You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, January 26th 2008, 4:47pm

Shipbucket meets Wesworld

As a regular contributor to the Shipbucket site (more as an alternate history author) I've decided to draw the new major warships of the RN in this style.

Here are the first three drawings so far.

If you want to see more of my work here is a link to my Shipbucket page (Tornado is my what-if modellers alter-ego) Tornado's AU Cold War Page

Saturday, January 26th 2008, 7:16pm

Nice pics James!

Saturday, January 26th 2008, 9:49pm

Nice Work Sir!!

Just one question.......what scale??

Saturday, January 26th 2008, 9:51pm

I already calculated that at ~2 pixels/ft earlier today... unless I did something wrong.

Saturday, January 26th 2008, 10:16pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
I already calculated that at ~2 pixels/ft earlier today... unless I did something wrong.

That's what I use for my DD drawings, this doesn't look big enough!

(Of course, that could just be me going lampy!!)

Saturday, January 26th 2008, 10:26pm

The bar represents 100 meters and is 656 pixels long. 100 meters is ~328 feet.

656/328=2

... so 2 pixels/foot.

Sunday, January 27th 2008, 11:27am

I'm not sure on the design of the secondary turrets. Why not the historical countersunk type? Also I'm not sure about the little guns? Are they single 20mm with shields?

Sunday, January 27th 2008, 3:31pm

Yes the scale is 2 pixels/foot.

Those small guns are the 6pdr anti-TB guns on the Victorious Class which RLBH added to the design. Beware the scale we use on Shipbucket distorts the barrel thickness so they appear thinner than they would be.

Sunday, January 27th 2008, 8:28pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Red Admiral
I'm not sure on the design of the secondary turrets. Why not the historical countersunk type?

I agree. They look like your standard USN 5" twin mounts, not british secondaries.

Tuesday, January 29th 2008, 8:47pm

They are based on the 4.7in twins mounted on the I Class BCs. Basically not much more than a big shield over the guns. The newer 4.5in DP will be different.

JLDogg

Unregistered

Saturday, February 2nd 2008, 2:56am

Looks Great!!

I have followed your work at shipbucket, I am glad to see some WW2 type stuff.

Please, MORE, MORE, MORE. :D

Monday, February 4th 2008, 9:14pm

Something smaller this time. The new F Class destroyers currently under construction.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hood" (Feb 4th 2008, 9:15pm)