You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, February 16th 2008, 9:07am

I think that might be true if it was "The North Atlantic" but it might be that those creating it had "The Atlantic North" in mind when they came up with the translation.

Quoted

s'what I did for NARC and NATO, more or less.

Precicely. It is quick and simple and people will have some idea what the treaty is all about.

Saturday, February 16th 2008, 12:01pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
What exactly IS AANM, anyway?

We never bothered to get around to writing an actual text. It grew out of a strong friendship between Iberia and Italy and a treaty/understanding was put into text when Denmark signed on. The Netherlands then followed later.

Saturday, February 16th 2008, 1:41pm

Still, text has been requested several times. At least the AANM members know where they stand with other alliances as their text is transparent. The AANM's intent however is quite secret.

I realise in real life we wouldn't know the entire preamble but we would know the more important points. For the sake of role playing I think its important to have the entire text.

Saturday, February 16th 2008, 7:55pm

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
For the sake of role playing I think its important to have the entire text.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Saturday, February 16th 2008, 8:14pm

There's this wierd vibe, like somebody's hinting at something...

Saturday, February 16th 2008, 10:17pm

*[SIZE=3]Cough Cough[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]AANM treaty text [/SIZE] [SIZE=3]Cough[/SIZE] *

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 2:31am

OOC: did we ever achieve critical mass with the vote, or are we still sitting around in Geneva smoking cigars, downing alcohol, and running up the tab of our national expense accounts? :P

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 2:31am

Acting Wilno Republican Ambassador David Tarkowski listened on the phone for several minutes, his expression blank, as he recieved his new instructions from the Wilno General-Secretariat for Foreign Affairs, or rather one of their agents nearer to Geneva, to whom the original orders had been passed via a chain of human messangers, privateky owned wireless sets, a few coded telegraphic notes, even a pigeon or two.

"I understand, Josef, but they do realize that they've been arguing over this for days, I don't expect them to just drop their bickering and make an instant decision now." Tarkowski said, then quietly listened to the man on the other end reply.

"No I appreciate the urgentcy of the matter, I just don't think the League of Nations can be hurried into doing anything it isn't inclinded to do, particularly when many of it's members haven't made up their mind to do anything." Tarkowski looked back at the doors to the League of Nations meeting chambers, and frowned as he once again concentrated on the other man's reply.

"Yes, I think the Bulgarian delegate and the Netherlands delegates may be able to pull things back on track, but I wouldn't count on it being done quickly. The Romanians have helped make a hash of things with their constant about faces and erratic behaviour of their delegates."
Tarkowski responded to a quick question.
"The Altanteans are pretty committed to a solution, but their aren't pro-Polish by any stretch of the imagination, the bickering between them and the PRJ alliance hasn't helped much I think. So are the Nordish and several of the others. The Germans have been fairly quiet although active in what diplomatic means they can muster, but their in a bad spot all things considered so they can't be too overt."

"The Poles have been quieter then the Foreign Affairs would like to hear, I don't know exactly what they are playing at. The Russians on the other hand, have been very supportive of the Lithuanians, with the French voicing some support as well. Not much of a surprise considering they and Russia and Atlantis are on friendly terms diplomatically."

"Alright tell them I will give it another go, but they shouldn't be surprised if I don't make much headway, and I do expect the Lithuanians to stall things if they can, particularly on the matter of the composition or commander of a League of Nations Task Force and Ceasefire/Occupation Administrator."

Tarkowski hung up the phone, a look of clear dissatisfaction on his face, he gathered up his briefcase and made for the chamber doors, he noticed the guards had just gone on a lunch break.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Agent148" (Feb 17th 2008, 2:45am)

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 3:09am

"Atlantico Norte" is more correct and sounds better than "del Norte del Atlantico".

Quoted

OOC: did we ever achieve critical mass with the vote, or are we still sitting around in Geneva smoking cigars, downing alcohol, and running up the tab of our national expense accounts?
Well at this time the Mexicans and Australians are to drunk to do anything. Looks like we are set for a couple more days of arguining followed by nothing...

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 3:16am

OOC well I can't vote, so anybody got a beer? Maybe some tequilla? I want to be right drunk before I go argue with the Atlanteans over whos right and whos wrong in this whole mess. Oh and btw the Romanians aren't erratic, I just change my delegation when im tired of arguing on a point.

