You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 1:07am

Bulgaria votes Aye.

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 1:08am

Hell if Russia did invade Romania it would be over before the Romanians finished their speach at the LON session. That said if Romania did nothing while Russia invaded Poland through Lithuania, they might be safe.

I doubt Germany would sit idle however, unless they as historically did, make an agreement with Russia to carve up Poland. Yugoslavia may sit out too as they are wary of Italy (who is also a wild card in such a conflict. If Germany sided withthe PRJ I could see Italy enetering on side as well, hoping for further spoils in the Med once the war was over but that in turn would get the AANM involved.

You can see why the Atlanteans are steamed about Polish actions. They could very well spark a world war if all the right/wrong things happen.

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 1:09am

Atlantis votes Aye.

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 1:15am

the Gentelman from Yougoslavia wakes up just long enough to vote Aye. (several hours later he asks his staff what exactly did I vote on anyway)

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 1:18am

Aye

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 1:28am

OOC well all Romania wants is no League sanctioned occupation of Poland. If Russia invades there isn't much I can do to save Poland. Only Germany is in that position to aid her, and unless they do a historical, then I doubt they want the Russians sharing their eastern border again. As for a Russian occupation of Romania, ive got mountains to slow them down, as well as my 6 divisions in prepared defensive positions. Also, my 4 divisions that were covering Hungary could easily cover the Polish border, and id double-time march my 10 divisions up from the Bulgarian border, so although I can't win a long war, I could slow them down enough to make a speech in the LoN. Btw, ive already voted aye, but I think we all have to agree, and the Dutch voted nay.

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 1:28am

For those of you interested, here's a list of the 1935 representatives to the 16th Ordinary Assembly of the League of Nations. That was, incidentally, the year Germany pulled out and the USSR jumped in.

I don't think we have to be unanimous, just have a majority or plurality.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Brockpaine" (Feb 10th 2008, 1:30am)

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 1:32am

The Persian preposal does not involve polish territory.
Atlantis is backing off temperarily on that issue and is for now supporting the Persian preposal to at least walk away from the league meeting having set up a ceasefire.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 1:43am

Quoted

Originally posted by TheCanadian
Btw, ive already voted aye, but I think we all have to agree, and the Dutch voted nay.

As someone else has observed, it probably does not need to be unanimous. If it did, the Dutch could probably be talked into changing their vote 'considering the unique circumstances' etc, etc.

Oh, I would bet you won't see Hrolf's Germany ride to Poland's rescue against the Russians. :)

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 1:47am

True enough thats why unless Russia invades Romania as well, im staying out. I thought all LoN resolutions had to be unaimious? (sorry can't spell)

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 3:29am

Germany votes Aye as well.

[OOC: Germany refuses to comment on it's plans of what to do should Russia invade Poland. You can bet, though, that there have been a number of Kriegspiel exercises on the subject..... It's no secret that Germany likes having a buffer between it and Russia, but allowing the Russians to be between Germany and East Prussia might not be Germany's best move either.]

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Hrolf Hakonson" (Feb 10th 2008, 3:44am)

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 3:41am

After assurances that no troops will be based in Polish territory India votes aye.

Philippines votes aye.

OOC: Is the Netherlands on the 16 Council? If yes, the discussion is moot. If not, the chance of reaching an agreement still exists. IIRC the decisions of the Council have to be all or nothing.

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 4:27am

Quoted

OOC: Is the Netherlands on the 16 Council? If yes, the discussion is moot. If not, the chance of reaching an agreement still exists. IIRC the decisions of the Council have to be all or nothing.

This was discussed earlier and the following conclusion was reached:

[SIZE=3]League of Nations Council of Sixteen:[/SIZE]
Permanent:
SAE => Player (HoomAn)
US => Player (Canis)
Nordmark => Player (Earl822)
Atlantis => Player (Smily)
UK => Player (Hood)
Italy => Player (RedAdmiral)
Japan => Player (Rooijen)
France => Player (AdmKuznet)

non-permanent:
Argentina => Player (Hood)
Australlia => Player (Desert)
Chile => Player (Ithekero)
Denmark => Player (CG)
Iberia => Player (CG now)
Mexico => Player (Desert)
Poland => Player (perdedor)
Russia => Player (AdmKuznet)

If I'm understanding this right Poland and possibly Russia would need to recuse themselves from a council vote..

