Romania is going to wait and see this time, let others take on debating the formidable Mr. thesmilingassasin

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TheCanadian" (Feb 10th 2008, 8:40am)

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 8:44am

Thomas Krithia sat in amusement. "Well isn't this presumtous" he thought. "The so called republic of Wilno has garnered little in the way of official recognition and already has an ambassador? Marshal Letowska must be crazy as a box of frogs!"

He continued to sit in amusement, expecting either the Poles or the Romanians to acknowledge their new puppet regiemes ambassador.

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 8:52am

The Romanian Prime Minister goes looking for some tape to tape one of his remaining delegates mouthes shut in order to keep from replying to the Wilno delegates speech. Not finding any tape, he reaches down, pulls off his shoe and sock, and stuffs it in the delegates mouth. "Id kick him out too, he thought, but im in need of a flunky, to run messages. Best to see how Atlantis, Poland, Yugoslavia, Russia, France, and Lithuania respond first. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to wait for Nordish, German, English, and the American response as well.

OOC How are we supposed to investigate the matter of Polish support for the Wilno rebellion if we only take the Lithuanians story veritbatum?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TheCanadian" (Feb 10th 2008, 9:02am)

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 9:00am

OOC: Can we beleive anything the Poles or Wilno representatives say?, the insurection is afterall within Lithuania's borders. More importantly can the self proclaimed Wilno republic even present an ambassador when it isn't recognised as a nation by a large portion of the LON?

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 9:06am

OOC Well the Lithuanian story is going to be tainted as well. Legally no, but would it be a bad thing to at least hear his case? Besides, one of the prequestes I had for retracting my recognition was Wilno's acceptance of Persia's proposal. How else are they going to communicate that?

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 9:08am

The Persian delegate couldn´t belive his ears, this man was going to be allowed to act as an ambassador to the LoN? Why did not the chairman act? Ah, well perhaps the mullahs were right about the Franj...