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 3:22am

Damn that ban on alcohol...

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 4:00am

Perhaps the Romanians would like a glass of Lyrian wine from the Atlantean ambassadors personal stock?
If we could just end the bickering we would succeed in ending the fighting.

Perhaps a vote on a simple cease fire date would be a start.

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 4:22am

OOC: I'm under the impression that we were supposed to wait until the Council of Twenty has voted, or something, and everybody seems confused at why the little nations are trying to vote...

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 4:37am

May we suggest July 20th as a ceasefire date

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 4:38am

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad

More like the 19th. :rolleyes:

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 4:46am

The 19th sounds good...

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 4:46am

We kindly accept the Atlantean ambassadors offer of some wine and we also agree to try and end the bickering from Romania's end.

We offer in return a glass of this excellent Red from France from our personal stocks.

As to the unofficial proposal for a cease-fire starting either the 19th or 20th Romania supports this completely.

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 4:50am

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 5:23am

Bernotas rose from his seat, a diplomatic note from the Lithuanian government is his hand. He adjusted his glasses carefully, and looked to his fellow League of Nations delegates.

"Gentlemen, the Lithuanian Government has just communicated to me it's perliminary considerations of the cease-fire proposals."

He read them off in order, in a clear voice

Point 1: Immediate Ceasefire.

The Lithuanian Republic agrees to this providing the Wilno Insurrectionist forces do so. It will take approximately 12-24 hours from the Lithuanian Government's receit of the cease-fire to get all units in the field to cease field operations and stand down. The establishment of a 500 yard neutral/cease-fire zone, 250 yards either side of the Wilno-Lithuanian border is understood to be a necessary precaution. The Lithuanian Government suggests the 20th or 21st as a suitable date to effect the cease-fire.

Point 2: Authorizing a LoN Task Force that excludes FAR and PRJ nations.

The Lithuanian government is prepared to accept the creation and stationing of a LoN Task Force within the disputed Wilno territory for the purposes of maintaining law and order during any negiotations, and prefers to not comment on a point of internal politics of the League of Nations as to who is and who does not contribute to the said Task Force at this time.

That said however, the Lithuanian Government requests that the following points be addressed:

1) That the military commander and chief civil administrator be named by the LoN as soon as possible.

2) That the component units of the LoN Task Force be selected and confirmed before the Task Force is sent to the disputed territory.

If this is not done, Lithuania will feel it regretably necessary to refuse to allow passage of such a task force across it's national territory.

Point 3: Withdrawal of all foreign troops in Lithuania.

The Lithuanian Government agrees to this providing the Russian Federation finds this acceptable. The Lithuanian Government would very much prefer the immediate retirement of Polish troops to proceed Russian ones from Lithuanian national territory, but as that may not be acceptable to some parties, the Lithuanian government is prepared to accept a mutual withdrawal.

Concerning the presence of certain foreign instructors and military advisors, the Lithuanian Government refuses to respond to any demand to eject such personel from it's territories, as said personel are there at the Lithuanian Governments request.

Point 4: Peace talks to begin as soon as the cease-fire is in effect.

The Lithuanian Government agrees to this provision and agrees that Stockholm, Nordmark or Koenigsberg, Germany are acceptable meeting places for the conference. The Lithuanian Government also agrees that King Carl Philip of Nordmark is an ideal cantidate to act as chairman of the conference.

Point 5: The Wilno Republic to be under LoN administration for the duration of the talks.

The Lithuanian Government agrees to this, although it must state for the record it's dissatisfaction with the infringement of it's national sovereignty that this provision engenders.

Point 6: The Wilno Republic forces to put their arms under LoN control for the duration of the talks.

The Lithuanian Government agrees to this, there is no objection to this proposal. However the Lithuanian Government wishes assurances that the disarmament of the Wilno Insurrectionist forces will be total, and that sufficient care and security is provided by the LoN Task Force to prevent Wilno troops from regaining access to said weapons and munitions before the end of the cease-fire negiotations.

OOC: I'm working on a map of the area concerned, hope to have it ready sometime this weekend. Will post it with particulars when I have it ready.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Agent148" (Feb 17th 2008, 5:33am)

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 5:53am

So the Lithuanian Government rejects the proposal. If the LoN do not accept an wast number of mercenaries to remain in Lithuanian service.