You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 6:00am

The Lithuanian Government agrees to the majority of the points of the "Persian 6 Points" proposal, it reserves the right to disagree with some of the details. Particularly if the demand concerned comes from the insurrectionists i.e. the removal of "foreign" mercenaries. On the withdrawal of Russian troops the Lithuanians are prepared to accept this providing Polish troops also are withdrawn.

Further Lithuanian Offical Comment on status of Foreign Volunteers:

The DMZSBD "Dutch" Volunteers are sworn into Lithuanian service, they wear Lithuanian Republican Armed Forces uniforms and draw it's standard military pay, they also hold Lithuanian citizenship for the duration of their military service, which can on application by said volunteers be converted to permanent Lithuanian citizenship, via distinguished military service and a period of residency and tax payment within Lithuanian national territory.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Agent148" (Feb 17th 2008, 6:09am)

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 6:06am

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad
So the Lithuanian Government rejects the proposal. If the LoN do not accept an wast number of mercenaries to remain in Lithuanian service.

I read the Legion Oranje as foreign volunteers in Lithuanian service. Poland might as well be asking "Send your entire army to Denmark, and THEN we'll talk."

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 6:09am

And how many of the Russian troops will become "advisors" and thus excluded from the withdrawal or are other "advisors" on the way?

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 6:11am

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine

Quoted

So the Lithuanian Government rejects the proposal. If the LoN do not accept an wast number of mercenaries to remain in Lithuanian service.

I read the Legion Oranje as foreign volunteers in Lithuanian service. Poland might as well be asking "Send your entire army to Denmark, and THEN we'll talk."

Interesting so Bulgaria will have no problem if say Yugoslavia sends a couple of divisions of "Volunteers".

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 6:15am

While Romania does concede that Persia does raise some interesting points, why don't get the cease-fire in place, and then quabble over technicalities? Oh and ive got "observers" there as well, the Defence Minister to be exact.

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 6:24am

Quoted

Interesting so Bulgaria will have no problem if say Yugoslavia sends a couple of divisions of "Volunteers".

Nope, gets them off my border... ;)

How many Legion Oranje troops are there anyway? I think I recall about 3,000 or so. In the scheme of things that's a pretty small force to hold up a ceasefire over. Unless Wilno isn't interested in a ceasefire...

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 6:40am

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine

Quoted

Nope, gets them off my border... ;)

How many Legion Oranje troops are there anyway? I think I recall about 3,000 or so. In the scheme of things that's a pretty small force to hold up a ceasefire over. Unless Wilno isn't interested in a ceasefire...

Well, the Lithuanian do not want to exclude only the Dutch Mercenaries but any advisors as for what Vilno wants or not we have no idea unlike FAR and UKN we have no troops in the area nor do we intend to deploy any "Volunteers" or "Advisors"

That is however for the Council and the combatants to decide if they find it acceptable

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Vukovlad" (Feb 17th 2008, 6:47am)

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 8:06am

Not true, Romanian air groups were breifly stationed in Poland during the conflict. I'd say thats near. IIRC the Yugoslavians also had forces in the area.

Also Romania Borders Russia, thus making an expansion of hostility's very easy, I'd say that offsets 3,000 Dutch mercenaries.

Yugoslavia can send all the volunteers it wants (even though the only troops being expelled or excluded from this fiasco are FAR or PRJ troops), but given the fact that the Wilno troops will have to disarm, those volunteers will be traveling VERY light. I'd think it would be pointless.

I'd say request the Dutch leave once the LON forces are in place.

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 8:13am

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin

Agreed.

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 8:47am

Quoted

IIRC the Yugoslavians also had forces in the area.

Also Romania Borders Russia, thus making an expansion of hostility's very easy,

Not to myknowledge and their in a defensive alliance with me.

Only if the Russians intiate it despite my big talk, so while its potentially easy it all depends how the Russians want to go about this. The threat of blockade is real though it only becomes real if the Russians cross into Poland. Sorry no offence but Romania will probably never trust the Russians, nor do we want to share any longer of a border with them. Oh and if the Lithuanians decide to attack the people of the unrecognized Republic of Wilno does th LoN task force have the power on the spot to return fire?

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 10:30am

Personally I don't think the Romanians can seriously hold the Blockade against Russia for long given the disparity between each others Black Sea fleets.

In addition the Russians currently have a small fleet refiting in Byzantium that can break the blockade. Attacking them in Byzantium would automatically bring in Atlantis ect. and certainly make the Turks abit nervous too.

In short, I don't think the Russians are concerned about a blockade so much as they would be about a broadened land war along a roughly 1500 km long frontline.

As for LON forces firing at Lithuanian soldiers, the Lithuanians would have to initiate the action and I doubt they want to have additional enemy's to fight, afterall the LON forces are made up of other nations such as Bulgaria and perhaps the Turks. If they did however I'm sure the LON forces would fire back, most certainly.

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 1:39pm

Foreign combatants of any stripe should leave, that means the Poles, the Russians, the Dutch, etc. That excludes a reasonable number of trainers and advisors, but Lithuania is small enough that any large number of troops would be fairly obvious.

Germany will, obviously, support a proposal for a cease fire to begin on the 19th. Hopefully both sides will be more willing to stop now than they were on the 8th.

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 5:46pm

Quoted

Personally I don't think the Romanians can seriously hold the Blockade against Russia for long given the disparity between each others Black Sea fleets.

In addition the Russians currently have a small fleet refiting in Byzantium that can break the blockade. Attacking them in Byzantium would automatically bring in Atlantis ect. and certainly make the Turks abit nervous too.

