You are not logged in.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Friday, January 25th 2008, 2:09am

Quoted

Originally posted by The Rock Doctor
C'mon, Mac, that would require diplomacy.

Edit: ...and compromise.

leave it to the Indians to start hurling cursewords like "diplomacy and compromise" this is an international forum, we demand better conduct !
As if!

Yes, that's a lame attempt at humor- deal with it 8p

Friday, January 25th 2008, 2:35am

Dealing!

Friday, January 25th 2008, 6:06am

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10

Quoted

Permanent: 8 => Atlantis, France, Italy, Japan, Nordmark, SAE, UK and USA.
Non-permanent: 8 => Argentina, Australia, Canada, Chile, Denmark, Iberia, Mexico, Poland, Russia and Turkey.

You're at 10 non permanent members that way.
I really don't see why Canada had to be added to that list. Historically there wer 11 non-permanent members sellected for the Council in 1935 as I gave above, so if we are going for 8 non-permanent members for Wesworld, they'll be from one of the next 10 nations: Argentina, Australia, Chile, Denmark, Ecuador, Mexico, Poland, Iberia, Soviet Union, and Turkey... so from that list, two would have to be dropped to get our 8 members.

So we either drop Mexico, Equador or Turkey. As for Canada why not?, you've already discounted Shin who expressed interest and we already have several fictional nations in there anyway.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Friday, January 25th 2008, 6:49am

If Mexico was OTL president, it would make sense to retain them. It's been pointed out that Ecuador is part of Iberia, so they can be struck, leaving the Turks odd man out.

Friday, January 25th 2008, 7:12am

Then the Turks are out I guess.

Friday, January 25th 2008, 10:11am

Before we argue about who is inside and who not,we should agree about how the LoN should look like. In short, how many permanent and non-permanent members the league has.

Friday, January 25th 2008, 5:35pm

I think we settled on 8 permanent and 8 non permanent on the senior council of 16. Theres about 5 country's that are not part of the LON.

Saturday, January 26th 2008, 12:09am

Quoted

Originally posted by The Rock Doctor
C'mon, Mac, that would require diplomacy.

Edit: ...and compromise.

Sorry, was i typing in my sleep again?

One can but dream!

Tuesday, January 29th 2008, 11:58am

So we have the following list:

permanent:
SAE => Player (HoomAn)
US => Player (Canis)
Nordmark => Player (Earl822)
Atlantis => Player (Smily)
UK => Player (Hood)
Italy => Player (RedAdmiral)
Japan => Player (Rooijen)
France => Player (AdmKuznet)

non-permanent:
Argentina => Player (Hood)
Australlia => Player (Desert)
Chile => Player (Ithekero)
Denmark => Player (CG)
Iberia => Player (CG now)
Mexico => Player (Desert)
Poland => Player (perdedor)
Russia => Player (AdmKuznet)

So we have our 8 permanent and 8 non-permanent members of the LoN.

Maybe I'm wrong ;)

Tuesday, January 29th 2008, 12:05pm

Sounds right,

though I'm not sure as to what status Germany may want to take on this, though if necessary they can presumably talk to Nordmark, and have their opinion expressed that way.

Tuesday, January 29th 2008, 12:16pm

We have some more other countries , which are no permanent or non-permanent member of the LoN and they are not a NPC !!!!

Germany (Hrolf)
China (parador)
Bulgaria (Jeffrey)
Brazil (Fyrwulf)
Canada (ShinRa)
Chosen (Salaam)
Colombia (Smily)
Greece (alt_naval)
India (perdedor)
Persia (Vukovlad)
Peru (perdedor)
Philippines (perdedor)
Romania (perdedor)
Turkey (Smily)
Yugoslavia (perdedor)

Tuesday, January 29th 2008, 12:20pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Earl822
Sounds right,

though I'm not sure as to what status Germany may want to take on this, though if necessary they can presumably talk to Nordmark, and have their opinion expressed that way.

Germany finds it a bit surprising that historically it was a permanent member from when it joined in 1926, but here it's not. Right now, yes, it could talk to Nordmark and have it's view represented (to one degree or another), but before 1934.....

Tuesday, January 29th 2008, 6:23pm

Okay maybe we should go for 10 and 10 on the council? We could then add Germany, India, Turkey and China.

On a side note, Perdedor you seem to be running quite a few nations I don't think fot the sake of a vote you should be acting in their behalf. I'm not suggesting you might stack the votes but other might so in the interest of fairness perhaps it would be best to hand some of them over randomly to other players for the sake of a vote.

Tuesday, January 29th 2008, 6:45pm

Right now in a decision like this only the Council will vote. Pretty much with a 10/10 Council I got three votes but is moot because if IIRC the votes have to be all or nothing.