You are not logged in.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Friday, January 25th 2008, 5:31pm

Infrastructure Question

Historically Tjilatjap was a harbor. It had a rail line and four-five larger piers. However the harbor approach was poor and limited to ships drawing less than 30 feet.

To improve the harbor, the Dutch dredged it a meter deeper and added more facilities.

Quoted

The alterations of the port itself included both strenghtening the defences as making the port suitable for handling about 250.000 tons of cargo each month. The latter was in fact the most difficult and costly job, as it included deepening the entrance by one metre and the addition of new facilities. Navigation lights were placed along the entrance, a dozen mooring- buoys were laid in the port near the island Noesa Kambang and new piers with electric cranes were built for unloading the ships.

This is not the same as developing a port from scratch, but it does sound like I should 'pay' in some manner for the improved port, the question is.. how much?
A nominal 0.1 ?
A more pricey 0.5?
A full IP?
More?
Opinions?

Friday, January 25th 2008, 5:39pm

Well our infrastructure only covers slips and drydocks, peirs on the other hand seem easy enough to construct, just simply drive in piles ect.

I don't think it should cost anything.

Friday, January 25th 2008, 5:59pm

Only military facilities are paid for.

Saturday, January 26th 2008, 12:13am

A lot of ports are dredged as part of their normal ops, (saw a programme about such ops in Rotterdam recently), so I would just assume it "gets done"!