You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, January 25th 2008, 9:13pm

Buying from NPCs?

How do you place orders with NPC nations/companies?

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Friday, January 25th 2008, 9:36pm

You pretty much simply announce you did.

Pretty much as long as relations are good with the host country, and the company historically sold abroad, go for it. Hence the popularity of Czech companies (though I poached Avia some years back). For historical gear from Player nations you probably don't need to specifically request it, unless relations are poor or the gear is top-end.

The exception would be warships, where you would need to establish they can & will allow use of their facilities, and then you'd need to transfer materials.

Friday, January 25th 2008, 10:01pm

I thought if you wanted to use another country's gun, you had to get it okay'd from the Player.

It'd seem pretty odd for the USN 5"/38 to show up on an Italian or Chinese ship unless the US government okay'd it, I would think.

Friday, January 25th 2008, 10:10pm

Quoted

It'd seem pretty odd for the USN 5"/38 to show up on an Italian or Chinese ship unless the US government okay'd it, I would think.

Well, if you were to 'borrow' the 5"/38... :)

Friday, January 25th 2008, 10:19pm

I was thinking of buying large amounts of Trucks

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Friday, January 25th 2008, 10:22pm

Quoted

Originally posted by ShinRa_Inc
I thought if you wanted to use another country's gun, you had to get it okay'd from the Player.

Like I said, unless relations are poor or the gear top end. Plus I'm not aware of that being historically widely exported which means it fails a bunch of the cautionaries. However, I doubt Mexico has to ask about the 5"/25- old and good relations.

But point taken, might be best to ask if from PCs, esp. until you cement Persia's standing with various PC nations.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kaiser Kirk" (Jan 25th 2008, 10:23pm)

Saturday, January 26th 2008, 1:02am

What you can't buy, you steal.

Loads of trucks might be a problem though. Italy has some nice non-sarb trucks suited to desert operations....

Saturday, January 26th 2008, 1:13am

The AB-34 looks tasty but as I stated TAEX companies get preferential treatment