You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, January 26th 2008, 9:17pm

Turkish Army

An overview and a work in progress. Constructive coments welcome.

The Turkish standing army has 20 000 officers and 174 000 men for a total of 194,000. Military service lasts for three years.

I'd assume that 12 infantry divisions, 1 mountian division and 4 calvary divisions would exist with several fortress brigades.

140 FT-17 tanks
64 T-26 tanks
60 BA-3 armoured cars
60 BA-6 armoured cars

Turkey is also looking to mechanize/motorize its infantry units with armoured halftracks and trucks. In addition new tanks are also being sought after. To that end Turkey will likely attend the Tabriz Arms Exposition to take a gander at the goods.

Saturday, January 26th 2008, 9:26pm

Quoted

Turkey is also looking to mechanize/motorize its infantry units with armoured halftracks and trucks. In addition new tanks are also being sout after. To that end Turkey will likely attend the Tabriz Arms Exposition to take a gander at the goods.

Likely?!? I would say that it is an excellent opportunity to see what is available on the weapons market, what is being offered by the many nations of the Wesworld. The Turks would be foolish not to come.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rooijen10" (Jan 26th 2008, 9:27pm)

Saturday, January 26th 2008, 9:31pm

Well "likely" means "hopefully Turkish/Persian relations are still good at that point", given the various recent events involving school texts and the inevitable fallout over SEAR's creation. That said even if Turkey doesn't show it can always hold its own event specifically aimed at showcasing what it needs.

Right now my airforce and navy are shaping up nicely so its the army that needs attention.

Saturday, January 26th 2008, 9:49pm

Isn't it cheaper to go to someone else's exposition? :)

Saturday, January 26th 2008, 9:55pm

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
Well "likely" means "hopefully Turkish/Persian relations are still good at that point", given the various recent events involving school texts and the inevitable fallout over SEAR's creation. That said even if Turkey doesn't show it canalways hold its own event specifically aimed at showcasing what it needs.

Right now my airforce and navy are shaping up nicely so its the army that needs attention.

The Turkish delegation is of course welcome, perhaps a statevisit to discuss the latest aggressive posturing by Britain and Russia would be in order

Saturday, January 26th 2008, 9:59pm

... and of course solving the social studies book matter as well. :)

Saturday, January 26th 2008, 10:35pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
Isn't it cheaper to go to someone else's exposition? :)

Well yes it is and there is certainly a wide array of army weapons on display. As for a diplomatic visit, it depends. Currently a visit is already in order in eastern Europe set for August. After than I suppose a middle east vistit is in order, including visits to British and French territory's in the region.

Anyway any comments on what the force structure should look like for a 1930's Turkish army?

Saturday, January 26th 2008, 10:49pm

Somewhat OT I notice that you listed the BA series and the T-26, I know that they are historical but has Russia delivered them in the SIM ?

Saturday, January 26th 2008, 11:15pm

Its been a somewhat neglected part of my Turkish encyclopedia section so wether or not they have been delivered has been overlooked. Relations with Russia have been average and the orders are historic (allthough the historical BA-3 numbers are an unknown) so it shouldn't be an issue.

Saturday, January 26th 2008, 11:21pm

The reason I ask is that i have a pretty good idea what was delivered to Iran/Persia prior to 1935 but didn´t add because they had not been deliverd in the SIM (and I am unsure if some of the equipment exists at all in the SIM)

Saturday, January 26th 2008, 11:32pm

What Russia has now can be seen here.

http://wesworld.jk-clan.de/thread.php?threadid=3475&sid=

As to other historical designs you'd have to ask Admiral K about that. I'm not even sure my list will be even 25% accurate. I could end up with 120 BA-10's and either some T-29's, 30's and/or 35's.

Saturday, January 26th 2008, 11:37pm

If you need help with the historical equipment, I can help you out. My question was can I add historical equipment even if it hasn´t been delivered in game?

Saturday, January 26th 2008, 11:42pm

Thats kinda dificult to answer, depends on the relations with each particular nation and to some extend the players themselves. If persia purchased equipment from the Czechs I doubt there would be an issue as they sold weapons to anyone willing to buy them. At any rate that would be subject to another thread.

I'm more concerned with how the Turkish army OOB should be set up.

Sunday, January 27th 2008, 12:10am

Historical deliveries from Russia (USSR) to Turkey:

Gifts:
4 T-26A
6 T-27
1 T-37

Bought:
64 T-26B
43 BA-6

Tank Btn
HQ 1 tank, 1 AC
1&2nd AC Coys (ea 4 plt with 5 AC)
HQ 1 tank
102 &103rd Tk Coys (ea 4Plt with 5 Tk)
Reserve: 21 tanks

Sunday, January 27th 2008, 1:47am

My sources state 60 BA-6 were purchased. I also have some additional info on the Turkish Army based on various years 1938, 1941 ect.

The model I've set up is a slightly scaled down 1938 era military with historical purchases. that said the historical might have to change due to Russian armour developement being slightly different.

Sunday, January 27th 2008, 1:53am

May I ask if you also are using "Balkan Battles"?

Sunday, January 27th 2008, 1:59am

Web sources unfortunately, which are most likely not entirely accurate. The source on the BA-6 numbers is from this site...

http://mailer.fsu.edu/~akirk/tanks/

While Turkish info is from here...

http://members.tripod.com/~marcin_w/index-2.html

Sunday, January 27th 2008, 2:06am

Well as long as you get the information, it isn´t like 15-20 Armored cars are going to change the fortunes of war.

Sunday, January 27th 2008, 2:49am

Unless its a war sparked by a minor insurrection!