In short, I don't think the Russians are concerned about a blockade so much as they would be about a broadened land war along a roughly 1500 km long frontline.

As for LON forces firing at Lithuanian soldiers, the Lithuanians would have to initiate the action and I doubt they want to have additional enemy's to fight, afterall the LON forces are made up of other nations such as Bulgaria and perhaps the Turks. If they did however I'm sure the LON forces would fire back, most certainly.

Yes well and I agree as well. However, im not going to try and keep the Russian ships in Sevastopol, only keep their trade from entering. Besides, the whole warning will probably not occur, given that the Russians seem not to want to take advantage of the world's current dislike of the Poles by attempting to annex them again, so it will probably become a moot point. However, ive already cut off Polands oil, so I can't have the Russians thinking that just because I no longer support the Poles intervention in this, (although I still feel that the Lithuanians would have been better to negotiate in early July), that Romania will sit idly by while the Russians smash up the Poles.
The LON question was asked because last time there was negotiations for a cease-fire the Lithuanians broke it in spectacular fashion, and Romania wants to make sure everyone stays honest this time around.

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 6:12pm

The British Delegate stood.

"Yes we can agree on the Persian Six Points Proposal.

We agree entirely on points 1, 3, 4 and 6.

While we agree the exclusion of Atlantean troops so to placate the Romainians and the obvious exclsuion of the PRJ nations and the Dutch we can see no reason why French troops could not be considered. We would perfer European troops to be sent and suggest a mixed force of British, French, Nordish and German troops.

We are puzzled to see how Point Five would work in practice. It seems a situation ripe for disatisfaction and possible later troubles. As long as the duration of any LoN administration is short then we could agree to the proposal."

The Argentine delegate stood a short time later clutching a telegram from Cordoba and voted to abstain and said little else about the matter.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hood" (Feb 17th 2008, 6:16pm)

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 6:21pm

Staatssecretaris of Foreign Affairs, Frank Reuter, Netherlands delegate :

The Netherland's Army and Air Force units deployed to Lithuania consist of two maintenance units and an amalgam of several units to serve as tutorial personal.

They have been requested by the Lithuanian government to educate their personal in the servicing and operation of surplus military equipment sold to them. In both cases they are non-combatants, so their presence or absence should be irrelevant to the larger considerations.

However, they should also not be a sticking point. If the League feels their continuing presence is a problem, the Netherlands will withdraw them. We will then offer to fly Lithuanian personal to the Netherlands to complete the training, but this is rather inefficient.

Kaiser Kirk

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 6:23pm

Gaston François Marie, Viscount Eyskens, Belgian delegate :

Belgium would like to commend the various countries for offering troops to keep the peace. We ourselves are willing to commit a Cavalry regiment to this purpose.

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 8:07pm

Bernotas rose to address the League.

"One the note just raised by the Belgien delegate, I must ask that the tedious detail of the selection of a LoN Task Force commander be address, now . Who is to be designated as the commanding officer/chief administrator and what is the composition of his force i.e which national troops are being sent?"

"Lithuanian advises that a force of at least several battalions is needed to effectively garrison the disputed municipalites, at least a minimum of five units of intantry and some additional cavalry units for patrol work and cease-fire enforcement. Effectively what is required is at least a brigade sized formation."

"If Belgium and Bulgaria are committed to sending a cavalry regiment and two battalions of infantry respectively, then I think that the League of Nations has made a promising start on the construction of the LoN Task Force, but much work remains to be done."

"If as the honoured British delegate points out the task force was rounded out by the committment of some British, French, Nordish and German troops, then I think much will be accomplished on this matter."

Bernotas sat down and awaited his fellow delegates response.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Agent148" (Feb 17th 2008, 8:36pm)

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 9:07pm

Ambassador Kiosseivanoff nodded to Bernotas. "I have been informed that his majesty is taking the matter of Bulgarian participation in a League of Nations force very seriously, and he has dispatched his personal aide-de-camp, Colonel Rafail Zhechev, on a mission to the affected region to assess the needs of such a force, and how or if Bulgaria should participate in the force. I have been instructed to tentatively offer the League of Nations two battalions of infantry and a supply battalion.

"As to the subject of a force commander, I have received instructions to advance the name of a German officer, Erich von Manstein. We have heard that he is an officer of high regard in the German Army. Bulgaria does not have any candidates at the present time for a League administrator, but suggests that any administrator named have a clear jurisdiction over the League forces, within reason of course."

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Brockpaine" (Feb 17th 2008, 9:10pm)

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 10:04pm

Bernotas considered carefully Kiosseivanoff's response and nodded in return.

"That is certainly a promising start. And I see no problem with a German officer heading the military side of things, and certainly the record of Erich von Manstein is known to the Lithuanian Ministry of National Defense. I will have to clear his cantidacy with the Lithuanian Government, but I see no reason as to why, they should object to his nomination providing of course, that German Government has no objections to that officer being assigned to the duty."

Bernotas then looked to the German delegation.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Agent148" (Feb 17th 2008, 10:04pm)

Kaiser Kirk

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 10:25pm

Gaston François Marie, Viscount Eyskens, Belgian delegate :

The Belgian war ministry confirms that we can increase our proffered commitment to include two infantry battalions.

We would find a French commander, or if the FAR business prevents that, an English commander, or even a Nordish commander, acceptable.

Edit:
ooc: i.e. Belgians serving under a German commander is not happening.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kaiser Kirk" (Feb 17th 2008, 10:36pm)