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Brockpaine" (Feb 10th 2008, 4:29am)

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 4:49am

Hmm some of the big boys seem to be AWOL this weekend. I can say with reasonable certainty that the U.S. would vote "Aye" to the current measure as well.

Also, even if India voted "nay" it looks like they are not part of the council of 16. Discounting Russia and Polands vote would mean that Atlantis could still press for harsh messures against Poland and still get a possible unanimous decision.......hmmmmm.

(Yes I'm stiring the pot but hey, it feels good to walk on the dark side once in a while!)

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 5:57am

Chile abstains at this time as we are not sure what sort of precedent this would set for the future over the soveriegnty of nations.

Chile does commend the League for acting quickly on a matter for once rather than waiting several months to two years before deciding to get involved in a conflict.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Ithekro" (Feb 10th 2008, 6:23am)

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 6:15am

Romania would like to point out that Russia, Poland, France, and Atlantis should all abstain from a council vote because in its view the council vote would not be one made by a neutral arbitrary party which is what in its view such a settlement on the Lithuanian crisis should be.

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 6:26am

Thats quite a stretch, France and Atlantis are not part of the conflict, at least so long as Poland doesn't shoot at Russian troops in eastern Lithuania. Neither country has troops anywhere near Poland/Lithuania/Russia.

Romania on the other hand does and also has been involved in the crisis dirrectly via forces in Poland, so if anyone should obstain because of "Interests" its the Romanians, particularily due to their combative tone and unconditional support for Poland in this crisis. The veiw of Atlantis would change little if it was China invading Timbuktwo under similar circumstances.

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 6:31am

As standard policy it is only those countries directly involved in the conflict that much not vote on an issue. This leave Poland out of the vote and probably Russia due to her stake in the region. France and Atlantis have no direct stakes in the area, and as this is a matter between Polland and Lithuantia, it does not involve the FAR nations as a whole, only Russia indirectly through possible border action. This brings the votes possible to 14 out of 16.

However there is a procedureal question to ask. Does the vote pass by simple majority, or does it require a percentage of the valid voting members?

(This also means the Dutch vote doesn't do anything at all....unless this is a general vote among all the LoN member...but then, what is a majority there?)

(Heh. I didn't know China shared a border with Timbucktoo. Learn something new everyday....)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Ithekro" (Feb 10th 2008, 6:33am)

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 6:40am

The Romanian turns to the other delegates and mentions in an undertone "Apparently the Atlantean delegate forgot to put his hearing aids in this mirning"

Turns towards the Atlantean delegates

As has already been mentioned, numerous times, Romania has already withdrawn its Fighter squadrons. Also Romania never sent any troops to aid the Poles, only 3 squadrons of obsolete aircraft, which were quickly withdrawn again. If Atlantis and France are not part of this conflict, then Romania would like to ask who the F and A are in the FAR treaty? Flordia and Antartica? So long as Russia has troops in Lithuania, then Atlantis and France by default of their treaty with Russia are as well. Romania also would like to point out to the General Assembly that Atlantis's remarks have not been that of the neutral, peace-loving nation eveyone seems to view her as, and seems bent on a Russian annexation of Poland. For this reason Romania does not feel that a settlement by the Security Council would be a neutral one, and proposes that any resolution dealing with a occupation or military restrictions be brought into the General Assembly, where all nations can express their opinion on this matter. Romania has only been defending its Polish ally, and will do so until absolute proof is shown that Poland and only Poland is responsible for this crisis.

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 6:55am

Kiosseivanoff coughed and muttered under his breath, "Sit down and shut up, we're voting."