You are not logged in.

Wednesday, February 6th 2008, 8:05pm

Any Nations Left Open?

My name is Catthaginain, and I'm...
Whoops!
Wrong forum. :D

Actually, I'm the CSA player at N-verse 3. Tanthalas mentioned that there might be some openings remaining around here. I've lurked for a long, long time (over a year) and would like to see about picking up a nation if available. Something small, with a possible rivalry, maybe...?

Wednesday, February 6th 2008, 8:07pm

Brazil?

Wednesday, February 6th 2008, 8:07pm

I think when I joined, Brazil was open and it is in a war with South Africa... Poland was kinda offered to me as well, and they're stirring the pot in Lithuania and against Russia.

Suggest posting some designs and such so folks can get to know you. (I recognize you from WPDB and my irregular lurking in the Navalism boards... *Waves*)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Brockpaine" (Feb 6th 2008, 8:09pm)

Wednesday, February 6th 2008, 8:15pm

Well I think that the Phillipines may also be available.

Wednesday, February 6th 2008, 8:16pm

What is N-verse 3?

Wednesday, February 6th 2008, 8:18pm

Navalism version 3

Wednesday, February 6th 2008, 8:23pm

im Voting he take Poland as his CSA is one of my Italias staunchest allies =P

Wednesday, February 6th 2008, 8:59pm

Brock,
I see you about now and then. ;)
Glad to see another face I recognize.

Earl,
Fancy meeting you here. How's the new job?

Tan,
Might get Poland. Will pick after clinicals tonight.
Renal unit... yay, fun. People that can't go to the WC.
Shoot me, PLEASE?

Wednesday, February 6th 2008, 9:04pm

Quoted

Earl,
Fancy meeting you here. How's the new job?

I've been here for a while, longer than N3 has run for.

Note to all who enter here:-
Abandon all hope & your sanity at the door!

Thursday, February 7th 2008, 1:12am

Hello Carth and welcom to the forums! As Brock has said your best bet is to tell us abit about yourself in the personal info thread, post a few designs and participate in a few discussions.

That should allow us to get to know you and give you enough time to choose your nation. Keep in mind we hope that you'll be around for some time rather than a few months.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Thursday, February 7th 2008, 9:31am

I´m not sure if any nation worth playing is open for a new player but some participants controll more than one nation or are caretakers for others. There might be a chance to get one of those...

Thursday, February 7th 2008, 4:25pm

Brazil and the Phillipines come to mind as nations worth playing that have no ACTIVE player.

Thursday, February 7th 2008, 10:14pm

Brazil is tricky though because so much is already tied up in terms of stories and policies and a newer player might want the kind of fresh start Poland could offer. Already we have had two players come and go for Brazil while trying to script a war. Having a third may be too complicated if they don't stick the full course (a least half another SIM year which is about the same in real world times).

After the war though I'll welcome a new neighbour. 8)

Thursday, February 7th 2008, 10:30pm

It would definately be Poland.
Limited sea access will be an issue, but hopefully, people would be willing to take having a new player in a former NPC and be willing to change policies to relate to my behaviors after an appropriate time period for adjustment.

Saturday, February 9th 2008, 1:33am

AS for the other inactive nations, which would be open if I would like to take them up? I know Brazil was in a donnybrook and thus not the best place to go to, but what about all the others?

Greece - Alt_Naval (Inactive)
Philippines - Perdedor99 (caretaker)
Poland - Perdedor99 (caretaker)
Siam - Swampy (inactive)

P.S. Any word from Swampy? Anybody?

Saturday, February 9th 2008, 1:46am

Aside from Greece I'd say all of the above. I certainly have not heard from Swampy after several PM's.

Saturday, February 9th 2008, 1:55am

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
Aside from Greece I'd say all of the above. I certainly have not heard from Swampy after several PM's.

OK. Part of that was wondering about Siam, as it seems to be rather ignored ATM. What's the neighborhood like? Good neighbors? Good schools for the kids? ;) Siam seems to offer a lot of opportunity to build up and make things happen. I can't find an infrastructure thread on it... I'm assuming it's pretty slim.

Other part was I wonder about Swampy a bit.
Was a nice guy in N-verse... helped my nation a lot.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Carthaginian" (Feb 9th 2008, 1:55am)

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 2:10am

On Siam:

Neighborhood...well the less said the better. Surrounded by SATSUMA and now SEAR.

Siam does offer a lot of oportunity.

As for infrastruucture, look for the last Q report done for it, it should have all of it.

Oh and one last note, there is a very secret alliance between Siam and Australia.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 2:53am

Commodore Green used to run Siam, but turned it over to Swampy when he came back and Alkichi had the Philippines,and Frywulf had Brazil.

Siam has a rather strong link to Denmark, and it's harborage at Phuket has both Danish vessels and a Dutch fleet. Siam is also part of the Regional Asiatic Trade Society. Siam has offered rental elephant trained to trample the unfortunate victim on command. There was Siam-Indian conflict way back, but otherwise quite. Oh, and it's been making hostile noises against French Indochina. Which has made noises back.